X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: TOYOTA ISSUES STOP SALE ON VEHICLES

Originally posted by Lmac83
    Originally posted by leong6gtp
    I have to admit. I've never found such glory in someone else's misfortunes.
    Too bad, alot of these vehicles (and defective components) are manufactured in North America. Dont get me wrong , i love to see Toyota eat a little humble pie, but it trickles down to American and Canadian assembly line workers. Nothing is black and white anymore.
    LoL I don't give a shit who made the parts, it's Toyota's responsibility to test them to make sure they are up to par. They obviously did not. It's Toyota's fault, end of story. If it was a GM defect you wouldn't hear shit about what distributor they got it from. Leave it to Toyota to throw they're distributor under the bus to take the blame off of their hands.

750WHP Magnacharged GTO.....WTF!
    TVS2300 GTO, Innovators West 8" Overdrive Pulley, ECS Tensioner, SD tuned by Andrew at Complete street performance, Ed Curtis custom Lunati camshaft 230/236 .6XX/.6XX 113 LSA, Hardened Pushrods, Lunati .675 lift Valve Springs, Single Walbro 255 fuel pump in stock bucket, Kooks 1 7/8 Jet hot coated Headers , Kooks 3" catless mid pipes with DMH low pro electric cutouts, Spintech 2.5" stainless steel exhaust with X pipe, Carbon fiber Cold air box with AEM air filter, Billet products short shifter, JamesBiz Oil catch can, Pedders 5/16" raise springs with drag bags, Weld RTS Black with Hoosiers
    Show
    -20% tint
    -bohaman AUX-in radio mod
    -Professionally heated seats

Comment

Originally posted by Lmac83
      I have to admit. I've never found such glory in someone else's misfortunes.
      Too bad, alot of these vehicles (and defective components) are manufactured in North America. Dont get me wrong , i love to see Toyota eat a little humble pie, but it trickles down to American and Canadian assembly line workers. Nothing is black and white anymore.
      LoL I don't give a shit who made the parts, it's Toyota's responsibility to test them to make sure they are up to par. They obviously did not. It's Toyota's fault, end of story. If it was a GM defect you wouldn't hear shit about what distributor they got it from. Leave it to Toyota to throw they're distributor under the bus to take the blame off of their hands.
      They maybe trying to blame the supplier but they also publicly apologized for their own failure. Don't get too biased against Toyota. They make great cars. I won't buy them but a few members of my family have them. They never break down and are 100% reliable. It's not easy for me to admit it since I am a domestic fan.

The fact is, according to Toyota, only parts made in North America failed. Japanese made parts have no problem and therefore will not be fixed. You are right, it is Toyota's responsibility to test them so I wouldn't blame our supplier here. Furthermore, these parts were made to Toyota's specifications. So there is no problem with American quality as far as I am concerned. It's been known that Toyota quality had really gone downhill in the last few years. When you become No. 1, you take all the heat. A serious safety defect such as this can sink the company.

Comment

This recent recall hasn't changed my perspective on them really. I still wouldn't buy any of their cars. None of them appeal to me anyway.

750WHP Magnacharged GTO.....WTF!
        TVS2300 GTO, Innovators West 8" Overdrive Pulley, ECS Tensioner, SD tuned by Andrew at Complete street performance, Ed Curtis custom Lunati camshaft 230/236 .6XX/.6XX 113 LSA, Hardened Pushrods, Lunati .675 lift Valve Springs, Single Walbro 255 fuel pump in stock bucket, Kooks 1 7/8 Jet hot coated Headers , Kooks 3" catless mid pipes with DMH low pro electric cutouts, Spintech 2.5" stainless steel exhaust with X pipe, Carbon fiber Cold air box with AEM air filter, Billet products short shifter, JamesBiz Oil catch can, Pedders 5/16" raise springs with drag bags, Weld RTS Black with Hoosiers
        Show
        -20% tint
        -bohaman AUX-in radio mod
        -Professionally heated seats

Comment

^same here.....
          http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/inde...mageID=1623464

Comment

IMHO I don't feel that toyotas are all that reliable. My wifes family has lots of toyotas some great others not so much. Everyone talks about the great ones but not that bad ones... so I'll give you an exmaple of how "great" thier cars can be. My mother in law had a brand new 92 corolla ( supposed to be this great reliable car) After one year the timing belt broke cause massive engine problems. Toyota originally said that it was not covered by the bumper to bumper warranty since they should have had the car service regulary ( the car only had 3000 miles on it) Finally after many arguments they finally fixed it for free. Less then a year later the head gasket went. Again arguments began about fixing the car. Over the years that car had more things go wrong with it that i've never replaced in ANY of my GM cars i've owned. At the end when she finally didn't feel comfortable driving it anymore because of the reliability back in 2004/5... this is the list of things wrong with it- Holes in the sheet metal that formed from rust in 6 months!, coolant mixing with oil again, constant overheating, another plugged up heater core ( only replaced 3 times within one year), the brake lights were constantly blowing light bulbs and shorting out, various door handles didnt work or manual windows, and the car handled like a shopping cart. This for a car that only had 69K miles on it. She ended up selling it to her son since her needed a car to get around. he fixed it up drove it for 2 months then the transmission blew, the headliner fell down and 2 door handles broke right off the car. So the only way in the car is through I think the back passenger door. Between my wife her mom and her brother none of them trust toyotas anymore. The rest of her family still buys them however they all have been experiencing more and more problems now.... Especially with the electrical systems.

with me driving a honda I do see why they "last" forever or are very "reliable"... Honda and toyota make you replace parts before they break and check over the cars very well when you bring them in for service. for example at 100K miles you have to change the timing belt along with all gaskets and the waterpump. Yeah you may spend 1000 bucks but now those parts are all new and they won't go bad for another 100K miles. whereas with GM cars they don't make you change crap and half the time don't tell you something is wrong with your car until it breaks ( unless you own a caddy then they go over the car with a fine tooth comb). So now having both in my life I do see the differences on how they handle thier cars and why they are said to be so reliable. In the end it really comes down to the servicing.

Comment

Servicing plays a great part but sometimes you can just end up with lemons no matter who the manufacturer is.
              I have had Mercedes and Bimmers that I babied yet they still constantly break down. I have also owned a couple of used high mileage Chryslers and GMs and they ran for years and just didn't want to quit. At one time me and my friend both owned the same model Mazda 626, mine was completely flawless but he had nothing but trouble with his. Life just has no guarantees when it comes to cars.

Comment

true

Comment

Tell that to a Toyota fan and you'd hear an earful.
                  <-- Gray G6? Click!
                  2006 G6 SE V6 3.5L Sedan "Sharon", Stealth Gray Metallic, 1SA+CF5+PCM+PDX - Sold but will not be forgotten... will always have a special place in my heart.
                  2006 Solstice 2.4L I4 "Kristin", Shadow Gray Metallic, 1SA+JL9+G80+PCQ+ZQ2+ZQ3
                  Life moves fast, don't miss a thing.

Comment

^WORD!!!! omg they're so annoying

Comment

Working...
                    X