Toyota "Quality" - 2.3 million vehicles recalled

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Toyota "Quality" - 2.3 million vehicles recalled

Now they are recalling Tundras for premature rusting of the truck's frame. This keeps getting better.

Comment

Originally posted by mrslcom
      Now they are recalling Tundras for premature rusting of the truck's frame. This keeps getting better.
      article?
      sigpic

2004 LS1 A4 Quicksilver w/ Red Interior 1 of 301 -

GO-K&N Intake, Spintech Exhaust, Pacesetter Headers, Catless Mids, Tuned using HPTuners By Rian

Turning and Stopping- Cquence Drilled and Slotted Rotors

Show- SAP Repros in Satin black, fake SAP mod, Tinted tails by Jorge, Satin Black Badges, 35% tint all around, Satin Black painted 17's, Flat Splitter

Electronics- Pioneer AVIC F90BT, JL 500.1 Monoblock Amp, JL 12W3-2, DDMTuning 8k 55watt HID hi/low, All Interior and Cluster LED Swap by Bohnman,

Fully modded G6 GTP-TRADED

Comment

This should have been done years ago. Toyota was quietly offering to buy back trucks that were showing signs of frame rot instead of recalling them. This was the first clue that Toyota was trying to cover up quality issues.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]

sigpic
        Mobil 1 | Doctorspeed Stage 3 & 4 CAI | CRABS | Sacchi S45 245 Black 18" Rims | 6000k HID Headlights + Fogs | GT-R Exhaust | 20% Tint | Pioneer AppRadio 2

Comment

when i was at the dealership waiting for a rental car yesterday they had the news on and one of the stories had another prius that smashed into a wall because of a stuck accelerator pedal. i can see this happening more and more and becoming very common
          2011 Toyota Camry- gunmetal gray-7,869 miles
          2008 Pontiac G6, white- 26,065 miles- traded in

Comment

that or he realized how gay he was driving one and drove into the wall

[youtube:2n0s9vyo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RL4wfilTe-o[/youtube:2n0s9vyo]

Mods- VMS ECM/TCM Tune, Custom Magnaflow Cat Back, Full CRAB Intake, Racing Line Motor Mounts and Strut Tower Brace. Tinted Windows & Tails. EBC USR Rotors Front and Rear running YellowStuff Pads
            Originally posted by ahuhn
            so i just realized there a drawer in my room that has nothing in it but tequila, condoms and a blow up doll. cant figure out if thats a good thing or not

Comment

Originally posted by TLS2000
              This should have been done years ago. Toyota was quietly offering to buy back trucks that were showing signs of frame rot instead of recalling them. This was the first clue that Toyota was trying to cover up quality issues.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
              This has been going on for a while.

750WHP Magnacharged GTO.....WTF!
              TVS2300 GTO, Innovators West 8" Overdrive Pulley, ECS Tensioner, SD tuned by Andrew at Complete street performance, Ed Curtis custom Lunati camshaft 230/236 .6XX/.6XX 113 LSA, Hardened Pushrods, Lunati .675 lift Valve Springs, Single Walbro 255 fuel pump in stock bucket, Kooks 1 7/8 Jet hot coated Headers , Kooks 3" catless mid pipes with DMH low pro electric cutouts, Spintech 2.5" stainless steel exhaust with X pipe, Carbon fiber Cold air box with AEM air filter, Billet products short shifter, JamesBiz Oil catch can, Pedders 5/16" raise springs with drag bags, Weld RTS Black with Hoosiers
              Show
              -20% tint
              -bohaman AUX-in radio mod
              -Professionally heated seats

Comment

isnt this whole recall going as far back as 1999? if i remember right when they update the tundra body style. they were having problems with advance rust issues on the chassis

Mods- VMS ECM/TCM Tune, Custom Magnaflow Cat Back, Full CRAB Intake, Racing Line Motor Mounts and Strut Tower Brace. Tinted Windows & Tails. EBC USR Rotors Front and Rear running YellowStuff Pads
                Originally posted by ahuhn
                so i just realized there a drawer in my room that has nothing in it but tequila, condoms and a blow up doll. cant figure out if thats a good thing or not

Comment

gosh this gets annoying after a while....
                  http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/inde...mageID=1623464

Comment

we had a 98 tundra in yesturday with like half the frame gone on the passenger side. he had no idea. im glad those gems are on the road

Remember if "the" and "and" are spelled right its not a genuine Ahuhn post

Dear God, please send clothes to all those poor ladies in Daddy's computer. Amen.
                    Originally posted by snowmanG6
                    you would try to tape a poptart to her then give her a bag a skittles and tell her to fart a rainbow

Comment

^that's sumthin....

