Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Matts06GT Progression - Got a Much Needed Clean!! (pg.19)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Matts06GT Progression (Pics Page #1)

Originally posted by Matts06GT
    Well since it is a Mother F'ing Blizzard here, Looks like I know what I am doing tomorrow!! We are predicted 8-18 inches over the next 3 days!!!
    Sounds like you'll have other things to worry about than a debadge... LOL

Originally posted by BAMBAMM
    I'm about the best wingman in the San Joaquin Valley...........I'm the guy that will hit on the ugly friend, so you can swoop in and bag the hottie friend.

Comment

I am a car man!! I'm not doing anything but debadging!! I sure ain't going out side!!!

My Progression---------------------Crimson Crusade---------------------Why Do I Run?
      Originally posted by wzbhnn
      We all like different looks, that's why we mod!!

Comment

Ok Boys!!! Here it goes!! My Progression might extend to like 5-6 pages!! Here it goes:

Bought these: (Pics from G6Kid - A little dirty)

Heat gun will fix these:

Lets see them up close with all the problems:

Primer everywhere (PITA):

Cracks:

View of the better one: (How do I get this thing out? The first one was easy, but it was broken!)

Now for the fixing: (Structual Adhesive, 80 grit to help the adhesive, 400 grit to sand down for repainting)

Remedy for Primer on Lens:

So here is the questions I have...

1.) How do I get the basil out of the lens?? I removed the screws but it is stuck in there!! The broken one came out easy!!

2.) Do I need a special paint since this isn't metal? (something like a plastic fusion?)

3.) Where can I find the adhesive to glue these back together?

4.) Since the plan is to put in White high and low Halo's and Audi style LED's how do I go about wiring them?? (I am no electrician )
        (I might get the halo's from oracle or Unique Coatings or make my own!!) (I am sure I will be contacting bluegtp33 alot very soon)

What do you think??

My Progression---------------------Crimson Crusade---------------------Why Do I Run?

Comment

Re: Matts06GT Progression (Headlight Project Pg. 2) 3/19/10

Looks like a plan, good luck!

Comment

those are gonna look killer
            ............... My cardomain page ................. My facebook page ...............

Comment

They look great!

Can you operate the LEDs and Halos independent from eachother?

Comment

Originally posted by Tupperware SC2
                They look great!

Can you operate the LEDs and Halos independent from eachother?
                I think those are just ideas he has for them... not actually done yet...

Originally posted by Matts06GT

So here is the questions I have...

1.) How do I get the basil out of the lens?? I removed the screws but it is stuck in there!! The broken one came out easy!!
                Brake it too!!! j/k There are 3 clips on the top part, using a flat head pop apart from the lens... then just pull apart from the lens... it'll help if you hold the bezel with one hand and the edge (bottom) of the lens with the other.
                2.) Do I need a special paint since this isn't metal? (something like a plastic fusion?)
                I used the Krylon fusion for plastic on the housings and regular on the bezels... I should have used it on both... it adheres WAY better!
                3.) Where can I find the adhesive to glue these back together?

4.) Since the plan is to put in White high and low Halo's and Audi style LED's how do I go about wiring them?? (I am no electrician )
                I would use a seperate switch to power these on and off.

Originally posted by BAMBAMM
                I'm about the best wingman in the San Joaquin Valley...........I'm the guy that will hit on the ugly friend, so you can swoop in and bag the hottie friend.

Comment

THAT...IS....AWESOME wat it u put the audi style leds up top it would be different any mayb cooler
                  Cold air intake, racingline engine mounts, painted engine cover, tinted tail lights, resonator delete, red and black calipers, Flowmaster 50 series, black upper recessed grills,cobalt ss/tc rims, massive audio nano 800w amp, pioneer A series 460W speakers, pioneer double din touch screen headunit and debadge[color=#FF0000][

My Progression:http://www.g6performance.com/forum/s...;s+progression
                  JOIN FOREVERPONTIAC.COM...NOW!!!!!!

Comment

do what pacino said, everyone else isn't concerned with your issues lol with all the, that's gonna look good comments

Those are pretty damaged, going to be a ton of repair work but with enough time and patience they'll be looking great again. Keep us updated!!
                    TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

Originally posted by killiger2009
                      THAT...IS....AWESOME wat it u put the audi style leds up top it would be different any mayb cooler
                      I thought about that, but if you look I have a painted on eye lid, so putting the LED's up there wouldn't work!!

I haven't got the halo's or LED's yet, I plan to put them both in, I am going to work out the kinks first!!

I am still trying to decide what LED to use... I was thinking maybe an SMD?? (I could paint the white plastic part, but cutting a square hole would be tough, it would be much easier to just drill a round hole!!)

I was also wondering... Would I use a circuit board for the LED's or just wire??

Comment

Bump: I have been really busy lately, but I did get the lens clear of all primer, now time for some sanding of the bezels!!

Comment

Today I removed all the primer from the lenses and sanded down the bezels.

Sorry I don't have pics yet, but... Structural Adhesive is drying and will be ready for sanding tomorrow (If I have time)!! Then I will apply bondo on the small pin holes from the former paint bubbles and any unsmooth areas from the Adhesive. Tell me what ya think!!

Comment

something about this loooks all to familiar, oh, that's cause I did my passenger side headlamp tonight, took it apart, cleaned it all out. cleaned off all the channels and pits and put it back together, it's drying now.
                            "I put the Giggity into Each and Every Thread"

2009 Performance Red Metallic G6, Progression Page

Comment

Very Quality!! Have you done this before?? For future reference, how do you keep them from leaking??

Comment

Who makes these headlights and for how much?? I like them wayyyy better with the LED's going up the side

MY PROGRESSION- viewtopic.php?f=119&t=26123

Comment

Working...
                                X