Went to the strip again (HELP!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Went to the strip again (HELP!)

1BADG6R and me went down to the local strip again. My fastest was 14.842 @91.793 and Barry ran a 14.599 @ 96.136. Barry's got a drop in K&N and I've got alot more (check out my sig). We both have 2007 3.6 sedan's and I am totally lost on how a stock 6er is kicking my ass... Can anyone explain this to me? I even removed my spare with a 1/4 tank vs. his spare in and a full tank. Mine does have I believe 2x,xxx more miles on it, but I wouldn't think that would have that much effect.
    My Car Domain
    Vector 93 ECM/TCM Dyno tune, Michelin Pilot Sport A/S Plus 235/50/18 , RacingLine Motor Mounts & Strut Bar, R1 Premium drilled rotors, Custom Exhaust w/ 4" tips, Inchannel Rain Guards, Crabs CAB & Front Pipe Upgrade, GXP rear bumper, 15% Ceramic Tint, Blue Calipers, Blue Dart Overlays, Upper Window & Lower Grill Chrome, Side GTP Emblems, Chrome Door Locks, 8k HID Head & Fogs, Pioneer Head Unit, Rockford Door Speakers

Re: Went to the strip again (HELP!)

Vector 93 ECM/TCM tune Has this tune been tested? like on a Dyno?

Intake Manifold Insulator What are these actually doing... i know what they said they do but between you and me nothing has been DYNO Tested

RacingLine Motor Mounts Good Mod!

Custom Exhaust w/ 4" tips Hate to say it but this may be hurting you more than helping you GTR Always says how people loose torque with "Custom" setups... this may be Proof Positive!

Crabs CAB & Front Pipe Upgrade Unless you have a MPD Hood or the Snorkel that was created you are just sucking HOT engine air... hot air makes the car run lean.

if you are not 100% sure about the tune, intake and exhaust then the combo may be actually stealing your power. it may sound nice but that does not mean that you are gaining performance.

Just my opinion...

Comment

Crabs CAB & Front Pipe Upgrade Unless you have a MPD Hood or the Snorkel that was created you are just sucking HOT engine air... hot air makes the car run lean.

What im just about to buy a crab intake for my 06 gtp coupe? guess im not now?. i thought that was what the cab was for heat sheild? lampoon?
      Mods: Intake resonator removed GTR Exhaust 30% Tint Front 15% Back Crab Intake WAMS 93 octane tune RLP street motor mounts, Debaged, Destriped, and Dashhawk. Infinity Kappa door speakers, Kicker cvx 12, Pioneer AVH-3200 BT Deck, Kicker 700.5 amp

Comment

Hey just try what I did......move the MAF to the inner fender. All you have to do is extend the wires...its not a big deal. But youll register cooler air and your car will feel a little more peppy... (at least it did with me)

Comment

Well are you both the same weight or are you bigger then him? I only ask b/c that sound's like the time's that me and my friend were geting in mine. He would get like a 14.6 and i was geting 14.8, me being the bigger guy LOL. Also did you remove your sound system? He might have sticky'er tire's. He might know a better RPM to launch at. Did you run through the water? But it sound's like to me, with all the work you'v done your tune isn't right for your set up.

The stock motor need's the right amount of back presure to work right. Those time's i posted were just an intake. after i hacked my exaust off and back on the $h1ty stock sl2's it went up a full sec to a 15.6. So like others said it could be your exaust (even though i think your car dose sound great)

Ive been looking at the flowmaster 60 series delta flow for 4-6 cylinder's and im gonna leave the resanator on, hope'n to get the back presure back up.
          G6 GTP 07 3.6L, 6spd manumatic,Custom intake, dropped, on 20"s, debadged.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3169011

Comment

I ran a 14.4 with a vms 93 tune, hsrk, cab and fmp and a GMPP exhaust with F1's.

2009 Liquid Red G8GT
            4 door mafia
            93 octane VMS ecm/tcm tune
            8000k hid's
            Solo Mach Shorty & HFC's
            Rotofab cai and radiator cover
            13.207@107.11
            330 hp/328 tq on a Mustang dyno

