what the hell is this peice???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what the hell is this peice???

alright so theres a rattling noise from under my hood when i drive. at first i thought it was the plastic cover over the fuses so i took that out and it was still there so then i took the battery cover off and the noise is still there. then i looked and theres a plastic tube that runs from like the grill into the battery area. now im pretty sure thats making the noise cuz wen i move it with my hand it makes the same noise i hear when i drive. does anyone know what that peice is for??? can i just take it out???

Re: what the hell is this peice???

pics?

Remember if "the" and "and" are spelled right its not a genuine Ahuhn post

Dear God, please send clothes to all those poor ladies in Daddy's computer. Amen.
    Originally posted by snowmanG6
    you would try to tape a poptart to her then give her a bag a skittles and tell her to fart a rainbow

Comment

It's a channel that allows for air flow across the battery and misc. electrics. Your battery heats up during driving and this allows it to stay cool.
      106,000 MILES!
      There are gateway drugs... and then gateway mods. BOTH ARE ADDICTING WATCH THE F*** OUT!
      Now that I'm done with college, I realize how boring everyday life is.

Comment

cool thanks. its very annoying tho!! i gota do something about it!

Comment

Originally posted by 06joegt
          cool thanks. its very annoying tho!! i gota do something about it!
          Remove it!!

Its incredible that the battery has a direct air intake thru the grill but the engine have to snake around to do the same.

Comment

a turnip?
            My Cardomain Page

20% all around black tint, 17” black MSR-040 rims, red calipers, 3rd brake overlay, tinted tails, black emblem overlays, front & rear Alpine speakers, 2-10" Alpine subs, 500 watt Rockford Fosgate amp
            Mods planned soon: On hold for now
            Future Mods: 18" MSR's, 6000K HIDs, Interior LED's, Metra kit w/ Alpine CDE-102
            Originally posted by 1BADG6GT
            LOL. Freakin Sara... you and your AWESOME Gyna!!!

Comment

Originally posted by vballchic1023
              a turnip?
              We have a winner! It's officially a turnip.
              2015 Chevy SS, Perfect Blue Metallic, Sunroof, No Spare, M6
              Appearance: Full LED Conversion, 6000L D3S HID Bulbs, Holden Rear and Front Embloms
              Go Stuff: Diablew 93 Octane Tune

Missed and not forgotten. Traded.
              2005 CGM GTO.
              386whp, 364ft-lb torque, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Tuning, K&N Intake, VX Tails, Halo Projectors
              2009 G8 GT SRM Premium Package, 6000K LED + HID Lows, Factory Bluetooth Retrofit, Atari Gauges, Factory iPod Control, 93 Octane Diablew Tune, Vararam Intake, MBR Strut Bar, Corsa Catback, DBA 4000SX Slotted + Drilled Rotors, Hawk Ceramic Pads.

Comment

Originally posted by WoodburyMan
                Originally posted by vballchic1023
                a turnip?
                We have a winner! It's officially a turnip.
                How much more random could that have been????

Comment

Sounds like there was either alcohol involved here, or she had another blond moment

It's not about how fast you get to your destination, it's about how you many heads
                  you turn when you get there...

My Progression Page
                  CarDomainMySpace

Comment

Originally posted by SmartGTP
                    Its incredible that the battery has a direct air intake thru the grill but the engine have to snake around to do the same.
                    That's the Pontiac G6 version of Ram Air Induction.

Comment

'08 G8 GT... 1 7/8" Kooks Blue Ceramic Coated Long tube Headers... 3" Xpipe...Magnaflow axle backs...Rotofab CAI...Heater hose relocate. Ported throttle body, intake manifold, Custom grind cam 227/237 .620/.604 LSA 113 +3, Circle D 3200 stall, 3.45 rear gear,Tuned by Redline
                      Dyno 438 WHP 415 WTQ

'15 Chevy SS Some Like It Hot Red Holden Grill & trunk badge... Solo performance axle backs... Rotofab Intake, Mobile attractions front splitter

Comment

Working...
                      X