Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Matts06GT Progression - Got a Much Needed Clean!! (pg.19)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Matts06GT Progression (Headlight Project Pg. 2) 4/6/10

Finally found the topic were I found that picture!!

viewtopic.php?f=47&t=26898&hilit=Audi

My Progression---------------------Crimson Crusade---------------------Why Do I Run?
    Originally posted by wzbhnn
    We all like different looks, that's why we mod!!

Comment

NICE......thanks!

MY PROGRESSION- viewtopic.php?f=119&t=26123

Comment

SCHOOLS OUT FOR SUMMER:
        [youtube:3ejcummv]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XbNEOJMGFAo[/youtube:3ejcummv]

And with that being said... HEADLIGHTS are GO!!!

Here are some pics of the Structural Adhesive after sanding it down:

After sanding it down we need to smooth that puppy out, and what does that mean? Bondo:

Now it is time to let that dry and I will sand it down after practice!!
        Then it is time for Paint!!

My Progression---------------------Crimson Crusade---------------------Why Do I Run?

Comment

Re: Matts06GT Progression (Headlight Project Pg. 2) 3/19/10

Originally posted by Matts06GT
          Very Quality!! Have you done this before?? For future reference, how do you keep them from leaking??
          Well, I wish I had a fool proof answer for you, but I don't. I still get a little bit of condensation inside now, even though spring is here and warmer weather is around. I'm thinking I might have to do each again this summer, again.
          "I put the Giggity into Each and Every Thread"

2009 Performance Red Metallic G6, Progression Page

Comment

What do you guys think...

Should I paint the headlights right away??

or

Should I start doing the LED's first??

Comment

go ahead and drill for your leds, that way you dont scratch up the paint, get everything ready to go in then paint.

good work so far man

Comment

Originally posted by cdubb33
                go ahead and drill for your leds, that way you dont scratch up the paint, get everything ready to go in then paint.

good work so far man

That was my thought process as well!!

And thanks for the complements!! Pics coming soon of the body filler sanded down!!

Comment

And here they are:

(I know they look rough but I guarantee they are smooth to the touch!!)

Comment

Now time for the LED's!!

So here is the situation... I want lights like these:
                    [youtube:2cvhnfvw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dDukUgvY4xc[/youtube:2cvhnfvw]

Except I want them to fallow all the way up the side like these:

But I want to be able to do this:
                    [youtube:2cvhnfvw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJE0_HXeXIg[/youtube:2cvhnfvw]

So my question is... How??

Comment

im not sure where you can get the halos, you can always make your own from curtain rod and leds. You heat up the road and bend it into a circle, then drill two holes on either end and insert your leds. Then to do the lights across the bottom just drill holes and insert the led, and tie them all together to a switch. Can't wait to see what you come up with. Good luck with it man.

Comment

im not sure where you can get the halos, you can always make your own from curtain rod and leds. You heat up the road and bend it into a circle, then drill two holes on either end and insert your leds. Then to do the lights across the bottom just drill holes and insert the led, and tie them all together to a switch. Can't wait to see what you come up with. Good luck with it man.
                        I actually am going to do my own Halo's because $200 is ridiculous in my opinion!! I just gotta figure out how to make the Knight Rider electrical box... Might have to pay CinCity for that!!

Comment

MORE MODIFICATION!!!

Trunk Before:

Trunk After:

Driver Door Before:

Driver Door After:

Passenger Door Before:

Passenger Door After:

MOAR:

Comment

Re: Matts06GT Progression (Some Badges Off!!) May 17, 2010 P

wow that sunroof scares me lol ive never seen a good picture of the sedan sun roofs open. looks good tho, debadge the rest of the trunk, and how much do you pay for apt rent there, looks pretty vacant.

Comment

wow that sunroof scares me lol ive never seen a good picture of the sedan sun roofs open. looks good tho, debadge the rest of the trunk, and how much do you pay for apt rent there, looks pretty vacant.
                              I love my sun roof!! It gets looks all the time!! Plus when you get a girl in the car, they always go nuts!! Plus Star gazing is a lot warmer!!

As for rent... I am at college and that is what we call an "8-Plex" which is pretty much an on campus apartment so the reason it is vacant is because everyone else has gone back home!! I am still here because I am still in training because qualified the 4x800 and 3000m Steeplechase for the National Track meet in Marion Indiana!! (also qualified the 1500 [mile] but I am not running it)!! I think it is something like $1300 for the year tho... (not sure on the price, but I think it is kinda expensive, but it works great for me because I only have to walk ~ 1 Block to the track / were we meet for practice!) Plus I live is South Dakota, everything here would be considered "Vacant" to normal people!!
                              Last edited by Matts06GT; 06-22-2011, 10:54 PM.

Comment

haha i just drove past the exit to Volga like 4 hours ago.......was on my way back from class in montana and just crossed back into illinois on I80.........which is mabey 6 hours from home or so.....i had already drove 1400 miles from class at the time............well they finally called me back to work on storm in Mandan, ND and as i was drivin up I29 i saw they sign for ur town so i was like " SO THATS where that is" lol. hopefully im done in ND in a month and get to get a new GXP coupe lol..............

Comment

Working...
                                X