No announcement yet.

Opinions on Dressing Up My Interior...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Opinions on Dressing Up My Interior...

Anyone have a good how to for painting the trim?
    2006 "Silver Bullet" V6 Sedan
    Mods = Lots HaHa

Comment

Originally posted by KoolG6
      Anyone have a good how to for painting the trim?
      all you need to do is scuff the stock parts, primer, base coat, clear coat and you're golden!
      TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

what sandpaper should i use?
        Mods = Lots HaHa

Comment

I actually just use 3M scuff pads, I don't use sandpaper-they're much easier to use and scuff things quickly. They just lightly scuff the surface to prepare it for painting. Its up to you if you want to go that route or use paper to sand down the surface
          TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

did all the parts tonight with 120 grit, surface is ruffed up just right. Sprayed one already with one thin coat of primer and with the 2 coats of primer and paint it be smooooooth hopefully.... Then hittin it with 3 coats of clear. Using krylon fusion gloss black paint and krylon clear.
            Mods = Lots HaHa

Comment

got some orange peel after i was done, looks good but you can see the ripling effect so wetsand with 2000, then buff? what should i use to buff them?
              Mods = Lots HaHa

Comment

Help me lol
                Mods = Lots HaHa

Comment

Originally posted by countrystrong
                  I'm sorry, maybe I'm going through a phase but the painted plastics on the inside seem rice-ish to me lately. Don't get me wrong some look great!!!

Lately I have been favoring the carbon fiber overlays

since you have a silver/black thing going on I feel this would look good ( carbon fiber that is)

http://www.cardomain.com/id/WS6Racing" Totaly Badged 2006 Red GT Loaded
                  Originally posted by [i
                  Nancy Reagan[/i]]"Theres no such thing as a stupid question, theres just stupid people that ask questions" 1987

Comment

Originally posted by KoolG6
                    did all the parts tonight with 120 grit, surface is ruffed up just right. Sprayed one already with one thin coat of primer and with the 2 coats of primer and paint it be smooooooth hopefully.... Then hittin it with 3 coats of clear. Using krylon fusion gloss black paint and krylon clear.
                    HOLY CRAP!!!!

120 grit IMO is way too rough, all you need to do is stuff the surface. 320 would be fine but I still wouldn't go that rough. I just painted my metra kit for my new HU install in the goat. Started with 320 then wet sanded with 800 then painted

Comment

all I had at the time and it actually wasn't that ruff for 120 I felt anyway, just cheapo dollarama stuff lol. Did a good qucik job of ruffing it up. It wasn't all that bad actually. When I was done prep, the peices were silky smooth. Had a lot of trouble and had to redo evertything like 5 times lol paint not drying well, cracking while it was drying etc... Had to strip em down bare basically and they look pretty decent now..... I am using krylon and can't find a damn clear that will work right.... The acrylic clear coat from krylon was drying blotchy and light spots all over no matter what...

The paint is drying now, it looks good so far.... Just need to find a clear that will work good.

Mods = Lots HaHa

Comment

If your car is silver, a high gloss black will look real sharp. Tint the windows too to set the theme. If your calipers aren't painted yet, get them painted in high gloss black.
                        http://www.cardomain.com/id/MidnightLS

"Peace, Love, Speed"

Comment

Looks good! Glad you did it that way!

Comment

nice job, cant wait to see it installed

Originally posted by [i
                            Nancy Reagan[/i]]"Theres no such thing as a stupid question, theres just stupid people that ask questions" 1987

Comment

seems like a few spots is lighter then others but you can only see it under certain light and certain angles, it's hard to tell.... I just need to clear them and can't find a clear to work....
                              Mods = Lots HaHa

Comment

What if you ran them to an auto paint shop and had them clear sprayed, i wouldnt think it would cost much

Originally posted by [i

Comment

Working...
                                X