Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Went to the strip again (HELP!)

Originally posted by GTPprix
    My Malibu runs mid 14's on *87* octane.. But hey at least you guys got those fancy cables (with none of the experience needed to do anything with them).
    Well if you were more professional and not so rude I would have bought from you...I'm still glad I didn't because of remarks like these. Vector has given me the best service I could ask for and I know will help me figure out what the problem is.
    My Car Domain
    Vector 93 ECM/TCM Dyno tune, Michelin Pilot Sport A/S Plus 235/50/18 , RacingLine Motor Mounts & Strut Bar, R1 Premium drilled rotors, Custom Exhaust w/ 4" tips, Inchannel Rain Guards, Crabs CAB & Front Pipe Upgrade, GXP rear bumper, 15% Ceramic Tint, Blue Calipers, Blue Dart Overlays, Upper Window & Lower Grill Chrome, Side GTP Emblems, Chrome Door Locks, 8k HID Head & Fogs, Pioneer Head Unit, Rockford Door Speakers

Comment

If you want to get into customer relation stuff, ask these guys about Vector.. they didn't have such a good time with them. Everyone has a different story.
      2015 Chevy SS, Perfect Blue Metallic, Sunroof, No Spare, M6
      Appearance: Full LED Conversion, 6000L D3S HID Bulbs, Holden Rear and Front Embloms
      Go Stuff: Diablew 93 Octane Tune

Missed and not forgotten. Traded.
      2005 CGM GTO.
      386whp, 364ft-lb torque, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Tuning, K&N Intake, VX Tails, Halo Projectors
      2009 G8 GT SRM Premium Package, 6000K LED + HID Lows, Factory Bluetooth Retrofit, Atari Gauges, Factory iPod Control, 93 Octane Diablew Tune, Vararam Intake, MBR Strut Bar, Corsa Catback, DBA 4000SX Slotted + Drilled Rotors, Hawk Ceramic Pads.

Comment

There's always going to be some good and some bad when it comes to reviewing tuners. LS1 tuning is different than tuning a G6. I think it would be good to keep reviews for tuners specific to the 6 for equal comparison.

I have yet to see the same car do back to back comparisons of the Vector Tune vs. the WAMS tune. Once that is done, then can you declare who has the best tune. Until then, it's speculation.
        2007 Black GTP w/ Taupe interior - SOLD 2/29/2012
        1/4: 14.341 @ 97.29 mph

Comment

True, they are different engines entirely, but LSx based engines are WIDELY tuned and modded, and are way more popular than our random "unknown" engines.. making them relativly easy compared to our engines.
          2015 Chevy SS, Perfect Blue Metallic, Sunroof, No Spare, M6
          Appearance: Full LED Conversion, 6000L D3S HID Bulbs, Holden Rear and Front Embloms
          Go Stuff: Diablew 93 Octane Tune

Missed and not forgotten. Traded.
          2005 CGM GTO.
          386whp, 364ft-lb torque, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Tuning, K&N Intake, VX Tails, Halo Projectors
          2009 G8 GT SRM Premium Package, 6000K LED + HID Lows, Factory Bluetooth Retrofit, Atari Gauges, Factory iPod Control, 93 Octane Diablew Tune, Vararam Intake, MBR Strut Bar, Corsa Catback, DBA 4000SX Slotted + Drilled Rotors, Hawk Ceramic Pads.

Comment

Originally posted by 07GTPBlackAndTan
            There's always going to be some good and some bad when it comes to reviewing tuners. LS1 tuning is different than tuning a G6. I think it would be good to keep reviews for tuners specific to the 6 for equal comparison.

I have yet to see the same car do back to back comparisons of the Vector Tune vs. the WAMS tune. Once that is done, then can you declare who has the best tune. Until then, it's speculation.
            Thank you! Now how did Barry pull off a 14.599 with a K&N drop in? I didn't think that would be possible... Do I need to demod and go back to stock? lol I really wish I had taking my car to the track before I did anything to it.
            My Car Domain
            Vector 93 ECM/TCM Dyno tune, Michelin Pilot Sport A/S Plus 235/50/18 , RacingLine Motor Mounts & Strut Bar, R1 Premium drilled rotors, Custom Exhaust w/ 4" tips, Inchannel Rain Guards, Crabs CAB & Front Pipe Upgrade, GXP rear bumper, 15% Ceramic Tint, Blue Calipers, Blue Dart Overlays, Upper Window & Lower Grill Chrome, Side GTP Emblems, Chrome Door Locks, 8k HID Head & Fogs, Pioneer Head Unit, Rockford Door Speakers

Comment

Originally posted by G6GTP07
              Well i don't rember exactly what speed we hit in third but i know it's atleast 60-80 mph you could be geting drag from that new bumper. it dose hang down lower then the rest of the body work (look's great though).That's why most race cars rear bumper's are higher then the rest of the car and the perpous of a rear diffuser. But it is probably a combo of problems the biggest problem being that your "performance" part's arn't really working together. Second you have atleast 50lbs extra weight which may not sound like much but if he could get that much weight off he would probaby be hiting a 14.3 . Plus the added drag and im sure you can think of some other thing's that might make your car hevy'er then his.

