Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HELP! Just got my WAMS tune... And it doesn't work!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP! Just got my WAMS tune... And it doesn't work!!

So, here's the deal. I ordered my WAMS tune like 2 weeks ago, and it was supposedly going to be a month till I get the tune. Well, apparently, that wasn't the case.
    The tune shipped today so I am asking a few questions to the people that already have tunes:
    First of all, I haven't gotten my exhaust pipes and everything installed yet, probably wont for another 2 weeks.
    I have my cold air intake installed, and that was the only mod I had to list on there.

Question One-
    Should I wait to install the tune until after I get the pipes done, or would it be okay do to it after my next gas tank refill?

Question Two-
    For those of you who have gotten a tune from Chris, how big of a difference is there between stock and the new tune? Obviously, it's better with the tune, but can anyone describe it?

Question Three-
    MPG difference? Up or down? I got the 93 octane tune.

Thanks for the input from anyone who posts!
    The sultan of spin, a wizard of the arts of speech and text.
    Making people rage since '05

Re: About to get my WAMS Tune...

someone correct me if i am wrong but shouldnt he listed his future installment of an exhaust!?!?!?!?
    Custom Flowmaster Exhaust- CRAB Heat Shield- Tiger Ram- Painted Cals- Painted Grills- Eibach ProKit- Racingline S/B- Racingline G/K- Injen Air Intake- Spyder Headlights w/ DDM 5000k Lows- DDM 5000k Fogs- Plasti-Dip Solstice Wheels w/ 5mm Spacers/ Painted- Painted Intake Manifold- Hood Spacers- RotorPros Front/ Rear D/S Rotors- BMD-P Fr. Endlinks- BMD-P SS Brake Lines...

Progression:
    http://www.g6performance.com/forum/s...ad.php?t=18485

Comment

Originally posted by JGP21
      someone correct me if i am wrong but shouldnt he listed his future installment of an exhaust!?!?!?!?
      Nah, I talked to Chris about it before hand, lol.

Comment

I have the 93 octane tune I didnt notice any difference in mpg but you can really tell there is a performance gain I noticed the higher shift points right away deffinately worth the money just wish it would have deleted the speed limiter

Comment

Originally posted by Widgetworks
          Originally posted by JGP21
          Nah, I talked to Chris about it before hand, lol.
          Custom Flowmaster Exhaust- CRAB Heat Shield- Tiger Ram- Painted Cals- Painted Grills- Eibach ProKit- Racingline S/B- Racingline G/K- Injen Air Intake- Spyder Headlights w/ DDM 5000k Lows- DDM 5000k Fogs- Plasti-Dip Solstice Wheels w/ 5mm Spacers/ Painted- Painted Intake Manifold- Hood Spacers- RotorPros Front/ Rear D/S Rotors- BMD-P Fr. Endlinks- BMD-P SS Brake Lines...

Progression:

Comment

Originally posted by gt08
            ... just wish it would have deleted the speed limiter

Wait what??? I thought it did?

Comment

i guess not!

Progression:

Comment

Originally posted by markpetersonii

It does, all I ask is a picture of speed rated tires on your 6er so that you CAN go that fast and I'm not liable when you have a blowout and kill yourself
                Chris White
                http://www.GTOShiftLight.com
                2006 Spice Red GTO - Stock
                2012 CTS-V 1 of 57 Custom IPC/BCM/Radio Corsa/LPE CAI
                2012 Cherokee SRT8 - Stockish
                2013 SRX - Custom IPC, BCM and CUE
                2013 XTS Platinum - Custom IPC

Comment

Originally posted by GTPprix

It does, all I ask is a picture of speed rated tires on your 6er so that you CAN go that fast and I'm not liable when you have a blowout and kill yourself
                  this has been talked about before too. i would imagine almost everyone here would feel pretty crappy if they deleted someones limiter and the next day that person suffered a fatal accident at 140 mph cuz their tires were crap
                  sigpic

2004 LS1 A4 Quicksilver w/ Red Interior 1 of 301 -

GO-K&N Intake, Spintech Exhaust, Pacesetter Headers, Catless Mids, Tuned using HPTuners By Rian

Turning and Stopping- Cquence Drilled and Slotted Rotors

Show- SAP Repros in Satin black, fake SAP mod, Tinted tails by Jorge, Satin Black Badges, 35% tint all around, Satin Black painted 17's, Flat Splitter

Electronics- Pioneer AVIC F90BT, JL 500.1 Monoblock Amp, JL 12W3-2, DDMTuning 8k 55watt HID hi/low, All Interior and Cluster LED Swap by Bohnman,

Fully modded G6 GTP-TRADED

Comment

i love mine. quicker launch. higher rpm shift points. deeper tone. more responsive, fuel economy yes but only on the highway when you keep your foot out of it.
                    2006 Pontiac G6 V6-Too many mods-Traded In(RIP 2006-2010)
                    2008 G8 GT-TSP Forged LS3-Procharger-219/231 RCR Cam-TSP Ported L92's-Squash-Kooks-Solo 3in-SS Wheels and Brakes-Demon8-BMR-BC Racing Coilovers-Custom Earls Tranny Cooler
                    613/543 @11.5psi Old Numbers
                    11.6 at 123. 1.92 60ft
                    New numbers coming soon........

Comment

Originally posted by GTPprix

Stock governer is 130 correct?

Comment

Originally posted by Widgetworks
                        Stock governer is 130 correct?
                        No, it's like 118 or so. The speed rating on the Goodyear LS-2's is T rated I believe. At least that's what mine was. Glad I got those Y rated tires so I could

And you feel it in the shifts, peepier. I can't remember the "before" but I do remember how it changed. I get about 1 MPG better now and that's still with driving it harder now

'08 G8 GT... 1 7/8" Kooks Blue Ceramic Coated Long tube Headers... 3" Xpipe...Magnaflow axle backs...Rotofab CAI...Heater hose relocate. Ported throttle body, intake manifold, Custom grind cam 227/237 .620/.604 LSA 113 +3, Circle D 3200 stall, 3.45 rear gear,Tuned by Redline
                        Dyno 438 WHP 415 WTQ

'15 Chevy SS Some Like It Hot Red Holden Grill & trunk badge... Solo performance axle backs... Rotofab Intake, Mobile attractions front splitter

Comment

I wasn't told about that...

I have Eagle GT's, Z rated for 149+

I'm not really concerned about the shifts, I always use my tapshift.
                          I'm mostly looking for the engine to wake up a bit.

Comment

140+ in the 6........

definitely would have to be either a straight road with plenty of distance or hopped up suspension like a SOB
                            TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

I think it really depends on the speed rating of your tires, in this case.....

I know if I purchased the item with the 215/60 r16's, he wouldn't have deleted it, just cause he's smart and doesn't want me to drive over the speed rating of my tires..... and wouldn't you know, the more I read this thread, he actually replied with my answer.

my top speed is at 110, that's it....
                              "I put the Giggity into Each and Every Thread"

2009 Performance Red Metallic G6, Progression Page

Comment

Working...
                              X