Fog lamps always on?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bristol16
    here is the write-up i put on another forum. i guess it can be made a how-to if you want since the fog light button bothers so many people:

it can be easily done, just not using the stock switch. since the switch on the dash is a 'momentary' switch you just bypass it. you can quickly and safely wire the fog lights to turn on with the headlights using a relay and some wiring if you know what wires to go after.

i think the headlights and foglights should have negative triggers and i drew that diagram accordingly. of course i have been up all night so someone can feel free to correct me if that drawing doesn't look right.

it's pretty easy though, just give the foglights a new ground, and wire them through the relay. have the relay turn on when the headlights are turned on and everyone is happy
    So, does this wiring setup turn the fog lamps on only when the headlights are on? Does it disable the factory fog light switch? I am trying to come up with a way to use the fog lights as the DRL's so I can install HID's. However, I still want to retain normal fog light functionality (ie. be able to turn them on/off with the switch when my headlights are on)

Comment

that diagram i drew up is so that anytime i the headlights come on the foglights come on with them. that is the only thing that changes. you can still turn them on and off without the headlights on but you can not turn them off with the headlights on.

the only problem i see is are the stock DRLs low or high beams? cause if they are low beams the fogs will come on with them unless you turn the DRLs off manually or have them disabled.

Comment

Working...
      X