ANOTHER G6 DOWN! Car is totaled...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ANOTHER G6 DOWN! Car is totaled...

SO last saturday i was on my way home from work driving my usual route. It was the first nice, sunny, snow free day Denver has seen for awhile. I was enjoying my drive untill i wrecked into the back of an audi a4....

This guy figured he could pull an illigal U-turn before i made it down the road to where he was creeping around another street. Well he diffinately didnt. I smashed into the back of him doing about 45-50 and lifted his car onto my hood. Thanks to my momemtum i carried him about 20 feet where he hit a bump and tossed his car off my hood onto the parralel sidewalk. My windows shattered and airbag went off. I skid into the oncoming traffic(over a tall mediam may i add) and finally stopped. I got out and my car was messed up!!

It was smoking, the wheels where tucked into my wheel wells fairly far and my engine block was cracked along with my snapped steering column. Plus my steering wheel airbag deployed and curtain airbag too.

I stopped 4 lanes of traffic for 2 hours. To say the least, i wasnt loved in my hometown after hahaha.

All in all, my 6 is gone. Looking at 350Z's right now to replace.

the pix i have dont do the accident justice! My front bumber popped back out when the towing guy picked up my car. When i looked into the grill after, my engine was pushed back about 18 inches from the bumper. UGH!

heres me stopping traffic

heres the pic that does no justice to the damages.

hers the airbag that punched me in the chest and gave me whiplash lol..

Re: ANOTHER G6 DOWN! Car is totaled...

damn man that sucks.

G6 - 240sx - Lancer - 325is - WRX

Comment

Holy sheeeeeeeeet! Just wiplash? Damn lucky fine sir. That could have been worse.
      2015 Chevy SS, Perfect Blue Metallic, Sunroof, No Spare, M6
      Appearance: Full LED Conversion, 6000L D3S HID Bulbs, Holden Rear and Front Embloms
      Go Stuff: Diablew 93 Octane Tune

Missed and not forgotten. Traded.
      2005 CGM GTO.
      386whp, 364ft-lb torque, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Tuning, K&N Intake, VX Tails, Halo Projectors
      2009 G8 GT SRM Premium Package, 6000K LED + HID Lows, Factory Bluetooth Retrofit, Atari Gauges, Factory iPod Control, 93 Octane Diablew Tune, Vararam Intake, MBR Strut Bar, Corsa Catback, DBA 4000SX Slotted + Drilled Rotors, Hawk Ceramic Pads.

Comment

Tell me about it, i should have taken your advice and not made my g6 into a "race car" hahaha.

i wasnt racing for the record. Just driving home.

Comment

Damn man that suckss. Glad to hear you weren't injured too bad though.

Comment

holy shit glad ur ok? and to the audi driver.

and boo to 350Z!! glad ur okay bud.
            sigpic

2004 LS1 A4 Quicksilver w/ Red Interior 1 of 301 -

GO-K&N Intake, Spintech Exhaust, Pacesetter Headers, Catless Mids, Tuned using HPTuners By Rian

Turning and Stopping- Cquence Drilled and Slotted Rotors

Show- SAP Repros in Satin black, fake SAP mod, Tinted tails by Jorge, Satin Black Badges, 35% tint all around, Satin Black painted 17's, Flat Splitter

Electronics- Pioneer AVIC F90BT, JL 500.1 Monoblock Amp, JL 12W3-2, DDMTuning 8k 55watt HID hi/low, All Interior and Cluster LED Swap by Bohnman,

Fully modded G6 GTP-TRADED

Comment

Glad to hear you're fine. Those air bags do help in a big way. Good luck with the new car. Was the other guy charged, hurt? Have you been charged with an offence? Hopefully not as it seems he was the one at fault.
              Mods: Lampoon's crabs under my hood (CAB and FPU w/K&N)
              Partial debadging, blackout window chrome and black overlays; Racingline FSB;
              Redline Elite Quick Lifts; HSRK; intake resonator delete

Comment

Im not at fault, today im calling both insurance companies to have them cut me a check. The audi driver got a huge ticket too.

Last tuesday i got a call and my adjuster said it was $11,900 worth in damages then proceeded to laugh and say "YUP THAT CAR IZ TOTALED!"

