Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HELP! Just got my WAMS tune... And it doesn't work!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: About to get my WAMS Tune...

Originally posted by stevey722
    nope it will be fine
    Cool, thanks man.
    I gotta drain it down more so I can get all the Seafoam out of the tank though.
    The sultan of spin, a wizard of the arts of speech and text.
    Making people rage since '05

Comment

nope it will be fine
      the lowest recommended octane for most if not ALL is 87, if you were to switch to anything above that should be fine.

Originally posted by BAMBAMM
      I'm about the best wingman in the San Joaquin Valley...........I'm the guy that will hit on the ugly friend, so you can swoop in and bag the hottie friend.

Comment

Originally posted by 1BADG6GT
        nope it will be fine
        the lowest recommended octane for most if not ALL is 87, if you were to switch to anything above that should be fine.
        I already use 89 in it right now without a tune.
        My tune is for 93 so I was going to fill up with that next since my tune is supposedly shipped.

EDIT: Found it.

EDIT: sorry, I keep saying 87 when I mean 89.

Comment

All is well.
          Got the module today!

Time to put it in!

Comment

Thats sick! Im ready to order mine just waiting for my question to be answered about the ecm. Cause i found one for 40 bucks wish is less that the 125 on there.
            My Progress thread
            http://www.g6performance.com/forum/s...282#post429282

Comment

Can't figure out how to get this old PCM out though, can't find a tut on it either...

Anyone able to help?

Comment

Re: HELP! Just got my WAMS tune... Can't find a How-To.

Go to the vendor section look up chris thread and on the bottom lampoon wrote a how to.
                My Progress thread
                http://www.g6performance.com/forum/s...282#post429282

Comment

pull up on the red tabs press the black part in the middles of the connectors then pull up on the silver, blue and what ever color handle thingy to get it out
                  Mods: Intake resonator removed GTR Exhaust 30% Tint Front 15% Back Crab Intake WAMS 93 octane tune RLP street motor mounts, Debaged, Destriped, and Dashhawk. Infinity Kappa door speakers, Kicker cvx 12, Pioneer AVH-3200 BT Deck, Kicker 700.5 amp

Comment

Alright, so I figured it out. My shit looks different apparently, so I finally figured out how to get the black clips off.

I am currently doing a key relearn but my DIC is saying "Reduced Engine Power," "Engine Disabled."
                    I'm assuming that's the smart key doing it's job, not turning on with a correct key.

On the second turn right now.

Comment

searched "ECM remove"

result number one
                      viewtopic.php?f=29&t=1890&hilit=ecm+remove
                      sigpic

2004 LS1 A4 Quicksilver w/ Red Interior 1 of 301 -

GO-K&N Intake, Spintech Exhaust, Pacesetter Headers, Catless Mids, Tuned using HPTuners By Rian

Turning and Stopping- Cquence Drilled and Slotted Rotors

Show- SAP Repros in Satin black, fake SAP mod, Tinted tails by Jorge, Satin Black Badges, 35% tint all around, Satin Black painted 17's, Flat Splitter

Electronics- Pioneer AVIC F90BT, JL 500.1 Monoblock Amp, JL 12W3-2, DDMTuning 8k 55watt HID hi/low, All Interior and Cluster LED Swap by Bohnman,

Fully modded G6 GTP-TRADED

Comment

Re: HELP! Just got my WAMS tune... And it doesn't work!!

UPDATE: Put the tune in, did the key relearn, and it still doesn't start

I'm not doing anything wrong, I put the stocker back in and it runs fine.
                        With the tuned PCM, the engine doesn't even fire to start.

Something else I am missing or is this just a bunk tune?

Comment

Originally posted by Widgetworks
                          UPDATE: Put the tune in, did the key relearn, and it still doesn't start

I'm not doing anything wrong, I put the stocker back in and it runs fine.
                          With the tuned PCM, the engine doesn't even fire to start.

Something else I am missing or is this just a bunk tune?
                          i doubt its a bunk tune. are u sure u seated all the plugs right on the tuned one? also, do make sure to check all ur messages to chris to make sure u specified correct engine and such
                          sigpic

2004 LS1 A4 Quicksilver w/ Red Interior 1 of 301 -

GO-K&N Intake, Spintech Exhaust, Pacesetter Headers, Catless Mids, Tuned using HPTuners By Rian

Turning and Stopping- Cquence Drilled and Slotted Rotors

Show- SAP Repros in Satin black, fake SAP mod, Tinted tails by Jorge, Satin Black Badges, 35% tint all around, Satin Black painted 17's, Flat Splitter

Electronics- Pioneer AVIC F90BT, JL 500.1 Monoblock Amp, JL 12W3-2, DDMTuning 8k 55watt HID hi/low, All Interior and Cluster LED Swap by Bohnman,

Fully modded G6 GTP-TRADED

Comment

if its not turning over at all you didnt do the key relearn right.
                            Mods: Intake resonator removed GTR Exhaust 30% Tint Front 15% Back Crab Intake WAMS 93 octane tune RLP street motor mounts, Debaged, Destriped, and Dashhawk. Infinity Kappa door speakers, Kicker cvx 12, Pioneer AVH-3200 BT Deck, Kicker 700.5 amp

Comment

try the key relearn again. how do you know if you did it right if it doesn't start?

G6 - 240sx - Lancer - 325is - WRX

Comment

The motor turns over now, unlike before it wouldn't even fire. Key relearn should be done right, but apparently I am supposed to un-hook the battery before installing the tune.
                                So.. I am going to do that this time and try again.

Comment

Working...
                                X