G6 Race Videos - Edgewater Track - 4/2/2010

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G6 Race Videos - Edgewater Track - 4/2/2010

Well, as some of you may know, I took the 6 racing for the first time since the headers and retune. Kinda disappointed in my time increase, but if you put my best launch with my quickest time, I would have run a 14.21. Density altitude adjustments were between 1700 and 2000 so at sea level, I'd be right at 14.02. Anyway, here are the videos:

07 Pontiac G6 GTP vs S2000 - 14.477
    [youtube:1dq9zkcp]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VgnwgKK2FxA[/youtube:1dq9zkcp]

07 Pontiac G6 GTP vs SC Trail Blazer - 14.370
    [youtube:1dq9zkcp]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rraql5sFUiU[/youtube:1dq9zkcp]

07 Pontiac G6 GTP vs Import - 14.341
    [youtube:1dq9zkcp]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKpQaL4wHig[/youtube:1dq9zkcp]

On a funny note, I met a 2003 mustang GT owner and got to talking with him. Really wanted to race him since I seem to get some many mustang owners on Youtube who BLAST the videos of me beating mustangs. Anyway, I wanted another video of me beating a 4th gen mustang GT at Edgewater, so I tried several times to line up against him. When I finally did, he dicked around outside his car so long they waved somebody around. I checked out his slips and he couldn't get anything under a 14.5, somewhat due to sloppy launches Yet another mustang owner who can't handle the "power" those 4th gen. GT's have
    2007 Black GTP w/ Taupe interior - SOLD 2/29/2012
    1/4: 14.341 @ 97.29 mph

Re: G6 Race Videos - Edgewater Track - 4/2/2010

great races! now let me have my car back....

Comment

Originally posted by oomonte
      great races! now let me have my car back....
      NEVA!!!

Comment

Very good runs Nate. Not only does the 6 look great lining up, you have that beauty singing such sweet music. You also seem to have pretty quick reads on the lights. What is your launch technique to get those strong runs? Well done.
        Mods: Lampoon's crabs under my hood (CAB and FPU w/K&N)
        Partial debadging, blackout window chrome and black overlays; Racingline FSB;
        Redline Elite Quick Lifts; HSRK; intake resonator delete

Comment

Originally posted by standfast
          Very good runs Nate. Not only does the 6 look great lining up, you have that beauty singing such sweet music. You also seem to have pretty quick reads on the lights. What is your launch technique to get those strong runs? Well done.
          Thank you, thank you! I try to pre-load between 2500 - 2700 rpm while holding my foot on the brake. I have traction control off but ESC on. Then, I left off the brake at the last yellow light and TRY to quickly feather into WOT about half a second later. However, my adrenaline takes the best of me from time to time and I end up just stomping on the gas after I let off the brake and spin those tires clear through 40 - 50 feet.

Comment

Thanks and I assume you leave it in D and let the tranny shift itself.

Comment

Originally posted by standfast
              Thanks and I assume you leave it in D and let the tranny shift itself.
              Yep, for now. Although, next time I might try tap shift to make it shift just a little earlier. I think the current fastest 3.6l said he always used tap shift and had quicker times. I guess I'll just have to try it.

Comment

Practice on Rob.

Comment

Niiiiiiceeeeee! Hey, don't be so upset about the "mediocre times". I ran a 14.9 and would love to run 14.3s!
                  sigpic
                  Custom 93 Dyno Tune, Red Painted K&N Intake, GT-R Exhaust, CMS Springs, Racingline STB + Race MMI's, Sacchi S45 Black Wheels, Hankook Ventus V12 245/45ZR18, Delete Intake Resonator, Mobil 1, Red Calipers, Body Color Matched Headlights/Engine/Battery Covers/Interior Trim, Debadged, Tinted Tails, AIT Hood, ZZP Shift Kit, R1 Concepts Rotors + Pads, Summit Racing Trans Cooler, Denso Iridium Plugs, 30% Tint, Suede Upholstered Steering Wheel, Rear STB

Comment

Originally posted by thestig
                    Niiiiiiceeeeee! Hey, don't be so upset about the "mediocre times". I ran a 14.9 and would love to run 14.3s!
                    Thanks. I think if we start using dragtime.com to check the altitude density adjustment, we can more accurately compare times. I mean, a 14.9 in Denver is better than a 14.5 in Cincinnati. Oh well. I guess if we are going just raw times, this is the only way to do it.

Comment

i knew s2000s blew
                      Cold air intake, racingline engine mounts, painted engine cover, tinted tail lights, resonator delete, red and black calipers, Flowmaster 50 series, black upper recessed grills,cobalt ss/tc rims, massive audio nano 800w amp, pioneer A series 460W speakers, pioneer double din touch screen headunit and debadge[color=#FF0000][

My Progression:http://www.g6performance.com/forum/s...;s+progression
                      JOIN FOREVERPONTIAC.COM...NOW!!!!!!

Comment

Dude 07GTPBlackAndTan you fricken rock. I was sure that s2k was gonna whoop on ya....boy was I like

Comment

Originally posted by hnda8n
                          Dude 07GTPBlackAndTan you fricken rock. I was sure that s2k was gonna whoop on ya....boy was I like

Thanks man! He bogged his launch, but he still never caught up which tells me if they don't get off the line right, they really aren't anything to write home about.

Comment

Your really inspire me mang...

I mean...your doing this well with just the basics? Thats fricken awsome.

Eibach Pro Springs, RAM AIR CAB w/ lid, Resonator delete, Vector ECM/TCM Tune/HSRK, GT-R exhaust, RacingLine Motor Mounts, Pennzoil Full Syn., 245/45ZR18 GY Eagle GT, MMS Headers
                            I say again
                            But it kinda sucks that I have the 3.5L

Comment

Originally posted by hnda8n
                              Your really inspire me mang...

I mean...your doing this well with just the basics? Thats fricken awsome.

Eibach Pro Springs, RAM AIR CAB w/ lid, Resonator delete, Vector ECM/TCM Tune/HSRK, GT-R exhaust, RacingLine Motor Mounts, Pennzoil Full Syn., 245/45ZR18 GY Eagle GT, MMS Headers
                              I say again
                              But it kinda sucks that I have the 3.5L
                              Yeah, basically tune, intake and full exhaust. Nothing special really except the headers, but that's pretty standard for racing it seems.

Comment

Working...
                              X