Add XM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Add XM

Some of the other threads touched on this but I couldnt seem to find a clear answer of what I was looking for. My car came with no XM radio but I would like to install it. I figured the plug had to be there and all I would need is the box and atten from GM, does this sound about accurate? As far as installing the atten. I would either have the dealer do it, if they were going to be a dick about it or myself... the main question is can you buy the box and atten from a dealer?!?!
    Originally posted by Toyz
    Originally posted by simplyred
    what do you guys think about switching up the teams again?!
    As long as i dont have to catch, i am all for it!

The other thread was about keeping the XM with an aftermarket unit, as for putting it in your car while keeping your stock head unit and everything I think you'll have to ask a parts department. It may be a completely different radio thats specifically XM ready-I'm not too sure.
    TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

Unfort. I thought about this after the parts dept had closed... of course haha, but I figured that GM wouldnt want to spend the money to make different head units. I figured that there was nothing more than a plug in the back to recieve the signal and that the box and atten would plug and play basically with the stock radio. Have to call the dealer tomarrow, I'm just afraid GM is going to rape me and say a couple hundred bucks for a box and atten when I could get a Delphi system from walmart and only spend 80!

Comment

I just wanted to say that I have the XM one in my car and I just let the subscription run out. I don't really dig the programming all that much. Out of the two (Sirius and XM) I prefer Sirius' programming. However even that's just ok lately. I heard Welcome to the Jungle on 3 different stations today at work on Sirius. So I don't know how everyone else feels on this topic. Just wanted to comment I guess. I love the 6 cd changer though!
        "The Milwaukee Mile 5"

Comment

you know what, I love the 6 disc... but I used to DJ for a while and I had some places on the net where I got songs and albums waaaaay be4 they hit radio. So now its to the point where every song thats a top hit I've had for over 6 months! The 4 major stations around my area (urban, rap/alternative, rock, adult contemp) are playing all the songs I'm sick and tired of haha! Got to the point where 3 out of 6 cds were dane cook because it was something different and if by some chance u dont know who dane cook is....FIGURE IT OUT LOL

Comment

Working...
          X