No announcement yet.

Opinions on Dressing Up My Interior...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Opinions on Dressing Up My Interior...

No I'm sure they would do it too. You can prep the pieces yourself to bring the cost down.
    http://www.cardomain.com/id/MidnightLS

"Peace, Love, Speed"

Comment

^the solvents in auto spray will most than likely wrinkle the rattle can paint underneath FYI

you CAN buy clear coat automotive grade in a can, you pop the bottom and the harnener mixes inside-the pot life is usually 24 hours. It works decent and is compatible with rattle can paints, its usually around 20-30 a can though
      TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

I think i might try the stone paint look, it's so different it's cool
        2006 "Silver Bullet" V6 Sedan
        Mods = Lots HaHa

Comment

Seeing how you had the cracking problem...I just did mine and the paint was fine and I sprayed the clear and walked away from my garage and came back and their was cracking on a few spots. Any suggestions on what to do now?
          Finished Mods: 15% window tint, Spyder headlights, Custom Interior Paint, CRABS CAI w/FPU, MPD Hood(Color Matched), Front Bumper Chrome painted Flat Black, Carbon Fiber badge overlays.

Future Mods: Lowering Springs, MMI's, Strut Bar, GT-R Exhaust, 93 Octane Tune, MPD Spoiler, Rims & Tires(TBD)

Comment

what paint and clear did you use? If you have wrinkling or cracking after spraying the clear you must have used incompatible paint/clear coat.
            TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

Originally posted by LoJac963 View Post
              what paint and clear did you use? If you have wrinkling or cracking after spraying the clear you must have used incompatible paint/clear coat.
              I used paint that is the exact match for my car from automotivetouchup.com. I have Krylon Fusion but I wanted the interiors to match the exteriors. The clear coat I used was Krylon Acrylic Crystal Clear. It only cracked on certain spots and it was getting cold(low 60's & high 50's) when I was painting them.
              Finished Mods: 15% window tint, Spyder headlights, Custom Interior Paint, CRABS CAI w/FPU, MPD Hood(Color Matched), Front Bumper Chrome painted Flat Black, Carbon Fiber badge overlays.

Future Mods: Lowering Springs, MMI's, Strut Bar, GT-R Exhaust, 93 Octane Tune, MPD Spoiler, Rims & Tires(TBD)

Comment

I always use duplicolor paint and clear coat and never have a problem .. try using them ...

Comment

Working...
                X