X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3.5L or 3.9L or Ecotec

Do the poll or you will E-die!!!- Moderator

Everyone:
    I'm posting this in the Group Buy forum because I am currently working on getting some performance parts made for our cars. The company has asked me to Figure out what percentages of our members own either the 3.5L or the 3.9L engines. The company has purchased a 3.5L G6 and is willing to make products for both. If I can get as many members as possible to post weather you have the 3.5L or the 3.9L this could greatly help our efforts to get some products made. This company seems to make products such as headers, and exhausts and other performance products. They have also requested that I take some pictures of my 3.9L under the hood and the underside of the car so they can get a rough idea of the differences and what they are working with. I plan on getting these out to them within the next few days. I'll Start the list. Just add your name, and this does not lock you into any group buy for any products. It's just to see how many members have a 3.5L and how many have a 3.9L. Thanks Everyone!
    3.5L
    13.95%
    3.9L
    41.16%
    Ecotec!
    19.73%
    3.5 VVT
    13.61%
    3.6 HF
    11.56%
    Redline Elite Quicklift Kit
    GT-R Exhaust System
    K&N Typhoon CAB
    EBC Slotted/Cross Dimpled Front/Rear Rotors
    EBC RedStuff Front/Rear Pads

Originally posted by Toyz
    Originally posted by simplyred
    what do you guys think about switching up the teams again?!
    As long as i dont have to catch, i am all for it!

Comment

Mine - 2006 Black Grand Prix GXP

Comment

-Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

Comment

Originally posted by G6Performance
          Pimpmaster Coupe...

3.9L here :!:
          2008 Chevy Cobalt SS/TC

Comment

3.9 baby!
            "The Milwaukee Mile 5"

Comment

3.5 will eat your 3.9's
              TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

I have a three point five
                2005 G6 V6 in granite metallic, Kenwood DDX6019 touch screen DVD radio, 2 12" Kicker Solo-Baric L7s, Dynamat, Orion 2400 amp, Power Acoustik 4F cap, XBOX 360, Chrome window trim, Quicklift kit

Comment

3.5L - I'm more interested in looks than I am performance or else I probably would've coughed up the extra cash for the added hp.

I've had the car since New Years Eve and my planned mods will eventually include: 20% tint all the way around, chrome rims, lowering springs, and possibly ground effects if a decent set ever makes it way to the market. I'm not a fan of the Razzi ground effects because the bottom of the front skirt is quite a bit shorter than the side skirts and that just looks odd in my opinion.

Sorry I got a little off the track of the conversation, but I've had a few drinks of Grand Marnier on the rocks. w00t w00t

Kevin.
                  -Kevin
                  2006 G6 Sedan GT (12/31/2005 - 11/5/2006. RIP)
                  2007 G6 Sedan GTP (finally arrived 1/9/2007)

Comment

I agree with shadowlab, either engine the car is still awesome. As for the lip kit I think it looks nice but I'll be waiting for other companies to come out with some good stuff. Hopefully RKSport comes out with some mods soon.
                    TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

They want pictures to see the differences between the 3.5 and the 3.9? You can tell them that it's a completely different engine. It's not bored out, but completely different.

I should have gotten pictures of my 3.9 when the dealership had it all in pieces.

sigpic
                      Mobil 1 | Doctorspeed Stage 3 & 4 CAI | CRABS | Sacchi S45 245 Black 18" Rims | 6000k HID Headlights + Fogs | GT-R Exhaust | 20% Tint | Pioneer AppRadio 2

Comment

It definitely has its differences but I wouldn't go as far as saying its completely different.

Comment

Originally posted by LoJac963
                          It definitely has its differences but I wouldn't go as far as saying its completely different.
                          The things that the 3900 and 3500 have in common:

1.) Made by General Motors
                          2.) 60degree v6
                          3.) They both use gasoline
                          4.) Both are pushrod, although the 3900 has VVT
                          5.) Aluminum head, iron block, although they use different blocks.

http://media.gm.com/us/powertrain/en/pr ... %20%20(LZ9).pdf

Notice where it is stated:

- All new engine
                          - New 60 Degree offset bore engine block
                          - First use of variable valve timing in a cam-in-block engine
                          - piston cooling oil jets

The 3900 has nothing to do with the 3500, which is based off of the old 3400/3100/2800 block.

sigpic
                          Mobil 1 | Doctorspeed Stage 3 & 4 CAI | CRABS | Sacchi S45 245 Black 18" Rims | 6000k HID Headlights + Fogs | GT-R Exhaust | 20% Tint | Pioneer AppRadio 2

Comment

I'm more worried about looks than performance. Things like gas miliage are important to me so I'm not filling up more than I have to. Also if there were a ton of parts available for the 3.9 to really boost the horsepower I may have considered it. IMO I would have been happier with a charged 3.8 rather than a 3.9?!?!
                            Originally posted by Toyz
                            Originally posted by simplyred
                            what do you guys think about switching up the teams again?!
                            As long as i dont have to catch, i am all for it!

Comment

Engine displacement

Jay
                              '06-G6-V6

Comment

Working...
                              X