Holden SSV black stripe kit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Holden SSV black stripe kit

Here's your chance to give me your opinions, not that I needed to ask.
    Only the top and the hood are done for now, and I held off on the portion of the hood in front of the scoops. I think I like it better without putting the rest of the stripe on the scoops. Let me know what you think.
    I also didn't have time to detail the G8 either, so no comments from the peanut gallery. LOL
    The deck lid and spoiler will get done after May 10th, because that's when the deck lid gets the holes filled and repainted.

G6P member 340

G8 GT 334 0f 1st 888
    Pedders Street II suspension. Pedders Strut Tower bar. VMS HSRK, VMS PCM/TCM tune, Forged and Stroked LS3, Garrett Turbo
    Borla Cat back. SLP underdrive pulley. FAST ported 102 intake and TB ported. BMR trailing arms, Circle D 3200 stall converter.
    20 percent tint by Scott's tinting and graphics.

Re: Holden SSV black stripe kit

Ray, while stripes aren't my thing, I do like those on your car. I don't think you could have chosen a better way to get the striped look. The main thing is that you're happy with the result. The rear view will just add to the effect when you're done. Good job IMO.
    Mods: Lampoon's crabs under my hood (CAB and FPU w/K&N)
    Partial debadging, blackout window chrome and black overlays; Racingline FSB;
    Redline Elite Quick Lifts; HSRK; intake resonator delete

Comment

i just feel like there is something missing with the stripes not coming all the way forward.. just my 2cents

but it looks awesome and i wish i had one

Current Modifications: 18' Sky Wheels w/ 245/40-18 Tires, 25mm Spacers, Megan Racing Coilovers, Racingline STB, JPE Rear Camber Kit, Energy Suspension Poly Bushings, Painted Calipers, Double Drilled/Slotted Rotors, Ceramic Brake Pads, Street Series MMI, CRABS with FPU, NGK Iridium Plugs, Kingsborne 8mm Wires, Custom Magnaflow Exhaust, Custom 2ga Grounding Kit, DDM 6k HIDs High/Low/Fog, Halos, High/Fog Mod, Chrome Recessed Upper and Lower Grills, GM Ground Effects Kit, GXP Rear Bumper, GXP Sedan Hammerhead, 15% Tint, Custom Painted Engine Cover, Painted Mirror Caps, Tinted Tails, QuickLifts, PAC Audio Input, Interior LED Conversion, Dash LED Accents, 3W LED Trunk Lighting

Comment

That thing is dirty! Jeewiz!

Looks good though. I like it alot.
        Make me a signature and ill put it in here...

Comment

Stripes look awsome!!! Are your bottom grilles just dirty or are they actually the regular black unpainted plastic? If they are clean, paint those to match the top grilles; the shiney black. O yea and I'm talkin about the outside not the mesh part.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
          Current Mods: K&N Typhoon Air Intake System, 10000K DDM HID Lows and fogs, 6000K Highs, 18" Forte Nokturnal rims, Michelin Pilot HX MXM4 Tires, Chrome upper and lower grilles, self tinted tail lights, self painted interior pieces, RacingLine front strut tower bar, GT-R exhaust, Blue painted Calipers, Lampoon blue dart overlays, LED reverse lights, sometimes a WAMS tune,Brembo Brake Conversion, Cobalt SS rear Brake conversion, 15mm H&R Spacers, ATE Super Blue Racing Brake Fluid, Eagle Eye CCFL Headlights, Optima Yellow top Battery, Moog Control Arms & Tie rod ends, BMD SS Brake Lines, BMD Swaybar Links, White LED Gauge Lights,

RIP
          INDIAN WARRIORS
          1926-2010

Comment

The stripes look ok.... but why did you get the flat black color. I think it would look better glossy... You have like three different shades of black. Glossy grille rings, plastic flat black grille mesh, and a different matte black stripes??
            just my opinion

Comment

I really like it.

'08 G8 GT... 1 7/8" Kooks Blue Ceramic Coated Long tube Headers... 3" Xpipe...Magnaflow axle backs...Rotofab CAI...Heater hose relocate. Ported throttle body, intake manifold, Custom grind cam 227/237 .620/.604 LSA 113 +3, Circle D 3200 stall, 3.45 rear gear,Tuned by Redline
              Dyno 438 WHP 415 WTQ

'15 Chevy SS Some Like It Hot Red Holden Grill & trunk badge... Solo performance axle backs... Rotofab Intake, Mobile attractions front splitter

Comment

Originally posted by Tombstone86
                Stripes look awsome!!! Are your bottom grilles just dirty or are they actually the regular black unpainted plastic? If they are clean, paint those to match the top grilles; the shiney black. O yea and I'm talkin about the outside not the mesh part.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
                The bottom grilles are just black plastic. Actually, it looks as if the grille surrounds are going to be painted semi gloss now.

Originally posted by hnda8n
                The stripes look ok.... but why did you get the flat black color. I think it would look better glossy... You have like three different shades of black. Glossy grille rings, plastic flat black grille mesh, and a different matte black stripes??
                just my opinion
                To be honest, I wasn't aware the stripes were not gloss black, so I was kinda surprised. Anyway, too late now. LOL
                Your opinion is helpful.
                G6P member 340

G8 GT 334 0f 1st 888
                Pedders Street II suspension. Pedders Strut Tower bar. VMS HSRK, VMS PCM/TCM tune, Forged and Stroked LS3, Garrett Turbo
                Borla Cat back. SLP underdrive pulley. FAST ported 102 intake and TB ported. BMR trailing arms, Circle D 3200 stall converter.
                20 percent tint by Scott's tinting and graphics.

Comment

Now that you have the stripes on, you can paint the car glossy black, then peel off the vinyl and then you'll have red stripes on a black car.....and it will be painted not stickers..... Boy..that would look bad ASS!!!

Comment

I like the way the stripes on the hood looks and the rear deck with spoiler will look good also, I'm sure. I not a big fan of the stripes on the roof though. Too much going on when you see the factory black accents, IMHO.

Comment

i think it looks great! dont do the rest of the hood. it looks good the way it is
                      ............... My cardomain page ................. My facebook page ...............

Comment

car is sexy as hell
                        i like the stripe on 50 cents g8 @ sema

K&N typhoon, Magnaflow Cat-back, Eibach Springs, Konig Rims, Sunny Tires,

Comment

the concept looks great but I think gloss black would bring it all together

http://www.cardomain.com/id/WS6Racing" Totaly Badged 2006 Red GT Loaded
                          Originally posted by [i
                          Nancy Reagan[/i]]"Theres no such thing as a stupid question, theres just stupid people that ask questions" 1987

Comment

Ray, you got me drooling on grrr8 and now here.

2009 Liquid Red G8GT
                            4 door mafia
                            93 octane VMS ecm/tcm tune
                            8000k hid's
                            Solo Mach Shorty & HFC's
                            Rotofab cai and radiator cover
                            13.207@107.11
                            330 hp/328 tq on a Mustang dyno

Comment

If you dull coated the grills maybe that would work???

http://www.cardomain.com/id/WS6Racing" Totaly Badged 2006 Red GT Loaded
                              Originally posted by [i
                              Nancy Reagan[/i]]"Theres no such thing as a stupid question, theres just stupid people that ask questions" 1987

Comment

Working...
                              X