Try geting a lighter driver to race your car for you atleast once mabey even get him to go agin and switch car's for one run. ( just to make sure that's not the problem)
              The rear bumper is a good point but I went a looked and it really doesn't hang down that much in the back. If you look at it level the exhaust and other stuff under there is clearly visible. Also with the weight issue, I'm guessing it about even since he left his spare in and had a full tank. It's got to be my performance mods fighting against each other. I'm going to talk to kirk and see what he thinks. I may take a trip to his shop and throw it up on the dyno.
              My Car Domain

Comment

Shift to third sooner than you think you need to. It gave me that extra ummf in the last couple hundred feet. Winding it all the way isn't always the best. Horsepower sells cars, Torque wins races.
                sigpic
                Custom 93 Dyno Tune, Red Painted K&N Intake, GT-R Exhaust, CMS Springs, Racingline STB + Race MMI's, Sacchi S45 Black Wheels, Hankook Ventus V12 245/45ZR18, Delete Intake Resonator, Mobil 1, Red Calipers, Body Color Matched Headlights/Engine/Battery Covers/Interior Trim, Debadged, Tinted Tails, AIT Hood, ZZP Shift Kit, R1 Concepts Rotors + Pads, Summit Racing Trans Cooler, Denso Iridium Plugs, 30% Tint, Suede Upholstered Steering Wheel, Rear STB

Comment

Originally posted by thestig
                  Shift to third sooner than you think you need to. It gave me that extra ummf in the last couple hundred feet. Winding it all the way isn't always the best. Horsepower sells cars, Torque wins races.
                  He's got the 3.6, so most likely using the auto. However, I would be interested in seeing how the times change with tap shift.

Comment

Originally posted by thestig
                    He's got the 3.6, so most likely using the auto. However, I would be interested in seeing how the times change with tap shift.[/q

The manumatic tran's shift's pretty good in auto. Every time ive try'ed to shift manualy i would get about a tenth of a sec higher time (could just be me im no expert). Also leave the traction control on if ya don't you will spin to much. The (TC) on our car's work's pretty good. I use the tap shift more for back country road's where you downshift to go around a corner so you can hit back on the gas and it not hesatate coming off the corner.

Originally posted by 2007blueg6gtp
                    how did Barry pull off a 14.599 with a K&N drop in?
                    I don't know who or what Barry drive's but im asuming your talking about another 3.6l? if so that's a stock time and what it should run.
                    G6 GTP 07 3.6L, 6spd manumatic,Custom intake, dropped, on 20"s, debadged.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3169011

Comment

I did run tap one time but I hit it late on second and nose dived. I've done tap a few times before but it just never seems to run as snooth and fast. I also did play around with T/C but when I left it on it shut me down and wouldn't let me go anywhere.
                      My Car Domain

Comment

Thank you! Now how did Barry pull off a 14.599 with a K&N drop in? I didn't think that would be possible... Do I need to demod and go back to stock? lol I really wish I had taking my car to the track before I did anything to it.
                        Mine went almost the same time (14.56) with a KN. I had it dyno tuned after and it the KN had leaned the car out to where there wasn't much left to tune.
                        07 3.6 GTP sedan 1/8 9.1 @ 76.9 1/4 14.19 @ 97.4 muffler delete, dyno tune, intake, ported tb
                        FWHP 230hp/235tq mustang dyno (before exhaust and ported TB)
                        "I tell everybody its my wifes car!"

Comment

I did run tap one time but I hit it late on second and nose dived. I've done tap a few times before but it just never seems to run as snooth and fast. I also did play around with T/C but when I left it on it shut me down and wouldn't let me go anywhere.
                          Save your money at the track b/c its not going to magically get faster. Get it on the dyno or data log it, something is wrong for sure and maybe you might want to take it easy on it.
                          07 3.6 GTP sedan 1/8 9.1 @ 76.9 1/4 14.19 @ 97.4 muffler delete, dyno tune, intake, ported tb
                          FWHP 230hp/235tq mustang dyno (before exhaust and ported TB)
                          "I tell everybody its my wifes car!"

Comment

Originally posted by 3.6gtp
                            Save your money at the track b/c its not going to magically get faster. Get it on the dyno or data log it, something is wrong for sure and maybe you might want to take it easy on it.
                            I might be going to the track again this friday and I'm plan to data log it. Will the data log be able to tell me if something is wrong with my car? I got a really nice extended warranty and it would be nice to change a few thing back to stock now.
                            My Car Domain

Comment

Originally posted by 3.6gtp
                              I might be going to the track again this friday and I'm plan to data log it. Will the data log be able to tell me if something is wrong with my car? I got a really nice extended warranty and it would be nice to change a few thing back to stock now.
                              The logs should show you if you are running lean or not. You'll have to interrupt the data it spews out, but it should give you a good idea what's wrong.

Comment

Would the logs i did for kirk where i just had the ignition on show this? Or would a log from the track be better?
                                My Car Domain

Comment

Working...
                                X