This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VIN # INFO.

The vehicle identification number (VIN) plate is the legal identifier of the vehicle. The VIN plate is located on the upper LH corner of the Instrument Panel and can be seen through the windshield from the outside of the vehicle:

The VIN is a 17 # secquence of numbers and letters.
    I'll break it down and list each option so you can decode your own VIN.

1) Country of Origin
    1 = U.S.A.

2) Manufacturer
    G = General Motors

3) Make
    2 = Pontiac

4/5) Carline/Series
    Z/F= Pontiac SE,
    Z/G = Pontiac SE1,
    Z/H = Pontiac GT,
    Z/M =Pontiac GTP.

6) Body Style

5 = Sedan, 4-DR, 4-WDO Notch Back ( F69, G69, H69, M69)

1 = Coupe 2-DR (M37, H37)

3 = 2-DR Convertable (M67, H67)

7) Restraint System.
    2 = Active Manual Belts W/Driver and Passenger Inflatable Restraint System Frontal
    2 = Front Airbags only for 2005 model
    4 = Front/Side Airbags for 2005 model
    5 = Front Airbags only with Passenger Airbag suppression for 2006 mode
    6 = Front/seat thorax with Passenger Airbag suppression for 2006 model (convertible only)
    7 = Front/seat thorax/roof rail with Passenger Airbag suppression for 2006 model

8 ) Engine
    B = 2.4L, L4 (LE5 RPO)
    8= 3.5L , V6 (LX9 RPO)
    1 = 3.9L, V6 (LZ9 RPO)

9) Check Digit
    Check Digit

10) Model Year
    5 = 2005
    6 = 2006
    7 = 2007
    (since 2001 Model year GM has gone back to using Numbers for vin year code, previously was alphabetized)

11) Plant Location
    4 = Orion, MI. USA

12-17) Plant Sequence Number
    6 digit Plant Sequence Number

IE: 007245 would be the Seven thousandth, two hundredth, and fourty fifth car built that year. Obviously if you have 000001 You have the first car built from that plant for that model year of that vehicle.
    Colin.
    06 G6 GTP. 6spd.
    92 Sunbird GT, 3200 Hybrid N/A 13.99 @ 95.22mph
    90 Talon TSi -13.76 @ 99.41

Wow... very impressive and much appreciated.. of course I had to run out to the car and check to see what mine was LOL!!!
    Originally posted by Toyz
    Originally posted by simplyred
    what do you guys think about switching up the teams again?!
    As long as i dont have to catch, i am all for it!

Comment

LOL I ran outside also, 216 thousandth car built?? First I thought holy shit there's that many coupes out there but then I thought about it and its G6's total isn't it??
      TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

mine was 114th
        Originally posted by Toyz
        Originally posted by simplyred
        what do you guys think about switching up the teams again?!
        As long as i dont have to catch, i am all for it!

Comment

141009 Guess my GTP isn't so special after all
          "The Milwaukee Mile 5"

Comment

dude i never knew they even made that many g6s
            2005 G6 V6 in granite metallic, Kenwood DDX6019 touch screen DVD radio, 2 12" Kicker Solo-Baric L7s, Dynamat, Orion 2400 amp, Power Acoustik 4F cap, XBOX 360, Chrome window trim, Quicklift kit

Comment

Well I guess its not sooo bad lol
              TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

202834 Damn thats alot of G6's out there and why cant we get 10 people for a CF hood? Go figure.

L8R,
                Sterling
                2006 G6 GT Black 4 Door. Remote Start, Black Heated Leather, Three Spoke Wheel w/ cruise and Radio Controls,RED calipers by DupliColor, 27% Tint,Vent Visors, Hood Lift Kit, Nokya Artic White H/L Bulbs. 2 10" Infinity Subs w/960RMS Amp.
                http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/slrkappa/ ... EBJMLIV8fX
                USMC F18 Jet Mechanic.

Comment

Cause I'm a broke bastard! LOL
                  "The Milwaukee Mile 5"

Comment

hell I'm in up over my head in school debt and other debts but screw it, the hood is going on my paypal buy credit, woot.

Comment

ours is 220494. I think I'm missing some specs on the restraint system. I'll have to check and update that.
                      Colin.
                      06 G6 GTP. 6spd.
                      92 Sunbird GT, 3200 Hybrid N/A 13.99 @ 95.22mph
                      90 Talon TSi -13.76 @ 99.41

Comment

Thats why we all must mod, make those numbers go away and be NUMBER 1 in your city!!

Comment

2006 = 155,207 car built.

Does any know where you can go get a build sheet based off your vin#?
                          2006 G6 Sedan
                          Stealth Gray Metallic
                          20% Tint, Moonroof, Remote Start, 6 Disc CD, Power petals, Spoiler, Polk Audio Db5250 5.25" Front doors w/tweeters, Polk Audio Db690 6x9" Rear Deck Speakers

Comment

Originally posted by G62006
                            2006 = 155,207 car built.

That would be very valuable information, I know one member had his VIN pulled up at a dealership parts counter but I don't think they gave him any sort of print up.

Comment

Originally posted by G62006
                              i know im digging up the past but if the build sheet you want is all the rpo codes i can get you that if you want just pm me your vin and i can send it to you or ask your dealer they can get you one too

Remember if "the" and "and" are spelled right its not a genuine Ahuhn post

Dear God, please send clothes to all those poor ladies in Daddy's computer. Amen.
                              Originally posted by snowmanG6
                              you would try to tape a poptart to her then give her a bag a skittles and tell her to fart a rainbow

Comment

Working...
                              X