This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Plus 1,2,3 tire size conversion

Here is a link that you input stock tire/rim size vs. plus sizing to figure out how much if any your speedometer is off!! Might want to make this a sticky or something in another section?!

http://www.miata.net/garage/tirecalc.html
    Originally posted by Toyz
    Originally posted by simplyred
    what do you guys think about switching up the teams again?!
    As long as i dont have to catch, i am all for it!

Another Option

I found the one at 1010Tire to be a little "nicer". YMMV.

Trust me, I'm a professional!

Comment

I know its been posted somewhere but I couldnt find the stupid thing. I want to order 235?17 Stock is 50 what does the 50 measure? So if I want, wider, thiner tires what size would that be or whats the conversion?
      BCG Member #1::G6er Elite

Comment

50 is the aspect ratio. Basically, it means that the height of the sidewall is 50% of the width of the tire.

sigpic
        Mobil 1 | Doctorspeed Stage 3 & 4 CAI | CRABS | Sacchi S45 245 Black 18" Rims | 6000k HID Headlights + Fogs | GT-R Exhaust | 20% Tint | Pioneer AppRadio 2

Comment

cool thanks. So think 235/40/17 would work or should i do 45? And what is that measuring 235 what, I know its width but is it in centimeters? What is it measure with?
          BCG Member #1::G6er Elite

Comment

The 235 is the width in mm.

I can't tell you which to go with, but that tool linked to on the top of this thread can give you good advice. Wider/shorter usually = better handling

sigpic
            Mobil 1 | Doctorspeed Stage 3 & 4 CAI | CRABS | Sacchi S45 245 Black 18" Rims | 6000k HID Headlights + Fogs | GT-R Exhaust | 20% Tint | Pioneer AppRadio 2

Comment

What possible combinations in sizes can I use on my GTP?
              I was thinking if stock is 225-50-18 I could use these combinations.

235-40 lower
              215-60 higher
              235-45 about equal
              235-55 higher

This combos are just for fitment and not speedo correction. Also, I noted that I can tuck way bigger tires in the back than the front.

Does anyone had tried these?

Comment

Blackrider has 235-50R18s on his car. They're out by 1.5% according to the above calculator

Comment

I have the same tire size... I'm running about 4-5 mph faster than my spedometer says...

Comment

then why would you get that size tire?

750WHP Magnacharged GTO.....WTF!
                    TVS2300 GTO, Innovators West 8" Overdrive Pulley, ECS Tensioner, SD tuned by Andrew at Complete street performance, Ed Curtis custom Lunati camshaft 230/236 .6XX/.6XX 113 LSA, Hardened Pushrods, Lunati .675 lift Valve Springs, Single Walbro 255 fuel pump in stock bucket, Kooks 1 7/8 Jet hot coated Headers , Kooks 3" catless mid pipes with DMH low pro electric cutouts, Spintech 2.5" stainless steel exhaust with X pipe, Carbon fiber Cold air box with AEM air filter, Billet products short shifter, JamesBiz Oil catch can, Pedders 5/16" raise springs with drag bags, Weld RTS Black with Hoosiers
                    Show
                    -20% tint
                    -bohaman AUX-in radio mod
                    -Professionally heated seats

Comment

Something very peculiar....availabilty!!

The stock size is quite hard to find. I even plan to have 2 tires sitting at my garage just in case!!

Comment

Other than speedometer error and altered handling, different tire size also affects acceleration and braking performance.

Comment

Originally posted by leong6gtp
                          then why would you get that size tire?
                          Well... First cuz they're way better than the 'summer only performance' tires imo. Second, cuz they have more tread and last longer than the stock. And lastly, cuz they looked bad ass on my car!

It's actually to MY benefit that my calibration is off the way it is. As much driving as I do, I can use a little help. It's actually reading LESS miles than what I'm actually driving, so I'm not going to complain about that... If I could drive backwards for about 10,000 miles I'd be happy.

But it WAS difficult finding my 'stock' size, so I went with something that would last a little longer and hug the road a little better in all types of weather... They're awesome in the rain. The Summer Only Performance ones that came on it were horrible in the rain...

SUPPOSEDLY the only tires that are approved by Pontiac for the GTP, because of the suspension being different, are Z rated tires. And that was a Z rated tire...

Comment

Other tire size calculator

This one allows you to enter several sizes and gives a nice comparison table

Comment

Re: Plus 1,2,3 tire size conversion

anybody know of a calculator that will if you enter your current tire size will tell you what size tire you need to change too if you change rim size

ie
                              i have 225/50 R18 and want to know what size tires to put on a 16inch rim to get close to the same size to not mess up the speedo

edit

never mind my dumb ass figured out 225/60R16 's are with in 1% of what i have

one more edit
                              i found this site
                              http://www.dsm.org/tools/tiresize.htm

you enter your stock size and it will give you all your options to be as close to original as possible from 13inch rims up to 19 inch

Remember if "the" and "and" are spelled right its not a genuine Ahuhn post

Dear God, please send clothes to all those poor ladies in Daddy's computer. Amen.
                              Originally posted by snowmanG6
                              you would try to tape a poptart to her then give her a bag a skittles and tell her to fart a rainbow

Comment

Working...
                              X