American Racing headers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• American Racing headers

An LS motor responds to headers very well. There are several brands available now, but last year American Racing headers was the name of the game.
    $1750 got me the headers, and the mid pipes all the way back to the mufflers.
    1 7/8" primaries with collector spikes. 2 1/2" after that with an X pipe. There is a really sweet spot in sound around 2500 rpm's.
    Installing was pretty simple, since I have access to a lift. The only difficult part was the dip stick tube which gets a spacer. I didn't get instructions with my set, so the secret to that was missing.
    Here's the old stuff and you can see where the major bottleneck is looking at the cats.

Out of the box this is what replaced the old.

Here's my buddy Jeff wrenchin.

Here's a decent view of the collector spike.

High flow cats, even though there is no inspections here.

O2 sensor extension.

Final view front underneath.

Last, a look front up top.
    G6P member 340

G8 GT 334 0f 1st 888
    Pedders Street II suspension. Pedders Strut Tower bar. VMS HSRK, VMS PCM/TCM tune, Forged and Stroked LS3, Garrett Turbo
    Borla Cat back. SLP underdrive pulley. FAST ported 102 intake and TB ported. BMR trailing arms, Circle D 3200 stall converter.
    20 percent tint by Scott's tinting and graphics.

Re: American Racing headers

sigpic

2004 LS1 A4 Quicksilver w/ Red Interior 1 of 301 -

GO-K&N Intake, Spintech Exhaust, Pacesetter Headers, Catless Mids, Tuned using HPTuners By Rian

Turning and Stopping- Cquence Drilled and Slotted Rotors

Show- SAP Repros in Satin black, fake SAP mod, Tinted tails by Jorge, Satin Black Badges, 35% tint all around, Satin Black painted 17's, Flat Splitter

Electronics- Pioneer AVIC F90BT, JL 500.1 Monoblock Amp, JL 12W3-2, DDMTuning 8k 55watt HID hi/low, All Interior and Cluster LED Swap by Bohnman,

Fully modded G6 GTP-TRADED

Comment

ready to review....
      Please consider supporting G6P -Tap here

MODS:
      Crab Intakes CAB, MPD Ram Air hood, Custom exhaust,
      WAMS High Performance Tune and a whole lot more....

Comment

............... My cardomain page ................. My facebook page ...............

Comment

lets hear it
          2006 Pontiac G6 V6-Too many mods-Traded In(RIP 2006-2010)
          2008 G8 GT-TSP Forged LS3-Procharger-219/231 RCR Cam-TSP Ported L92's-Squash-Kooks-Solo 3in-SS Wheels and Brakes-Demon8-BMR-BC Racing Coilovers-Custom Earls Tranny Cooler
          613/543 @11.5psi Old Numbers
          11.6 at 123. 1.92 60ft
          New numbers coming soon........

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by ElecBlueG6GT
              This post reserved for review and pics of my American Racing and exhaust system.
              Why dont you just wait.....um....until you get them and install them to....idk.....make a thread?

Comment

Trash this crap.

750WHP Magnacharged GTO.....WTF!
                TVS2300 GTO, Innovators West 8" Overdrive Pulley, ECS Tensioner, SD tuned by Andrew at Complete street performance, Ed Curtis custom Lunati camshaft 230/236 .6XX/.6XX 113 LSA, Hardened Pushrods, Lunati .675 lift Valve Springs, Single Walbro 255 fuel pump in stock bucket, Kooks 1 7/8 Jet hot coated Headers , Kooks 3" catless mid pipes with DMH low pro electric cutouts, Spintech 2.5" stainless steel exhaust with X pipe, Carbon fiber Cold air box with AEM air filter, Billet products short shifter, JamesBiz Oil catch can, Pedders 5/16" raise springs with drag bags, Weld RTS Black with Hoosiers
                Show
                -20% tint
                -bohaman AUX-in radio mod
                -Professionally heated seats

Comment

hmm pointless
                  Mods: Intake resonator removed GTR Exhaust 30% Tint Front 15% Back Crab Intake WAMS 93 octane tune RLP street motor mounts, Debaged, Destriped, and Dashhawk. Infinity Kappa door speakers, Kicker cvx 12, Pioneer AVH-3200 BT Deck, Kicker 700.5 amp

Comment

Now you can edit your posts.
                    G6P member 340

G8 GT 334 0f 1st 888
                    Pedders Street II suspension. Pedders Strut Tower bar. VMS HSRK, VMS PCM/TCM tune, Forged and Stroked LS3, Garrett Turbo
                    Borla Cat back. SLP underdrive pulley. FAST ported 102 intake and TB ported. BMR trailing arms, Circle D 3200 stall converter.

Comment

Originally posted by hnda8n
                      This post reserved for review and pics of my American Racing and exhaust system.
                      Why dont you just wait.....um....until you get them and install them to....idk.....make a thread?
                      Dude, look at my sig. LMAO.
                      G6P member 340

G8 GT 334 0f 1st 888

Comment

those look killer. we need vids!
                        ............... My cardomain page ................. My facebook page ...............

Comment

Originally posted by hnda8n
                          Dude, look at my sig. LMAO.
                          I still dont see the point of you "reserving" this thread, when you can obviously just make a new thread whenever

Btw, great looking headers mang....vids please.

Comment

headers look sick. vid please.
                            sigpic

2004 LS1 A4 Quicksilver w/ Red Interior 1 of 301 -

GO-K&N Intake, Spintech Exhaust, Pacesetter Headers, Catless Mids, Tuned using HPTuners By Rian

Turning and Stopping- Cquence Drilled and Slotted Rotors

Show- SAP Repros in Satin black, fake SAP mod, Tinted tails by Jorge, Satin Black Badges, 35% tint all around, Satin Black painted 17's, Flat Splitter

Electronics- Pioneer AVIC F90BT, JL 500.1 Monoblock Amp, JL 12W3-2, DDMTuning 8k 55watt HID hi/low, All Interior and Cluster LED Swap by Bohnman,

Fully modded G6 GTP-TRADED

Comment

looks awesome need to hear what it sounds like!
                              Mods: Intake resonator removed GTR Exhaust 30% Tint Front 15% Back Crab Intake WAMS 93 octane tune RLP street motor mounts, Debaged, Destriped, and Dashhawk. Infinity Kappa door speakers, Kicker cvx 12, Pioneer AVH-3200 BT Deck, Kicker 700.5 amp

Comment

Working...
                              X