Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Went to the strip again (HELP!)

Originally posted by 2007blueg6gtp
    Would the logs i did for kirk where i just had the ignition on show this? Or would a log from the track be better?
    Moving logs are always more accurate and will be different than a standing logs.
    2007 Black GTP w/ Taupe interior - SOLD 2/29/2012
    1/4: 14.341 @ 97.29 mph

Comment

Originally posted by 07GTPBlackAndTan
      Would the logs i did for kirk where i just had the ignition on show this? Or would a log from the track be better?
      Moving logs are always more accurate and will be different than a standing logs.
      If something is wrong with my car what would it most likely be? The only thing that makes me feel like something is wrong with it is my track times... and i can't take it to the dealership and tell them that. Next time I go to the track which might be friday I'll be sure to get a log.
      My Car Domain
      Vector 93 ECM/TCM Dyno tune, Michelin Pilot Sport A/S Plus 235/50/18 , RacingLine Motor Mounts & Strut Bar, R1 Premium drilled rotors, Custom Exhaust w/ 4" tips, Inchannel Rain Guards, Crabs CAB & Front Pipe Upgrade, GXP rear bumper, 15% Ceramic Tint, Blue Calipers, Blue Dart Overlays, Upper Window & Lower Grill Chrome, Side GTP Emblems, Chrome Door Locks, 8k HID Head & Fogs, Pioneer Head Unit, Rockford Door Speakers

Comment

If something is wrong with my car what would it most likely be? The only thing that makes me feel like something is wrong with it is my track times... and i can't take it to the dealership and tell them that. Next time I go to the track which might be friday I'll be sure to get a log.
        If you are running even with him through to 3rd gear then it's possible you're running lean up top. I don't think you have something mechanically wrong that would require a dealer visit. Just take a deep breath, capture your logs and worry about it when you have the data. Also, if you have a HSRK, do a run without it (ie. hook up stock stuff instead) and see how that impacts your data.

Comment

Kirk is taking another look at my logging, I left a message for him telling him I could take a logging while going down the strip and i could also take a trip up to him shop for a dyno. He supposed to give me a call back, but if he doesn't by later today I'll give him a call so I can explain what's going on at the track. I don't have a hsrk, I'm running the crab front pipe upgrade, heat shield covered with heat insulation wrap, a large K&N filter, and I also put some of the insulation wrap on my MAF. Are you thinking that I should run a log how I am now and then put my stock pipe and filter box on and run a log that way also? I really hate to spend my time at the track putting all my stock stuff back on.
          My Car Domain
          Vector 93 ECM/TCM Dyno tune, Michelin Pilot Sport A/S Plus 235/50/18 , RacingLine Motor Mounts & Strut Bar, R1 Premium drilled rotors, Custom Exhaust w/ 4" tips, Inchannel Rain Guards, Crabs CAB & Front Pipe Upgrade, GXP rear bumper, 15% Ceramic Tint, Blue Calipers, Blue Dart Overlays, Upper Window & Lower Grill Chrome, Side GTP Emblems, Chrome Door Locks, 8k HID Head & Fogs, Pioneer Head Unit, Rockford Door Speakers

Comment

Kirk is taking another look at my logging, I left a message for him telling him I could take a logging while going down the strip and i could also take a trip up to him shop for a dyno. He supposed to give me a call back, but if he doesn't by later today I'll give him a call so I can explain what's going on at the track. I don't have a hsrk, I'm running the crab front pipe upgrade, heat shield covered with heat insulation wrap, a large K&N filter, and I also put some of the insulation wrap on my MAF. Are you thinking that I should run a log how I am now and then put my stock pipe and filter box on and run a log that way also? I really hate to spend my time at the track putting all my stock stuff back on.
            Oh, no no, don't worry about changing that. There is data to show that HSRK are causing timing to be pulled on the 3.6L, so I wanted to see if we could get some data from the track with sudden increase in air flow, etc. See what Kirk says and then if you go back to the track, run the logs. That'll be like running on a dyno, as you are actually moving with resistance, etc. It's exactly how your car runs when you race it, because you are

Comment

Oh, no no, don't worry about changing that. There is data to show that HSRK are causing timing to be pulled on the 3.6L, so I wanted to see if we could get some data from the track with sudden increase in air flow, etc. See what Kirk says and then if you go back to the track, run the logs. That'll be like running on a dyno, as you are actually moving with resistance, etc. It's exactly how your car runs when you race it, because you are
              Ok I gotcha. Should I preload it to 1500 or 2000 like i usually do or do a reg start for logging?
              My Car Domain

Comment

Ok I gotcha. Should I preload it to 1500 or 2000 like i usually do or do a reg start for logging?
                You're doing more than 1 run, so try both.

Comment

Sounds good. Since the strip is really long I'll see if I can get it up to 110 or higher.
                  My Car Domain

Comment

Man i hope this work's for ya im really interested in seeing the outcome. Keep us updated and good luck. And if you get some hard facts you should post them up in the 3.6l sticky.
                    G6 GTP 07 3.6L, 6spd manumatic,Custom intake, dropped, on 20"s, debadged.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3169011

Comment

Ok so here's the deal, I have two choices, one I can take a trip/vacation (which I wouldn't mind getting away for a weekend) and going up to vectors shop and have my car dyno'd for $75. Or my second choice would be to take it to the strip and run a logging while making a run, and then send it to him for editing the tune that way. Which do you think I should do?
                      My Car Domain

Comment

Ok so here's the deal, I have two choices, one I can take a trip/vacation (which I wouldn't mind getting away for a weekend) and going up to vectors shop and have my car dyno'd for $75. Or my second choice would be to take it to the strip and run a logging while making a run, and then send it to him for editing the tune that way. Which do you think I should do?
                        No brainer, I drove there from Chicago and meet someone from ohio 2 years ago. I like to make sure everything is right. We also played with timing alittle while we dynoed, it wasn't just a stock tune plug in. Maybe thats why my car is fast as hell.
                        07 3.6 GTP sedan 1/8 9.1 @ 76.9 1/4 14.19 @ 97.4 muffler delete, dyno tune, intake, ported tb
                        FWHP 230hp/235tq mustang dyno (before exhaust and ported TB)
                        "I tell everybody its my wifes car!"

Comment

Originally posted by 3.6gtp
                          No brainer, I drove there from Chicago and meet someone from ohio 2 years ago. I like to make sure everything is right. We also played with timing alittle while we dynoed, it wasn't just a stock tune plug in. Maybe thats why my car is fast as hell.
                          Ya I already made my appointment and booked a VERY nice hotel for the weekend! It's still almost a month before I go tho...
                          My Car Domain

Comment

Originally posted by 3.6gtp
                            Ya I already made my appointment and booked a VERY nice hotel for the weekend! It's still almost a month before I go tho...
                            Take notes bro and ask questions like what he had to adjust. If this turns out well, I may just ask if I can sell the PowerFlash back to them and have them dyno it. Since I have my stock ECM, the powerflash only helped because I was so far away. But if that's what it takes to get the best, I'll do it.

Comment

I will and plan to get a vid of the dyno also.
                              My Car Domain

Comment

Working...
                              X