Holden SSV black stripe kit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Holden SSV black stripe kit

the work and money spent is definitely commendable.....just something about them that doesn't work with the car for me. I don't know if its because they just stop in the middle of the hood or what.

Two things though why that statement is worth nothing lol. One, I'm not a fan of stripes and two I have never been a fan of the red/black theme but that's just me.

The car is still awesome and definitely stands out from the crowd with the stripes
    TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

Originally posted by LoJac963
      the work and money spent is definitely commendable.....just something about them that doesn't work with the car for me. I don't know if its because they just stop in the middle of the hood or what.

Two things though why that statement is worth nothing lol. One, I'm not a fan of stripes and two I have never been a fan of the red/black theme but that's just me.

The car is still awesome and definitely stands out from the crowd with the stripes
      If you saw the car in person, or heard it you may have a different opinion. These also aren't the best photo's either. I took them with the sun almost directly over head.
      G6P member 340

G8 GT 334 0f 1st 888
      Pedders Street II suspension. Pedders Strut Tower bar. VMS HSRK, VMS PCM/TCM tune, Forged and Stroked LS3, Garrett Turbo
      Borla Cat back. SLP underdrive pulley. FAST ported 102 intake and TB ported. BMR trailing arms, Circle D 3200 stall converter.
      20 percent tint by Scott's tinting and graphics.

Comment

^no no no, let me stress this.....

the car looks great and kudos to everything you've done!!

stripes just aren't my thing-just my personal opinion
        TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

i like them
          Cold air intake, racingline engine mounts, painted engine cover, tinted tail lights, resonator delete, red and black calipers, Flowmaster 50 series, black upper recessed grills,cobalt ss/tc rims, massive audio nano 800w amp, pioneer A series 460W speakers, pioneer double din touch screen headunit and debadge[color=#FF0000][

My Progression:http://www.g6performance.com/forum/s...;s+progression
          JOIN FOREVERPONTIAC.COM...NOW!!!!!!

Comment

Nice mod Ray. I like it how it is with the stripes ending on the scoops but whatever you think goes best
            2015 Chevy SS, Perfect Blue Metallic, Sunroof, No Spare, M6
            Appearance: Full LED Conversion, 6000L D3S HID Bulbs, Holden Rear and Front Embloms
            Go Stuff: Diablew 93 Octane Tune

Missed and not forgotten. Traded.
            2005 CGM GTO.
            386whp, 364ft-lb torque, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Tuning, K&N Intake, VX Tails, Halo Projectors
            2009 G8 GT SRM Premium Package, 6000K LED + HID Lows, Factory Bluetooth Retrofit, Atari Gauges, Factory iPod Control, 93 Octane Diablew Tune, Vararam Intake, MBR Strut Bar, Corsa Catback, DBA 4000SX Slotted + Drilled Rotors, Hawk Ceramic Pads.

Comment

stripes look wicked good, amazing car.
              2010 F150 XLT SuperCrew

Comment

I saw a dark blue G8 today with those same stripes only they were white. It looked bad ass.

http://www.cardomain.com/id/WS6Racing" Totaly Badged 2006 Red GT Loaded
                Originally posted by [i
                Nancy Reagan[/i]]"Theres no such thing as a stupid question, theres just stupid people that ask questions" 1987

Comment

i think i dig the stripes ray. on the contrary to lojac, i have ALWAYS been a fan of red and black. ur car is sick and i just noticed ur from IN....we need to meet!!
                  sigpic

2004 LS1 A4 Quicksilver w/ Red Interior 1 of 301 -

GO-K&N Intake, Spintech Exhaust, Pacesetter Headers, Catless Mids, Tuned using HPTuners By Rian

Turning and Stopping- Cquence Drilled and Slotted Rotors

Show- SAP Repros in Satin black, fake SAP mod, Tinted tails by Jorge, Satin Black Badges, 35% tint all around, Satin Black painted 17's, Flat Splitter

Electronics- Pioneer AVIC F90BT, JL 500.1 Monoblock Amp, JL 12W3-2, DDMTuning 8k 55watt HID hi/low, All Interior and Cluster LED Swap by Bohnman,

Fully modded G6 GTP-TRADED

Comment

Very Awesome!! Love those stripes!! But I do wish the stripes were a gloss black!!

My Progression---------------------Crimson Crusade---------------------Why Do I Run?
                    Originally posted by wzbhnn
                    We all like different looks, that's why we mod!!

Comment

Looks good so far...

I do think the hood stripes needed to continue on past the scoops though, like this:

Comment

i think the black stripes look DAMN sexy, really makes it stand out from all the other g8s.
                        2008 Black GT Sedan
                        20% front tint, 5% rear, 50% whole windshield/GTR exhaust/blacked out tails/black projectors with HID/crab fenderwall intake/
                        gxp wheels/red calipers/black arrowheads/12" Kenwood subwoofer/MSU license plate bracket and chrome S

Comment

Originally posted by WS6 RACING
                          I saw a dark blue G8 today with those same stripes only they were white. It looked bad ass.
                          Did they ever make the G8 in a midnight blue?? Because if they did, white stripes would look AMAZING on it!!

This color:

My Progression---------------------Crimson Crusade---------------------Why Do I Run?

Comment

Re: Holden SSV black stripe kit (Edit: Pic added)

I like the stripes, they remind me of another great Pontiac- the '69 Trans Am.

I don't know anyting about painting, but can you mask around the stripes and hit them with a coat of clear gloss? Since they are flat, it seems like the clear should stick with out sanding, but maybe clear doesn't stick to vinyl anyway.

Here's a pic of a '69 Trans Am with the stripes beginning at the scoops just like yours:
                            http://www.firebirdgallery.com/1st%20Ge ... 69ta18.jpg

Comment

The paint will definitely stick to the vinyl!! Lots of custom camero's with strips get them cleared on, that way they don't peel off over time!!

Comment

Thank you everyone for your comments. Patiently waiting for May 10th to get the body work done on the deck lid so I can be done with this transformation.
                                G6P member 340

G8 GT 334 0f 1st 888
                                Pedders Street II suspension. Pedders Strut Tower bar. VMS HSRK, VMS PCM/TCM tune, Forged and Stroked LS3, Garrett Turbo
                                Borla Cat back. SLP underdrive pulley. FAST ported 102 intake and TB ported. BMR trailing arms, Circle D 3200 stall converter.
                                20 percent tint by Scott's tinting and graphics.

Comment

Working...
                                X