Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Muffler Help...

Hi all.

I need a bit of muffler help. i had a run in with some freezing rain and an icy snowbank, and ripped the left side tip off the muffler. I was looking to replace the entire muffler with an upgraded one. Flowmaster, Magnaflow, Borla etc... but since none of these manufacturers actually make a muffler for the Maxx SS, I will need to jimmy something up. Does anyone have an ideay as to which muffler I should choose. Remembering that I have one of those stupid "suitcase" mufflers with 1 inlet and 2 outlets....

Thanks for the help!
    2006 Malibu Maxx SS

Debadged, 20% Tint Front and Rear, Full CRAB Intake, K&N Oil Filter, K&N Air Filter, R1 concepts cross-drilled and slotted rotors, EBC red stuff pads, Red painted Calipers, Garmin Nuvi GPS, Painted engine cover with SS emblem.

Re: Muffler Help...

you can probally rig something up pretty easy using one of the single in dual out mufflers they make for camaros/firebirds both magnaflow and flowmaster make them I think the one that flowmaster makes is about $150

Comment

HHmmm... thanks. I guess the best would be to measure outside diameter and find something similar I guess.

Stupid freezing rain lol
      2006 Malibu Maxx SS

Debadged, 20% Tint Front and Rear, Full CRAB Intake, K&N Oil Filter, K&N Air Filter, R1 concepts cross-drilled and slotted rotors, EBC red stuff pads, Red painted Calipers, Garmin Nuvi GPS, Painted engine cover with SS emblem.

Comment

Flowmaster 80 series??
        2006 Malibu Maxx SS

Comment

i used a camaro style, single in, dual out flowmaster exhaust. its sounds amazing.
          heres a vid. id go flormaster. from what i was told maganflow only performs well on v8.
          Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!
          2006 Pontiac G6 V6-Too many mods-Traded In(RIP 2006-2010)
          2008 G8 GT-TSP Forged LS3-Procharger-219/231 RCR Cam-TSP Ported L92's-Squash-Kooks-Solo 3in-SS Wheels and Brakes-Demon8-BMR-BC Racing Coilovers-Custom Earls Tranny Cooler
          613/543 @11.5psi Old Numbers
          11.6 at 123. 1.92 60ft
          New numbers coming soon........

Comment

Originally posted by Thebeast
            i used a camaro style, single in, dual out flowmaster exhaust.
            Do you remember what model??
            2006 Malibu Maxx SS

Comment

the camaro style flowmaster part number is 42583 It's a 80 series I dont know if it the same one he used but its the one I will be trying this spring if I dont go with the GTR

Comment

i have no clue. custom muffler shop did it. its a single in, dual out. i think its the 40 series. but im not really sure
                2006 Pontiac G6 V6-Too many mods-Traded In(RIP 2006-2010)
                2008 G8 GT-TSP Forged LS3-Procharger-219/231 RCR Cam-TSP Ported L92's-Squash-Kooks-Solo 3in-SS Wheels and Brakes-Demon8-BMR-BC Racing Coilovers-Custom Earls Tranny Cooler
                613/543 @11.5psi Old Numbers
                11.6 at 123. 1.92 60ft
                New numbers coming soon........

Comment

Great thanks for the help!
                  2006 Malibu Maxx SS

Comment

Working...
                  X