Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HELP! Just got my WAMS tune... And it doesn't work!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: About to get my WAMS Tune...

Originally posted by Widgetworks

Stock governer is 130 correct?
    mine is 105 I've heard people say 110 115 and 120 I just dont get how the same car has 4 different limits I understand it has to do with the speed rating on the tires but I'm pretty sure I heard someone on here say theres was 115 and they have an eco-tec It dont really make sense to set the base model limiter higher than a gt

Comment

There could very well be a difference from the factory based on each model...

Not every G6 model comes with the same speed rated tire, so that could be the difference in the limiter.
      "I put the Giggity into Each and Every Thread"

2009 Performance Red Metallic G6, Progression Page

Comment

i'm actually getting ready to order my 93 tune now but on the website it asks about INVISITUNE cost is $15.00......what exactly is this? any help with this would be appreciated
        BLUE 06 G6 GTP
        C.A.B
        GTR EXHAUST
        245/40/18

Comment

he does something to make it undetected by the dealer but if you order one out right you will have your stock one to swap for dealer services either way I got a spare ecm but I still got mine with invisitune just cuz its only $15 extra

Comment

Originally posted by gt08
            Originally posted by Widgetworks

Stock governer is 130 correct?
            mine is 105 I've heard people say 110 115 and 120 I just dont get how the same car has 4 different limits I understand it has to do with the speed rating on the tires but I'm pretty sure I heard someone on here say theres was 115 and they have an eco-tec It dont really make sense to set the base model limiter higher than a gt
            mine is at 105

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]

"Wheel gap can be compared to a vaginaa. The more fingers you can stick in the worse off you are. "

Comment

Originally posted by wkl8212
              i'm actually getting ready to order my 93 tune now but on the website it asks about INVISITUNE cost is $15.00......what exactly is this? any help with this would be appreciated
              Keeps the dealer from messing with it or seeing it, if you DONT have a warranty (extended or factory) you don't really need this.
              Chris White
              http://www.GTOShiftLight.com
              2006 Spice Red GTO - Stock
              2012 CTS-V 1 of 57 Custom IPC/BCM/Radio Corsa/LPE CAI
              2012 Cherokee SRT8 - Stockish
              2013 SRX - Custom IPC, BCM and CUE
              2013 XTS Platinum - Custom IPC

Comment

thanks, ordering it right now
                BLUE 06 G6 GTP
                C.A.B
                GTR EXHAUST
                245/40/18

Comment

So i've been searching and reading for around 2 hours for some info on this and

I probably missed it or its been said a number of times but im a noob if that's the case.....

So i want to keep my stock ECM so if i purchase a used one for my car. (trying to find the part number still)
                  Can i send that in and get it back and it works?

Or do i need to get to a dealer for a VIN number change so it works?

Hope this makes sense I'm half asleep.
                  My Progress thread
                  http://www.g6performance.com/forum/s...282#post429282

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel
                    So i've been searching and reading for around 2 hours for some info on this and

I probably missed it or its been said a number of times but im a noob if that's the case.....

So i want to keep my stock ECM so if i purchase a used one for my car. (trying to find the part number still)
                    Can i send that in and get it back and it works?

Or do i need to get to a dealer for a VIN number change so it works?

Hope this makes sense I'm half asleep.
                    u can buy an ECM from chris instead of buying a replacement then shipping. thats what i did anyways.
                    sigpic

2004 LS1 A4 Quicksilver w/ Red Interior 1 of 301 -

GO-K&N Intake, Spintech Exhaust, Pacesetter Headers, Catless Mids, Tuned using HPTuners By Rian

Turning and Stopping- Cquence Drilled and Slotted Rotors

Show- SAP Repros in Satin black, fake SAP mod, Tinted tails by Jorge, Satin Black Badges, 35% tint all around, Satin Black painted 17's, Flat Splitter

Electronics- Pioneer AVIC F90BT, JL 500.1 Monoblock Amp, JL 12W3-2, DDMTuning 8k 55watt HID hi/low, All Interior and Cluster LED Swap by Bohnman,

Fully modded G6 GTP-TRADED

Comment

So, I've received an email from Chris stating that my module had shipped.. I have yet to receive emails back from the past like 2 that I sent questioning about the top speed limiter, and I haven't gotten a tracking number.

It's been 5 days since I was told it was shipped, but again I don't have a tracking number, so I have absolutely no idea if it's been shipped or not anyway.

I never experienced any problems with responses from him before so I'm not sure what's going on at this point...
                      Hopefully my module comes in today.. UPS ground usually takes a max of 5 days.
                      I haven't seen any negative things about him on this forum either but he's posted on this thread in between my emails also..

Not sure.
                      The sultan of spin, a wizard of the arts of speech and text.
                      Making people rage since '05

Comment

wouldnt be worried he answered every ? i had maybe not that day but he got back with me he may be busy.... it took 6 days for mine to get here to tx so idk. everything is prolly ok!
                        Mods: Intake resonator removed GTR Exhaust 30% Tint Front 15% Back Crab Intake WAMS 93 octane tune RLP street motor mounts, Debaged, Destriped, and Dashhawk. Infinity Kappa door speakers, Kicker cvx 12, Pioneer AVH-3200 BT Deck, Kicker 700.5 amp

Comment

He's prolly busy and didn't resond since everything u asked about is done and u just gotta wait

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
                          sigpic

2004 LS1 A4 Quicksilver w/ Red Interior 1 of 301 -

GO-K&N Intake, Spintech Exhaust, Pacesetter Headers, Catless Mids, Tuned using HPTuners By Rian

Turning and Stopping- Cquence Drilled and Slotted Rotors

Show- SAP Repros in Satin black, fake SAP mod, Tinted tails by Jorge, Satin Black Badges, 35% tint all around, Satin Black painted 17's, Flat Splitter

Electronics- Pioneer AVIC F90BT, JL 500.1 Monoblock Amp, JL 12W3-2, DDMTuning 8k 55watt HID hi/low, All Interior and Cluster LED Swap by Bohnman,

Fully modded G6 GTP-TRADED

Comment

Alright, I just found it odd that he was quick to respond now but hasn't given me anything back in 5-6 days.
                            Trying to figure out if I should fill up with 93 oct early incase it comes in today or tomorrow...

Comment

Now that I think about it. I'm going to switch from 87 octane to 93 octane with the tune.

I have 87 in the tank and about 1/8th of a tank left. If I fill it up with 93 will that cause problems?

Comment

nope it will be fine
                                Mods: Intake resonator removed GTR Exhaust 30% Tint Front 15% Back Crab Intake WAMS 93 octane tune RLP street motor mounts, Debaged, Destriped, and Dashhawk. Infinity Kappa door speakers, Kicker cvx 12, Pioneer AVH-3200 BT Deck, Kicker 700.5 amp

Comment

Working...
                                X