X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: STS turbo systems

Google STS turbo its the first link.

Universal kit is $1700
    Installed - Crab CAB Intake, Borbet Type XL In Black wrapped in Firestone Firehawk Indy 500 Wide Oval, Hammerhead, Lowered, Pioneer AVH-P4100DVD, HID's DDM tuning 55w 10k Low 35W 8k Fog, LED Tail Light Bulbs, Racingline Strut Bar Painted Red, R1 Concepts CD/S Front and Rear, EBC Yellowstuff pads, 25mm H&R Wheel Spacers, GTR (Pending Delivery)

Future Mods - Window Tint, GXP Rear Bumper, Eagle Eyes Projector Headlights, LED Turn Signals, Audi Headlight Mod, Upper/Lower Recessed Grilles, Energy Suspension Sway Bushings, Engine Tune

Comment

Originally posted by Irkie500
      And we dont have aftermarket injectors or fuel pumps available do we?

How many pounds of boost do you think that pump can handle without problems?
      You would have to run an outside mounted aftermarket fuel pump. Plenty of those around. You don't want to take a chance with running the stock pump, if it goes lean, your engine is toast.

I've said this before, if you're gonna do a turbo, you really need to know your stuff. 6 psi would be the most I would run on a stock bottom end.

Comment

Im no idiot when it comes to engine mechanics, im more of an all motor know it all rather than forced induction. However my neighbor has helped me with almost everything done to my car and he is very knowledgeable in any field. He is planning on doing a RWD, Chevy 350, 4 speed manual swap in an 05 or later monte carlo so I would say hes got the know how to do this sort of project.
        Installed - Crab CAB Intake, Borbet Type XL In Black wrapped in Firestone Firehawk Indy 500 Wide Oval, Hammerhead, Lowered, Pioneer AVH-P4100DVD, HID's DDM tuning 55w 10k Low 35W 8k Fog, LED Tail Light Bulbs, Racingline Strut Bar Painted Red, R1 Concepts CD/S Front and Rear, EBC Yellowstuff pads, 25mm H&R Wheel Spacers, GTR (Pending Delivery)

Future Mods - Window Tint, GXP Rear Bumper, Eagle Eyes Projector Headlights, LED Turn Signals, Audi Headlight Mod, Upper/Lower Recessed Grilles, Energy Suspension Sway Bushings, Engine Tune

Comment

Im no idiot when it comes to engine mechanics, im more of an all motor know it all rather than forced induction. However my neighbor has helped me with almost everything done to my car and he is very knowledgeable in any field. He is planning on doing a RWD, Chevy 350, 4 speed manual swap in an 05 or later monte carlo so I would say hes got the know how to do this sort of project.
          forced induction is it's own beast entirely, nothing like doing a motor swap in a chevy. i looked into putting a turbo on my G6 and decided it would be far easier, more reliable, and more practical to just sell the car and buy one already turbo'd. just because someone knows how to install a turbo doesn't mean they know how to install it correctly without putting anything else at risk in the process.

Comment

The STS system isnt to terribly complicated to install, I obviously cant say for sure because ive never done it before but using a rear mount system is far easier to install than a front mount style. Some slight piping modification might be needed but its mostly bolt on stuff.

Comment

chris wont there be problems tuning the 3.5?
              sigpic

2004 LS1 A4 Quicksilver w/ Red Interior 1 of 301 -

GO-K&N Intake, Spintech Exhaust, Pacesetter Headers, Catless Mids, Tuned using HPTuners By Rian

Turning and Stopping- Cquence Drilled and Slotted Rotors

Show- SAP Repros in Satin black, fake SAP mod, Tinted tails by Jorge, Satin Black Badges, 35% tint all around, Satin Black painted 17's, Flat Splitter

Electronics- Pioneer AVIC F90BT, JL 500.1 Monoblock Amp, JL 12W3-2, DDMTuning 8k 55watt HID hi/low, All Interior and Cluster LED Swap by Bohnman,

Fully modded G6 GTP-TRADED

Comment

sigpic
                Custom 93 Dyno Tune, Red Painted K&N Intake, GT-R Exhaust, CMS Springs, Racingline STB + Race MMI's, Sacchi S45 Black Wheels, Hankook Ventus V12 245/45ZR18, Delete Intake Resonator, Mobil 1, Red Calipers, Body Color Matched Headlights/Engine/Battery Covers/Interior Trim, Debadged, Tinted Tails, AIT Hood, ZZP Shift Kit, R1 Concepts Rotors + Pads, Summit Racing Trans Cooler, Denso Iridium Plugs, 30% Tint, Suede Upholstered Steering Wheel, Rear STB

Comment

Whats wrong with the 3.5 and tuning?

Also the sign already? this is just an idea which is not likely to be made into reality unless I know its a viable option and can be done with realative ease.

Comment

unless I know its a viable option and can be done with realative ease.
                    You might want to quit now. Adding a turbo the right way is not relatively easy, and requires alot of down time on your car. The STS systems also requires the use of an oil pump, for oil scavenging, which means you'll have to make oil lines that go, to and from the engine, pump and turbo.

If you are really interested, start by making a log of all the things that are involved. Make sure to have a colume for $$

Comment

The universal kit comes with an oil pump already and the required lines to make it work

http://www.ststurbo.com/universal_turbo_systems

Comment

the oil pumps STS supplies have been known to fail prematurely .

750WHP Magnacharged GTO.....WTF!
                        TVS2300 GTO, Innovators West 8" Overdrive Pulley, ECS Tensioner, SD tuned by Andrew at Complete street performance, Ed Curtis custom Lunati camshaft 230/236 .6XX/.6XX 113 LSA, Hardened Pushrods, Lunati .675 lift Valve Springs, Single Walbro 255 fuel pump in stock bucket, Kooks 1 7/8 Jet hot coated Headers , Kooks 3" catless mid pipes with DMH low pro electric cutouts, Spintech 2.5" stainless steel exhaust with X pipe, Carbon fiber Cold air box with AEM air filter, Billet products short shifter, JamesBiz Oil catch can, Pedders 5/16" raise springs with drag bags, Weld RTS Black with Hoosiers
                        Show
                        -20% tint
                        -bohaman AUX-in radio mod
                        -Professionally heated seats

Comment

The universal kit comes with an oil pump already and the required lines to make it work

http://www.ststurbo.com/universal_turbo_systems
                          You'll still have to make the lines. Cut them to length, add the proper fittings, route to and from. It's not rocket science, but it is involved. All I'm saying is that it will take a lot of commitment on your part, as it won't be a simple bolt on. Even though the universal kit includes many parts, there will still be a lot of fabrication involved.

Turbos are the most efficient way to make power, but they can also become the most efficient way to blow an engine. You can't take any short cuts.

Comment

Originally posted by leong6gtp
                            the oil pumps STS supplies have been known to fail prematurely .

It would be better to engineer a mechanical pump in it's place.

Comment

Our injectors would handle 5-6 psi of boost just fine. A new larger fuel pump is easily doable if you wanted to, but I don't think its necessary.

Im not sure if money is a huge issue but if you went with a twin turbo system it would significantly cut down on turbo lag and tranny abuse. That would be another way to get around our weak transmissions. Also it would look sick and fit fine where our muffler currently sits.

Let us know what your motor sports shop says and the price quote on install and tune...

Comment

wat the hell just buy the taurus sho and forget about it

Comment

Working...
                                X