Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TOYOTA ISSUES STOP SALE ON VEHICLES

Toyota halts US sales of 8 recalled vehicle models

WASHINGTON – Toyota Motor Co. said Tuesday it was suspending U.S. sales of eight recalled vehicle models to fix accelerator pedals that stick, the latest quality problem to confront the world's No. 1 automaker.

As part of the plan, Toyota said it was halting production at five manufacturing facilities for the week of Feb. 1 "to assess and coordinate activities." There are 2.3 million vehicles involved in the recall, which was announced last week.

"This action is necessary until a remedy is finalized," said Bob Carter, Toyota's group vice president and general manager.

The Japanese automaker says the sales suspension includes the 2009-2010 RAV4, the 2009-2010 Corolla, the 2009-2010 Matrix, the 2005-2010 Avalon, the 2007-2010 Camry, the 2010 Highlander, the 2007-2010 Tundra and the 2008-2010 Sequoia.

It was unclear how long Toyota would suspend production of the vehicles. In an e-mail to employees, company officials said, "we don't know yet how long this pause will last but we will make every effort to resume production soon." Toyota officials did not immediately return phone messages.

Toyota said the company would stop producing vehicles at plants in Indiana, Kentucky, Texas and Canada. They said no other North American Toyota facility would be affected by the decision.

The auto company said the sales suspension would not affect Lexus or Scion vehicles. Toyota said the Prius, Tacoma, Sienna, Venza, Solara, Yaris, 4Runner, FJ Cruiser, Land Cruiser and select Camry models, including all Camry hybrids, would remain for sale.

Toyota said last week it was recalling 2.3 million vehicles in the U.S. to fix accelerator pedals with mechanical problems that could cause them to become stuck.

That announcement followed a larger recall months earlier of 4.2 million vehicles because of problems with gas pedals becoming trapped under floor mats, causing sudden acceleration. That problem was the cause of several crashes, including some fatalities.

Remember if "the" and "and" are spelled right its not a genuine Ahuhn post

Dear God, please send clothes to all those poor ladies in Daddy's computer. Amen.
    Originally posted by snowmanG6
    you would try to tape a poptart to her then give her a bag a skittles and tell her to fart a rainbow

Re: TOYOTA ISSUES STOP SALE ON VEHICLES

Just wondering... if the Matrix is affected by this recall..... um.. What about the Vibe?
    2015 Chevy SS, Perfect Blue Metallic, Sunroof, No Spare, M6
    Appearance: Full LED Conversion, 6000L D3S HID Bulbs, Holden Rear and Front Embloms
    Go Stuff: Diablew 93 Octane Tune

Missed and not forgotten. Traded.
    2005 CGM GTO.
    386whp, 364ft-lb torque, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Tuning, K&N Intake, VX Tails, Halo Projectors
    2009 G8 GT SRM Premium Package, 6000K LED + HID Lows, Factory Bluetooth Retrofit, Atari Gauges, Factory iPod Control, 93 Octane Diablew Tune, Vararam Intake, MBR Strut Bar, Corsa Catback, DBA 4000SX Slotted + Drilled Rotors, Hawk Ceramic Pads.

Comment

Ouch!

Comment

Originally posted by WoodburyMan
        Just wondering... if the Matrix is affected by this recall..... um.. What about the Vibe?
        The '09 Vibe is:

http://blogs.cars.com/kickingtires/2010 ... g+Tires%29

Car Domain | ForeverPontiac.com | Progression

G6Performance - now with TWO Hampsters!

Comment

That's pretty much... all their cars?
          <-- Gray G6? Click!
          2006 G6 SE V6 3.5L Sedan "Sharon", Stealth Gray Metallic, 1SA+CF5+PCM+PDX - Sold but will not be forgotten... will always have a special place in my heart.
          2006 Solstice 2.4L I4 "Kristin", Shadow Gray Metallic, 1SA+JL9+G80+PCQ+ZQ2+ZQ3
          Life moves fast, don't miss a thing.

Comment

Well, they don't need to worry about suspending sales of the vibe. GM kinda took care of that for them...
            2009 PONTIAC G8
            MAGNETIC GRAY METALLIC

Comment

Originally posted by ragingfish
              Well, they don't need to worry about suspending sales of the vibe. GM kinda took care of that for them...
              Mods: Tint, Resonator Delete, K&N Filter, GT-R Exhaust, GXP rear bumper, Debadged

Comment

I'm waiting for that one ignorant toyota fan that says "LOOK EVERYONE! THE PONTIAC VIBE HAS THE SAME PROBLEM! BOO GM!"

G6 - 240sx - Lancer - 325is - WRX

Comment

Originally posted by zlatsky
                  I'm waiting for that one ignorant toyota fan that says "LOOK EVERYONE! THE PONTIAC VIBE HAS THE SAME PROBLEM! BOO GM!"

750WHP Magnacharged GTO.....WTF!
                  TVS2300 GTO, Innovators West 8" Overdrive Pulley, ECS Tensioner, SD tuned by Andrew at Complete street performance, Ed Curtis custom Lunati camshaft 230/236 .6XX/.6XX 113 LSA, Hardened Pushrods, Lunati .675 lift Valve Springs, Single Walbro 255 fuel pump in stock bucket, Kooks 1 7/8 Jet hot coated Headers , Kooks 3" catless mid pipes with DMH low pro electric cutouts, Spintech 2.5" stainless steel exhaust with X pipe, Carbon fiber Cold air box with AEM air filter, Billet products short shifter, JamesBiz Oil catch can, Pedders 5/16" raise springs with drag bags, Weld RTS Black with Hoosiers
                  Show
                  -20% tint
                  -bohaman AUX-in radio mod
                  -Professionally heated seats

Comment

Originally posted by leong6gtp
                    Originally posted by zlatsky
                    It'll probably happen too! lol

Comment

Funny thing is we are still building Tundras today tomorrow and friday....The plant will not be producing all next week. and then go to a split shift the following monday....Pretty crazy right now
                      It's not what you've got in the car, it's what you can do with it!
                      K&N Filter
                      KENWOOD ie 6x9 & 6.5
                      FALKEN ZIEX 512 R17
                      R1Concepts E-Line Cross Drilled Front

Comment

Toyota's of today suck compared to Toyota's of the early 90's.
                        106,000 MILES!
                        There are gateway drugs... and then gateway mods. BOTH ARE ADDICTING WATCH THE F*** OUT!
                        Now that I'm done with college, I realize how boring everyday life is.

Comment

And it just got better...

http://www.autoblog.com/2010/01/27/repo ... ll-global/
                          <-- Gray G6? Click!
                          2006 G6 SE V6 3.5L Sedan "Sharon", Stealth Gray Metallic, 1SA+CF5+PCM+PDX - Sold but will not be forgotten... will always have a special place in my heart.
                          2006 Solstice 2.4L I4 "Kristin", Shadow Gray Metallic, 1SA+JL9+G80+PCQ+ZQ2+ZQ3
                          Life moves fast, don't miss a thing.

Comment

Wow. Toyota really screwed that one up!

Comment

someone made a whoops.

i have read a few articles on this issue now...and im starting to wonder just how serious the problem is...i mean sure they say it CAN cause unintended acceleration...but has it caused any accidents or anything? if so how many?

and whats this floor mat issue..? i dont see how a floor mat can cause acceleration other than it getting bunched up under the break pedal and thus not being able to push it hard..

i have yet to see an article that goes into real details...most just outline the big impressive numbers HUGE NUMBER RECALLED DUE TO _ _ _ _ _

Comment

Working...
                              X