Surging Throttle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Surging Throttle

I've had my 06 G6 GT for a little over a year now and since I've had it I've had a problem with surging throttle. It only happens once the car is warmed up, as I'm coming down to idle. It's as if the throttle is sticking when it's warm and trying to come down. I've taken it to five dealerships and none of them have found anything wrong with it. It happens worst when I'm slowing down from 45 to around 35. I've taken my throttle body off and cleaned it but that didn't fix it. Anybody have an idea what could cause that? I'll put a video on of my tach when I get a chance.

Re: Surging Throttle

has your car been hanging out with toyotas recently?

seriously id love to see the youtube of the tac

Remember if "the" and "and" are spelled right its not a genuine Ahuhn post

Dear God, please send clothes to all those poor ladies in Daddy's computer. Amen.
    Originally posted by snowmanG6
    you would try to tape a poptart to her then give her a bag a skittles and tell her to fart a rainbow

Comment

My gas pedal has been hanging out with the Toyota gas pedals. It's still got that problem where it sticks slightly, but no surges. I haven't taken it in yet. They will probably laugh at me because of what's going on with Toyota.

Comment

It's a low quality cell phone video but here it is. [youtube:3l8kr0g0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJ6VuplBedY[/youtube:3l8kr0g0]

Comment

your car is cammed

i honestly have no clue.

G6 - 240sx - Lancer - 325is - WRX

Comment

Is the gauge the only evidence of this or do you actually hear it in the engine?
            2009 PONTIAC G8
            MAGNETIC GRAY METALLIC

Comment

You feel it more than anything. The car moves just like that tach.

Comment

I'm no expert but my instincts are fouled PCM or ECM.
                2009 PONTIAC G8
                MAGNETIC GRAY METALLIC

Comment

I'm thinking faulty throttle body.

G6 - 240sx - Lancer - 325is - WRX

Comment

bad throttle body possible

could be a sensor somewhere giving the ecm the wrong data making it do weird stuff

Dear God, please send clothes to all those poor ladies in Daddy's computer. Amen.
                    you would try to tape a poptart to her then give her a bag a skittles and tell her to fart a rainbow

Comment

If it's a sensor it's not setting off any codes. I was thinking throttle body too. I just don't get why it only does it when it's warmed up

Comment

Surging throttle can be a vacum leak, an intake leak, or a Throttle postion sensor gone bad
                        2006 Pontiac G6 GT 3.5L... Orange... Pioneer AVIC-D3 Navigation ... Pioneer Bluetooth... XM Navtraffic... Rear View Camera...Solstice Wheels... Debadged the trunk lid and GM badges... 25% tint on the front... 15% tint on the rest of the windows

Comment

Originally posted by Ceboyer06
                          Surging throttle can be a vacum leak, an intake leak, or a Throttle postion sensor gone bad
                          Vacum leak or intake leak can be easy to narrow down. With the engine on and plastic engine cover off, spray the lines and TB with carb cleaner. If you hear the RPMs jump up there is a leak and can narrow it down that way.

if it was sensor I would think a CEL would be thrown in a second.

My guess is the throttle body motor maybe hanging up and getting stuck. So my guess is a bad throttle body motor. Might not do it as when cold most electronics can still work but once warmed up mionor short or somthing that shows up then.

I cant remeber or find on a search but a memeber about a year ago I belive said they had a new G6 and throttle body was bad. Think theres was hanging up too but was at high RPMs. Cant completely remember nor remember what size engine it was on.
                          2006 G6 GTP: Traded

2013 Mustang GT
                          Gotta have it Green color
                          Brembo brake package
                          420 HP 5.0L
                          Ford Racing Power Pack
                          GT500 track pack differential cover
                          BOSS 302 oil cooler, JLT oil separator

Comment

Originally posted by dre256

if it was sensor I would think a CEL would be thrown in a second.

not always. if could be a sensor sending valid information but incorect info

for instance if its a mass air flow sensor it could be saying theres 100liters of air going through and that could be a good number and the pcm doesnt find it strange but there might actually be 115 liters of air going to the engine.

when thats the case it gets tricky to figure out

Comment

Very good point, And if its off just a little bit on caliberation and still in tolerences the PCM doesnt know any better. I can see that would be a trouble shooting nightmare.
                              2006 G6 GTP: Traded

2013 Mustang GT
                              Gotta have it Green color
                              Brembo brake package
                              420 HP 5.0L
                              Ford Racing Power Pack
                              GT500 track pack differential cover
                              BOSS 302 oil cooler, JLT oil separator

Comment

Working...
                              X