X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hey, whatever works for ya i guess.

Comment

Just got the word. They are not primed or painted.
      It comes with a black gel coat that is ready to prep and prime.
      Please consider supporting G6P -Tap here

MODS:
      Crab Intakes CAB, MPD Ram Air hood, Custom exhaust,
      WAMS High Performance Tune and a whole lot more....

Comment

Make sure your body shop has worked with fiberglass before. Usually these hoods need to be tweaked a bit because they are never perfect. Although I have heard MPD hoods are about as good as the come!

John
        Mine - 2006 Black Grand Prix GXP

Comment

I like the look, but will save the money to mod my other car. How much "functionality" does it add. I know it pushes air to the filter, but will you gain anthing for the additional money put into it?

A thing to think about is for those that have the Redline struts. Check to make sure they work with a fiberglass hood. I have heard of some people having trouble before.
          "As long as you can laugh at yourself, you will never cease to be amused."
          -unknown

Comment

Originally posted by EmersonHart13
            Make sure your body shop has worked with fiberglass before. Usually these hoods need to be tweaked a bit because they are never perfect. Although I have heard MPD hoods are about as good as the come!John
            Excellent point! Eric had me tell my body shop to expect to "trim" the sides a bit to match my fenders, cause they apparently make the hood just slightly oversized. Took my shop about 2 hours to fit and check the install before starting the paint. That included removing my old hood and the parts to be reused. And my shop was quite impressed with the quality of the hood, though they did some additional finishing/smoothing before paint.
            (Rev) Greg :: 2006 Fusion Orange GTP Coupe auto - 35% tint - MPD hood - Razzi wing- Dr. Speed CAB - GTR exhaust - GM STB - caliper paint/decals - mesh lower grilles - more to come

Comment

Originally posted by Kluski
              A thing to think about is for those that have the Redline struts. Check to make sure they work with a fiberglass hood. I have heard of some people having trouble before.
              I thought about this as well (didn't get the struts) and MPD told me that if you let them know you're going to install the struts they might add plates into the hood for easier/stronger installation.

MPD has been pretty good to work with ... suggest you call or email them with any and all questions before you order.
              (Rev) Greg :: 2006 Fusion Orange GTP Coupe auto - 35% tint - MPD hood - Razzi wing- Dr. Speed CAB - GTR exhaust - GM STB - caliper paint/decals - mesh lower grilles - more to come

Comment

good to know on that redline struts...as i have them and love them

robert...add me for interest, as i have always love this hood...im not a def on it, but im in for the interest part

Comment

HOOD

I'll be interested in buying the ram air hood it will hot with my Razzi Kit

Comment

I fitted the hood myself (which was very easy) then brought it to the body shop for paint. ******ANYONE FITTING THE HOOD HOOK-UP TO THE AIRBOX ON A 3.9 ENGINE WILL BE CHALLENGED. IT IS A MUCH TOGHTER FIT THAN THE 3.5 ENGINE. THE POWER STEERING PULLEY IS LESS THAN AN 1/8 INCH FROM THE BOX!!!!!!! AND AS FAR AS THE 07' 3.6 ENGINE I HAVE NOT SEEN ONE YET TO SEE IF IT'S EVEN POSSIBLE TO USE THE BOX.
                    CURRENT CARS I OWN
                    2006 G6 GTP COUPE best ET 14.67 @ 96
                    1967 Bonneville 428 H.O. TriPower 13.84 @ 100
                    1971 Grand Prix 455 H.O. 13.70 @ 99
                    1988 IROC-Z
                    1966 Buick Electra 225
                    1992 Bonneville

Comment

Were you happy with the hood? Any words of advice? Troubles? Quality?

MODS:

Comment

^ Not sure if this was open to anyone, but I've had the hood for about 2 months and love the look of it. My bodyshop was impressed with the quality, and I've had absolutely no problems with it. It may even clear the GM strut brace mod better than the stock hood.

I haven't been able to install the air box kit becasue there was a mixup in shipping when I got the hood. Still waiting for MPD to send me the air box.

Comment

I'm very happy with the hood. No issues at all. glad i got it. :P
                          CURRENT CARS I OWN
                          1988 IROC-Z
                          1966 Buick Electra 225
                          1992 Bonneville

Comment

What did painting it run you guys?
                            So I have a ball park idea.

MODS:

Comment

I got mine painted for free, so I don't know. I had my entire hood done done both sides and wet sanded and buffed. also i brought them just the hood not the car so it made it easier.
                              CURRENT CARS I OWN
                              1988 IROC-Z
                              1966 Buick Electra 225
                              1992 Bonneville

Comment

Mine was about $700 as part of a larger project. Cost to fit, finish, paint top and bottom, blend into fenders and bumper, clear coat, and detail. I think my shop said something about the color having a little to do with the cost as the metallic paint was more.

See this thread for more info on cost of painting a hood: http://g6performance.com/forum/viewt...869&highlight=

Comment

Working...
                                X