This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: STS turbo systems

If every other old pos civic motor can run 6psi easy i don't think our motor or fuel system will have much of a problem. But like ive said before to other's it's all speculation good and bad. But we won't know till somebody instal's a turbo system. As far as tuning go's i don't know much about the 3.5l (3500) but there's probably plenty of company's that sell tune's that will work with your motor you might need to look up tune's for the 3400 and talk to the people that have done those tune's.

Good places for info on the 3X00 60* V6
    Grandamgt.com
    60degreev6.com
    G6 GTP 07 3.6L, 6spd manumatic,Custom intake, dropped, on 20"s, debadged.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3169011

Comment

I once ran acrossed a guy on cardomain that had the STS system, but it might have been a last gen grand prix when i had it... Oh well. I think this is do able if you don't take short cuts or cut costs.
      BK.
      2008 GT 4dr
      Debadged
      Intake
      Strut Bar
      Chromed Grill/ Window trim

Comment

Originally posted by Irkie500
        The STS system isnt to terribly complicated to install, I obviously cant say for sure because ive never done it before but using a rear mount system is far easier to install than a front mount style. Some slight piping modification might be needed but its mostly bolt on stuff.
        i never said it was hard to install, what i'm saying is the tough part is installing an aftermarket turbo system (especially a generic one) without turning your vehicle into an unreliable money pit. yes it is possible and i'm sure someone will eventually get it to work, but if you are looking for the quick and easy route this is not it.

Comment

Originally posted by HopkinsGXP27
          Our injectors would handle 5-6 psi of boost just fine.
          Just curious how you know this to be fact?
          Chris White
          http://www.GTOShiftLight.com
          2006 Spice Red GTO - Stock
          2012 CTS-V 1 of 57 Custom IPC/BCM/Radio Corsa/LPE CAI
          2012 Cherokee SRT8 - Stockish
          2013 SRX - Custom IPC, BCM and CUE
          2013 XTS Platinum - Custom IPC

Comment

Originally posted by GTPprix

I can't wait to hear the answer as well.

Comment

Look we all hate civics and stuff but u can't say that since a "pos" civic can we can because their motors react to FI perfectly that's why everyone mods them. Don't get me wrong they are gay but don't knock those motors
              sigpic

2004 LS1 A4 Quicksilver w/ Red Interior 1 of 301 -

GO-K&N Intake, Spintech Exhaust, Pacesetter Headers, Catless Mids, Tuned using HPTuners By Rian

Turning and Stopping- Cquence Drilled and Slotted Rotors

Show- SAP Repros in Satin black, fake SAP mod, Tinted tails by Jorge, Satin Black Badges, 35% tint all around, Satin Black painted 17's, Flat Splitter

Electronics- Pioneer AVIC F90BT, JL 500.1 Monoblock Amp, JL 12W3-2, DDMTuning 8k 55watt HID hi/low, All Interior and Cluster LED Swap by Bohnman,

Fully modded G6 GTP-TRADED

Comment

Originally posted by GT-R

I can't wait to hear the answer as well.
                I got ahold of STS through email and they said that their similar applications(Im assuming the v6 mustang) have had no issues with the stock injectors at boost pressures between 5 and 6 psi. They also commented that GM tends to design a strong and well designed engine and havn't had any issues with fuel injectors failing or faultering at mild boost(5-6 psi).

Sounded good enough for me. I don't think they would BS that

Comment

Now if they had any ACTUAL experience with these engines they would know the IDC is already pretty high for an NA car and would never support any boost over roughly 2-3PSI LOL
                  Chris White

Comment

Now if they had any ACTUAL experience with these engines they would know the IDC is already pretty high for an NA car and would never support any boost over roughly 2-3PSI LOL

100% agreed.

I know the guys at STS, they are good people, but they do not know it all.

Comment

Sounds like I got a generic "Oh everything will be alright" answer from them.

What does DCI stand for?(Something with the compression ratio?)

And why do you guys seem to think that the stock injectors won't cut it? What about with a larger fuel pump?

Comment

IDC is injector duty cycle.
                        Chris White

Comment

Alright, sounds like I still need to do some more research.

I know no one makes new injectors for the g6, but couldn't you get over that problem with a larger fuel pump?

Comment

Originally posted by CrimsonGTP
                            Look we all hate civics and stuff but u can't say that since a "pos" civic can we can because their motors react to FI perfectly that's why everyone mods them. Don't get me wrong they are gay but don't knock those motors
                            O i got ya man i have a few friends with some bad ass civic's (i still rag on them all the time lol). Like i said in my post "OLD POS". Im talking about the one's that have zip tie's holding on the front bumper. And JB weld on the crack'ed trans case, stuff like that. And i didn't say it for a fact will work i said it's all "SPECULATION" i just think it's gonna work better then what most people are thinking on the 3.6l that is. I don't know much about the 3.5l like i also said in my post.

Comment

personally i think we need to quit talking about it until someone is willing to invest 8,000 into their car to make it work correctly. at that point you might as well get a new car and have more power than you will make/handle in a g6 fwd car

no one wants to run such small boost, and anything big will blow the trans and ruin the car. to many factors come into play for our cars and there is no cheap route. someone with money to waste will be the only person to do this. rest of us just dream

Comment

Originally posted by bluegtp33
                                personally i think we need to quit talking about it until someone is willing to invest 8,000 into their car to make it work correctly. at that point you might as well get a new car and have more power than you will make/handle in a g6 fwd car

no one wants to run such small boost, and anything big will blow the trans and ruin the car. to many factors come into play for our cars and there is no cheap route. someone with money to waste will be the only person to do this. rest of us just dream
                                I don't know where you got your price from. But if i had 8k to spend i could get allot more then just a turbo.Im talkin turbo set up, new tran's, body kit, hood, dash kit and every other little dodad i wan't for my car. And probably have money left over.

And the reason i wouldent go buy another car is b/c i got what i want'ed, and i don't wan't a V8 gas hog (daily driver) and i don't have 40k+ to spend on a 2010 Camaro ss to be my garage queen (yet lol).

Such small boost (6-8psi) on the 3.6l will give my car enough to suprise allot of V8's (street car's) at the track on test and tune night. Hell i can already keep up with a good bit of them. Then get me home on the same tank of gas i was racing with. And be fuel efficent enough to make it from NC to MD on one tank of gas.

Comment

Working...
                                X