X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Turbos and Superchargers

well I can tell you thats not a LZ9 motor in there

Mods- VMS ECM/TCM Tune, Custom Magnaflow Cat Back, Full CRAB Intake, Racing Line Motor Mounts and Strut Tower Brace. Tinted Windows & Tails. EBC USR Rotors Front and Rear running YellowStuff Pads
    Originally posted by ahuhn
    so i just realized there a drawer in my room that has nothing in it but tequila, condoms and a blow up doll. cant figure out if thats a good thing or not

Comment

Originally posted by snowmanG6 View Post
      well I can tell you thats not a LZ9 motor in there
      Actually it could be ---

Comment

Sorry with a second look it probably isn't, due to the spot the oil fill spot is and that motor mount/ torque dampener but i don't even know if that's from the 3500

Comment

thats the LX9 engine 3500

Comment

Originally posted by G6KinG19 View Post
            thats the LX9 engine 3500

Mods- VMS ECM/TCM Tune, Custom Magnaflow Cat Back, Full CRAB Intake, Racing Line Motor Mounts and Strut Tower Brace. Tinted Windows & Tails. EBC USR Rotors Front and Rear running YellowStuff Pads
            so i just realized there a drawer in my room that has nothing in it but tequila, condoms and a blow up doll. cant figure out if thats a good thing or not

Comment

in most 60*V6 circles.. the 3500 = lx9.. and 3.5L = lz9

usually signifies its from the 2800 block line.. gave rise to the 3100, 3400, and 3500

Current Modifications: 18' Sky Wheels w/ 245/40-18 Tires, 25mm Spacers, Megan Racing Coilovers, Racingline STB, JPE Rear Camber Kit, Energy Suspension Poly Bushings, Painted Calipers, Double Drilled/Slotted Rotors, Ceramic Brake Pads, Street Series MMI, CRABS with FPU, NGK Iridium Plugs, Kingsborne 8mm Wires, Custom Magnaflow Exhaust, Custom 2ga Grounding Kit, DDM 6k HIDs High/Low/Fog, Halos, High/Fog Mod, Chrome Recessed Upper and Lower Grills, GM Ground Effects Kit, GXP Rear Bumper, GXP Sedan Hammerhead, 15% Tint, Custom Painted Engine Cover, Painted Mirror Caps, Tinted Tails, QuickLifts, PAC Audio Input, Interior LED Conversion, Dash LED Accents, 3W LED Trunk Lighting

Comment

the 3.5 and 3.9 are the same block. just the 3.9 has a larger bore then the 3.5, just different intake manifolds on the motors as well

Comment

Originally posted by cf387 View Post
                  You could always drop in a 3.9 and cram a T67 on it

T67
                  Where is more information on this picture?

I have been gone for a long time and I am interested.... Why does everyone say it is restricted? Looks great! shit... who else has done this to an epsilon platform v6?

MAH PROGRESSION THREAD.................................................. .................................Mah Cardomain

Comment

Originally posted by cf387 View Post
                    You could always drop in a 3.9 and cram a T67 on it

T67
                    looks like there is a for sale sign on it or something. I wonder if they got the turbo but had issues so theyre selling it.

Comment

This thread looks a little stale but probably is where I should put this.

I recently got a GXP Coupe which I have been dreaming up machinations about for years. Now that I have it, it is time to get down to real business. Among the things I need to do to it is, of course, get more power. It appears that the engine should be able to handle 8 psi of boost, so that sounds like a good plan. Ideally I would love to supercharge it, and I have a spare supercharger from my Cobalt LSJ engine. Or I could use the Harrop supercharger. I say this is ideal because the E67 engine controller would be able to handle all of the management. The difficulties are great though: need a custom intake manifold to fit the supercharger to, need to rework the belt, and then if all that is done would it fit under the hood.

So I decided it would probably be easier from a physical standpoint to go with a turbo setup. In fact, I figure I could use the turbocharger hardware from the 2.8L turbo engine from the 2008 or so contemporary Saab. I'd need to make holes for oil, but that might not be too bad. The engine management is the question though: ideally I would be able to use the same supercharger controls to control the wastegate actuator and regulate the boost pressure. However there are a couple of sensors that are on the supercharged setup that might not translate well to the turbo setup. But aside from that, because of the lower boost pressures the E67 should do a fine job. I'd be able to use the tune for the supercharged Northstar engine (which uses the E67) to get some baseline data and comparisons to use in creating an initial setup for the ignition timing as well as other aspects. I do lots of math, and anyway getting the hardware to work is the first concern. The 2.8 turbo's setup should fit into the engine compartment as well with no difficulty, a definite bonus.

Part of my purpose here is to see if others have had success with a turbo setup in the past few years on the LY7 engine. I've thought about using the 2.8's injectors or perhaps (if they fit) using the 4.4 Northstar's injectors (which appear to be a few mm longer). I've also thought of attempting to wire the appropriate sensors to the E67 controller and setting it up to try it, or just using an external boost pressure regulator for that function. I figure it's worth a shot to see if the E67 can run it. The biggest question mark in my mind is what the computer will think of the readings coming from the SCIP sensor. On the supercharger, of course, the SCIP is in front of the supercharger just behind the throttle body. On the turbo setup, the throttle body is behind the turbo so the SCIP would read basically atmospheric pressure under idle conditions where in the supercharged setup it would be reading high vacuum (as a for-instance). Perhaps the computer could handle it, perhaps not. Just wondering if anyone with EFI Live or HP Tuners has tried this.

Now to the more "wild" ideas: if I can get this to work, I was wondering about how to possibly get more boost out of the setup. If I was to upgrade or replace the turbo, I'd need to strengthen internal parts and ideally lower the compression ratio. I've looked some for engine internals, but it seems there isn't much of a market for the 3.6 there. I wonder if the crank from the 2.8 would replace the one from the 3.6. This would open up the possibility of using a manual transmission as well as I don't believe any flywheels exist that would fit to the 6-bolt 3.6 crankshaft, but for the 2.8's 8-bolt they can be found. It all depends on if the journals fit and also if the connecting rods fit the same way from the 3.6 as they do in the 2.8 (i.e., having the same diameter around the crankshaft mounting positions etc). I wonder about such things because I could likely get an entire 2.8 engine whole, but I don't actually want to use the 2.8 with its lower displacement.

Just some ideas. I am going to be doing more reading and searching around this site in the coming weeks as I prepare to put together and implement my modifications. This will include actually carrying out the AWD implementation that I have spoken of in the past (some years ago I wrote a post with some of my thoughts about all of these modifications).

So please be kind, this is all a learning process. There is a lot of potential of what could be done, and all it takes is the will and also the right combination of parts. ;-) I have been contemplating modifications for this car for several years, and now that I have it it is time to make it happen. Thanks!

Comment

How can i supercharge my 2006 g6 gtp ?? Anywebsites

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Comment

read the thread.

Comment

• Re: STS turbo systems

Hey everybody. Not really sure where to put this so I'll stick it in this thread for now. Im new to the forum and was hoping to get some input on a few turbo ideas. I was either thinking of doing a mid mount setup, having the turbo mount underneath the vehicle but right behind the engine and feeding the charge piping to the front and using an oil pump near it to feed the oil back to the pan. OR using the traditional route and making my own manifold for it and routing it to where the original air box piping is and setting the turbo there. The only problem I see with that is the manifold piping might get to close to the alternator and other components. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance

Comment

Working...
                            X