Comment

He has the ls2, weighs about 50 less pounds then me, my system and spare is out. He doesn launch just punches it, I usually launch but have tried both ways. It seems as though we're both about even until we hit 3rd and he just creeps away. Is this more apt to be a tuning issue? Last time I went my times were pretty much the same and I have added the tcm and the modded ecm to my car. If this is an issue with my exhaust can tunning help adjust it?
              My Car Domain
              Vector 93 ECM/TCM Dyno tune, Michelin Pilot Sport A/S Plus 235/50/18 , RacingLine Motor Mounts & Strut Bar, R1 Premium drilled rotors, Custom Exhaust w/ 4" tips, Inchannel Rain Guards, Crabs CAB & Front Pipe Upgrade, GXP rear bumper, 15% Ceramic Tint, Blue Calipers, Blue Dart Overlays, Upper Window & Lower Grill Chrome, Side GTP Emblems, Chrome Door Locks, 8k HID Head & Fogs, Pioneer Head Unit, Rockford Door Speakers

Comment

Did you bring your Power Flash with you to the track so you could log your parameters? If you think you are loosing power up top and he's pulling away in 3rd gear, that wouldn't indicate to me that your exhaust is causing that. It seems as though you're not putting out HP. You need to do some logging of your runs and post them so we can get a better idea of how well your tune is dialed in.
                2007 Black GTP w/ Taupe interior - SOLD 2/29/2012
                1/4: 14.341 @ 97.29 mph

Comment

Originally posted by 07GTPBlackAndTan
                  Did you bring your Power Flash with you to the track so you could log your parameters? If you think you are loosing power up top and he's pulling away in 3rd gear, that wouldn't indicate to me that your exhaust is causing that. It seems as though you're not putting out HP. You need to do some logging of your runs and post them so we can get a better idea of how well your tune is dialed in.
                  I think I'm going again this next friday. Do I just start the ecm programmer right before I make a run? I did do a log with my dash hawk but it only does like 5 parameters.
                  My Car Domain

Comment

Originally posted by 2007blueg6gtp
                    Originally posted by 07GTPBlackAndTan
                    I think I'm going again this next friday. Do I just start the ecm programmer right before I make a run? I did do a log with my dash hawk but it only does like 5 parameters.
                    Yeah, you just have the laptop on the passenger seat and click the Start button right after you set your stage light. I recommend going ahead and setting your stage before the other guy to make sure you have enough time to react to the light tree. Good luck!
                    2007 Black GTP w/ Taupe interior - SOLD 2/29/2012
                    1/4: 14.341 @ 97.29 mph

Comment

Did you remove the rear Muffler/Resonator for the exhaust? Every1 i see that has the topics/threads seem to get beaten mith their "custom" exhaust. I removed the resonator off the back of my car and idk it seems more sluggish at high RPMS then it did with the original resonator.

GTR do you know?

Comment

Originally posted by ThatAttGuy
                        Did you remove the rear Muffler/Resonator for the exhaust? Every1 i see that has the topics/threads seem to get beaten mith their "custom" exhaust. I removed the resonator off the back of my car and idk it seems more sluggish at high RPMS then it did with the original resonator.

GTR do you know?
                        I did remove the stock res and replaced it with round straight through 12"
                        My Car Domain

Comment

Originally posted by ThatAttGuy

GTR do you know?

FYI the resonater is just after the cats and the muffler is in the rear. I didnt have any issues when I had both.

2009 Liquid Red G8GT
                          4 door mafia
                          93 octane VMS ecm/tcm tune
                          8000k hid's
                          Solo Mach Shorty & HFC's
                          Rotofab cai and radiator cover
                          13.207@107.11
                          330 hp/328 tq on a Mustang dyno

Comment

Well i don't rember exactly what speed we hit in third but i know it's atleast 60-80 mph you could be geting drag from that new bumper. it dose hang down lower then the rest of the body work (look's great though).That's why most race cars rear bumper's are higher then the rest of the car and the perpous(<wow i cant spell lol) of a rear diffuser. But it is probably a combo of problems the biggest problem being that your "performance" part's arn't really working together. Second you have atleast 50lbs extra weight which may not sound like much but if he could get that much weight off he would probaby be hiting a 14.3 . Plus the added drag and im sure you can think of some other thing's that might make your car hevy'er then his.

Try geting a lighter driver to race your car for you atleast once mabey even get him to go agin and switch car's for one run. ( just to make sure that's not the problem)
                            G6 GTP 07 3.6L, 6spd manumatic,Custom intake, dropped, on 20"s, debadged.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3169011

Comment

My Malibu runs mid 14's on *87* octane.
                              Chris White
                              http://www.GTOShiftLight.com
                              2006 Spice Red GTO - Stock
                              2012 CTS-V 1 of 57 Custom IPC/BCM/Radio Corsa/LPE CAI
                              2012 Cherokee SRT8 - Stockish
                              2013 SRX - Custom IPC, BCM and CUE
                              2013 XTS Platinum - Custom IPC

Comment

Working...
                              X