She said no way to fix, my frame isnt bent but snapped. She didnt say where...

Im not 21 yet, so im walking everywhere. 7 miles to get home from work yesterday sucks!! Another topic im gonna call insurance about is a rental car cuz its fkn cold here in colorado.

Comment

Originally posted by ThatAttGuy
                  Im not at fault, today im calling both insurance companies to have them cut me a check. The audi driver got a huge ticket too.

Last tuesday i got a call and my adjuster said it was $11,900 worth in damages then proceeded to laugh and say "YUP THAT CAR IZ TOTALED!"

She said no way to fix, my frame isnt bent but snapped. She didnt say where...

Im not 21 yet, so im walking everywhere. 7 miles to get home from work yesterday sucks!! Another topic im gonna call insurance about is a rental car cuz its fkn cold here in colorado.
                  DAMN! any parental vehicle to be used or anything? carpool?
                  sigpic

2004 LS1 A4 Quicksilver w/ Red Interior 1 of 301 -

GO-K&N Intake, Spintech Exhaust, Pacesetter Headers, Catless Mids, Tuned using HPTuners By Rian

Turning and Stopping- Cquence Drilled and Slotted Rotors

Show- SAP Repros in Satin black, fake SAP mod, Tinted tails by Jorge, Satin Black Badges, 35% tint all around, Satin Black painted 17's, Flat Splitter

Electronics- Pioneer AVIC F90BT, JL 500.1 Monoblock Amp, JL 12W3-2, DDMTuning 8k 55watt HID hi/low, All Interior and Cluster LED Swap by Bohnman,

Fully modded G6 GTP-TRADED

Comment

when i got backed into enterprise gave me a rental car and i'm 18. had to sign my life away to get it though

Comment

Originally posted by zlatsky
                      when i got backed into enterprise gave me a rental car and i'm 18. had to sign my life away to get it though
                      Interesting. Up here you have to be 25. When my sister has gotten into accidents, (many) luckily my Mom's listed on the car's insurance and title as well, and we would do the rental in her name.
                      2015 Chevy SS, Perfect Blue Metallic, Sunroof, No Spare, M6
                      Appearance: Full LED Conversion, 6000L D3S HID Bulbs, Holden Rear and Front Embloms
                      Go Stuff: Diablew 93 Octane Tune

Missed and not forgotten. Traded.
                      2005 CGM GTO.
                      386whp, 364ft-lb torque, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Tuning, K&N Intake, VX Tails, Halo Projectors
                      2009 G8 GT SRM Premium Package, 6000K LED + HID Lows, Factory Bluetooth Retrofit, Atari Gauges, Factory iPod Control, 93 Octane Diablew Tune, Vararam Intake, MBR Strut Bar, Corsa Catback, DBA 4000SX Slotted + Drilled Rotors, Hawk Ceramic Pads.

Comment

Originally posted by WoodburyMan
                        Originally posted by zlatsky
                        Interesting. Up here you have to be 25. When my sister has gotten into accidents, (many) luckily my Mom's listed on the car's insurance and title as well, and we would do the rental in her name.
                        WBM, I bet it's a safe assumption that your sister hasn't taken your GTO out for a spin (at least with your permission).
                        Mods: Lampoon's crabs under my hood (CAB and FPU w/K&N)
                        Partial debadging, blackout window chrome and black overlays; Racingline FSB;
                        Redline Elite Quick Lifts; HSRK; intake resonator delete

Comment

Yeah I am 18 too. You have to be 25 to rent a car here as well and in florida. You guys get to do it when ur 21? Lucky....

Comment

awww dude that sucks noooooo!!!!!!!!!
                            Cold air intake, racingline engine mounts, painted engine cover, tinted tail lights, resonator delete, red and black calipers, Flowmaster 50 series, black upper recessed grills,cobalt ss/tc rims, massive audio nano 800w amp, pioneer A series 460W speakers, pioneer double din touch screen headunit and debadge[color=#FF0000][

My Progression:http://www.g6performance.com/forum/s...;s+progression
                            JOIN FOREVERPONTIAC.COM...NOW!!!!!!

Comment

are you guys sure on the really high age limit? enterprise said they wouldn't do it unless it's directly through an insurance claim.

Comment

Working...
                              X