This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: SHOW US YOUR TINTS!!!

Oooh, I'll have to post some daytime FL images of my G6 tint tomorrow when it's...light outside.

I have 20% tint all around, including the front windshield...

Here's a night time placeholder at least!

********2007 G6 GT Vert, 3.5L, Silver********
    Current Mods: 20% Carbon Tint All Around (incl. windshield!), CRAB CAB, GT-R Exhaust
    Pending Mods: Pioneer AVIC-F500BT and Pioneer ND-G500 Integration
    Wanted Mods: GXP mirrors, AIT Hood, Painted Wheels

Comment

Ok people from michigan I see some of you have tint in the front and the back. What are the laws? Do any of you get pulled over? Because Ziebart told me I could not get tnt in the front? Or are they wrong? Thanks'

2005 Pontiac G6 V6 Dashhawk, Debadge ,Crabs, LED License plate bulb, LED third brake light , Black Emblem Overlays,Tint 35 percent front, 5 percent rear, Energy Susp. Sway bar bushings, Intake resonator delete.
      Soon to come>>>> Racingline STB, Custom Flame job interior/engine, FPU, Cquence slotted rotors, Recessed Grilles, Concept darts, Red Gauge face,

Comment

Originally posted by cody0789
        Ok people from michigan I see some of you have tint in the front and the back. What are the laws? Do any of you get pulled over? Because Ziebart told me I could not get tnt in the front? Or are they wrong? Thanks'

you can... but ziebart won't do the front windshield, i believe the tint law for michigan on the front windshield is 4" from the top of the windshield, any shade

but i'm from WI in a pretty cop-infested area and i have yet to get pulled over in like 3 or 4 months having it... i get a lot of stares from cops though so be ready to send back a mean look
        Mods: CRAB option 3, Black Grill Trim, Intake Resonator Delete, Ram Air Through Grill, Red Calipers, Tinted Tails, Partial Debadge, GM Strut Bar, 20% all-around tint, Lamin-X Headlight tint, Black corners, (FIRST EVER) black GT Rims, 2 Rockford Fosgate 12" P1's, Kenwood 1000w-2ch amp, DDM HID 6K Low Beams & Fogs

Check Out My Progression!!

Comment

Yeah I know they cant do the windshield but Ziebart told me they couldn't do the driver or passenger side windows either.

2005 Pontiac G6 V6 Dashhawk, Debadge ,Crabs, LED License plate bulb, LED third brake light , Black Emblem Overlays,Tint 35 percent front, 5 percent rear, Energy Susp. Sway bar bushings, Intake resonator delete.
          Soon to come>>>> Racingline STB, Custom Flame job interior/engine, FPU, Cquence slotted rotors, Recessed Grilles, Concept darts, Red Gauge face,

Comment

Yeah I know they cant do the windshield but Ziebart told me they couldn't do the driver or passenger side windows either.
            ziebart lied to you cause i got mine done there
            Mods: CRAB option 3, Black Grill Trim, Intake Resonator Delete, Ram Air Through Grill, Red Calipers, Tinted Tails, Partial Debadge, GM Strut Bar, 20% all-around tint, Lamin-X Headlight tint, Black corners, (FIRST EVER) black GT Rims, 2 Rockford Fosgate 12" P1's, Kenwood 1000w-2ch amp, DDM HID 6K Low Beams & Fogs

Check Out My Progression!!

Comment

15% all around

Comment

Tint Specs in my sig

Comment

20% all around
                  Cost $180 at Shades of Grey in Philly
                  Thinking about getting my taillights tinted too..

http://www.cardomain.com/id/MidnightLS

"Peace, Love, Speed"

Comment

go for the tail lights!
                    ............... My cardomain page ................. My facebook page ...............

Comment

Originally posted by MidnightLS
                      20% all around
                      Cost $180 at Shades of Grey in Philly
                      Thinking about getting my taillights tinted too..

Wow you're my twin got the exact same g6 same rims sunroof ect. 2007 only difference. Nice tints and very nice g6.
                      2009 Chevrolet Silverado 6.2L LTZ Ontario , Canada
                      http://www.cardomain.com/ride/387787...cab-miss-on-ca
                      2009 Chevrolet Silverado LTZ 6.2L 403hp V8**Current ride
                      2007 Pontiac G6 V6 3.5L 224hp V6**Lease Return
                      2004 Chevrolet Impala 3.4L 180hp V6**Traded
                      1999 Dodge Intrepid SE 2.7L 200 hp V6** Traded
                      1984 Toyota Cressida 2.8L 156 hp I6**Totaled
                      "Drive carefully! Remember, it's not only a car that can be recalled by it's maker."

Comment

Thanks. Kudos to twins

"Peace, Love, Speed"

Comment

Only the top 4" of windshield and side windows by law are tint-able and only up to 35%. Rear side windows are fully tint-able up to 35%. Rear same as the side rear windows.

Here's the specific law.

Comment

That's odd. I always thought that the front windshield can have a tint strip of any kind, even 5%. It doesnt effect the visibility at all so what would it matter?

"Peace, Love, Speed"

Comment

Originally posted by MidnightLS
                              That's odd. I always thought that the front windshield can have a tint strip of any kind, even 5%. It doesnt effect the visibility at all so what would it matter?
                              To make your life fun. Either way, I think unless you go overboard with tint it won't make much difference and you won't get busted for it. Though being in a small town might not work to your advantage.

Comment

I've known people to tint their entire windshield and NEVER have issues, I'm too scared to do it myself
                                TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

Working...
                                X