Comment

I'm sorry to be the fly in the ointment, but Toyota's (confirmed true or not) track record is not that bad. In fact I feel the worse offender out there is Ford.

I know Toyota is in the shit right now and needs to stop sweeping it under there floor mats, however the number sold and number that are affected or have actually had accidents is a small ratio.

In fact if the drivers used common sense, maybe they would stop there vehicles.
                        At what point do we let the vehicle do everything for us?
                        When do we stop knowing how to control our vehicles?
                        Shouldn't emergency driving procedures be taught with licensing?

I am not making excuses for Toyota, but if I can take the time to call 911 and talk for 23 minutes about stopping my car only to have a officer drive along side me and scream into a bull horn to turn my car off and then bumper stop me.... Should I be driving?

The run-away Prius driver refused to put his car in neutral in fear that the car would flip... Although he stated that he attempted to turn the car off, and pull the parking brake with no luck. Maybe its just me but lockin my rear tires up seems more dangerous than placing my car in neutral and removing power from the wheels.

The media has had a field day reporting on the import company, You have heard more news about this then all the money Obama used to buy out our big three. Which just so happens to be drowning at this time....
                        DON'T GET ME WRONG I DRIVE A G6, BUT TOYOTA IS GETTING OVERLY BEAT UP
                        15% tint front windows, 5% rear sides,rear,and windshield banner. red brake calipers. slotted and drilled rotors. 3 million l.e.d. underbody light kit (seldom used). 18" solstice rims with 245/40/18. Hammerhead spoiler. 2 10" eclipse subs in a sealed box. Monsoon stereo. Acoustic amps.
                        http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3300730

Originally posted by vballchic1023
                        Being bent over the hood on a back road is fun as well

Comment

I don't understand how any car, regardless what brand it is, that the ignition would fail to shut off, the transmission would fail to go into neutral, and the brakes would fail to work, all at the same time while the gas pedal is stuck.

Any car that could have a major failure in all four of these systems simultaneously would have been pulled off the road. With millions of these vehicles on the road, and the small amount of reported unintended acceleration cases, I assume drivers' error or incompetence could be a factor in some of these cases.

It's too early to say whether Toyota is getting an unfair treatment. If a company is found to have covered up major safety defects, then they deserve all the blame they would get.

Comment

Guess that's what happens when you cover up safety problems. They deserve it. Bringing up people's incompetence doesn't really make sense because the issue is the car; people will always be incompetent. They should be smart enough to stop the shit but then again it shouldn't have happened in the first place. I don't see the incompetence of people called out when there's a GM problem. That's a whole other issue. Good point though.

750WHP Magnacharged GTO.....WTF!
                            TVS2300 GTO, Innovators West 8" Overdrive Pulley, ECS Tensioner, SD tuned by Andrew at Complete street performance, Ed Curtis custom Lunati camshaft 230/236 .6XX/.6XX 113 LSA, Hardened Pushrods, Lunati .675 lift Valve Springs, Single Walbro 255 fuel pump in stock bucket, Kooks 1 7/8 Jet hot coated Headers , Kooks 3" catless mid pipes with DMH low pro electric cutouts, Spintech 2.5" stainless steel exhaust with X pipe, Carbon fiber Cold air box with AEM air filter, Billet products short shifter, JamesBiz Oil catch can, Pedders 5/16" raise springs with drag bags, Weld RTS Black with Hoosiers
                            Show
                            -20% tint
                            -bohaman AUX-in radio mod
                            -Professionally heated seats

Comment

i've just always wonder why they don't try how Ford deal with it....

Comment

Working...
                              X