This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Toronto Meets 2010!

I'd never do a road course in the G6. I've done the 1/4 mile thought and it's quite fun.

sigpic
    Mobil 1 | Doctorspeed Stage 3 & 4 CAI | CRABS | Sacchi S45 245 Black 18" Rims | 6000k HID Headlights + Fogs | GT-R Exhaust | 20% Tint | Pioneer AppRadio 2

Comment

I love drag racing
      GMPP Cat-Back Exhaust, MMS Headers, 3" DP with Electric cutout, Full CRAB Intake, RacingLine Street Motor Mounts, NRG Engine Damper, RacingLine Strut Tower Bar, Vector 91 ECM/TCM Tune/HSRK, R1Concept Brakes, HAWK Ceramic Pads, DW's 245/45/18 with TC Wheels, Poly. Sway Bar Bushings, 6000K HID's Lows & Fogs 35watts & 55watts 6,000K Hi-beams

Future: Slicks for the track & Maybe alittle Nitrous

Comment

Originally posted by TLS2000
        I'd never do a road course in the G6. I've done the 1/4 mile thought and it's quite fun.

Me too and it was a blast!

Comment

I don't mean to burst anyone's bubble, but I had a Dodge meet in the Hamilton/Burlington lakeshore area where there's plenty of parking, restaurants, etc and it went really well.

Lakeshore area would be a great place for a G6 or Pontiac meet. At least I think it would be. Holding it on a weekend would allow more folks to come out as well. It's south of Toronto and surrounding suburbs, and it's about 45min drive for myself, but really an hour here or there is NOTHING these days. I drove 2500-3000miles a week at my old job, some days were 13+hours just behind the wheel. A local meet would be beneficial. Even broadening it to all of southern Ontario. I can't imagine we'd fill a lot ourselves, but even so most of the lakeshore lots can hold 100+ vehicles on a good day.
          2006 Pontiac G6 GT (stock) - 44,000kms
          2000 Dodge Durango R/T (modded) - 185,000kms
          1999 Ford Taurus SE 2V (stock) - 206,000kms

Comment

Well I was going to suggest we have a meet this weekend at Downsview but it looks rain all weekend - grrrrr

Comment

Rain sucks.

I had the same thoughts Kat.

I also need to do some work on my car and it looks like I won't get the chance.

sigpic
              Mobil 1 | Doctorspeed Stage 3 & 4 CAI | CRABS | Sacchi S45 245 Black 18" Rims | 6000k HID Headlights + Fogs | GT-R Exhaust | 20% Tint | Pioneer AppRadio 2

Comment

Rain sucks.

I had the same thoughts Kat.

I also need to do some work on my car and it looks like I won't get the chance.
                oh yeah what kinda work on your car? I'm looking outside now and it's not that bad out

Comment

I'm having some issues with my headlights that I need to figure out. I'll melt if I get wet though.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]

sigpic

Comment

headlights were the least of my problems today...I had a screw in my right front and two screws in my right rear. I woke up to one side of my car sitting on the rims

Comment

That sucks.

On a funny note, when I started reading that I was wondering why you were telling us you had screws in your rear.

sigpic

Comment

Ok so anyone up to a meet next saturday or sunday afternoon? If we have a group who want to get together we can make a group vote on where.

Comment

I'd be all for a meet.

sigpic

Comment

I'd be all for a meet.
                            I wonder if we should start a new topic so peeps will read it? What's good for you Tom - Saturday or Sunday?

We had a fun night...changed driver side brake & rotor - tomorrow will do passenger side. I was hearing a really bad scraping sound...my brake was worn down on one side to the metal and it had gouged the rotors good ... could use a meet to shoot the sh*t about our cars and what we have done to them and want to do to them... I am seriously thinking of keeping my 6er - trying to decide if there is any benefit it buying her before the new tax HST is in..do you think it would make any difference? Calvin pipe up here dude -whatcha think?

Comment

I wish I still had people's phone numbers. I'd just text them.

I can do either day, really. I'm on vacation until Monday.

It sucks to have to fix the car up too. I'm going to have to do a bearing this year.

sigpic

Comment

I'm in NYC right now, returing on Monday. If it's Saturday I'll pass since I'll probably be dead tired, Sunday I'll consider.
                                <-- Gray G6? Click!
                                2006 G6 SE V6 3.5L Sedan "Sharon", Stealth Gray Metallic, 1SA+CF5+PCM+PDX - Sold but will not be forgotten... will always have a special place in my heart.
                                2006 Solstice 2.4L I4 "Kristin", Shadow Gray Metallic, 1SA+JL9+G80+PCQ+ZQ2+ZQ3
                                Life moves fast, don't miss a thing.

Comment

Working...
                                X