Fixing the hissing sound when double amped

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fixing the hissing sound when double amped

I thought I could take the hissing in the sound system but it is really starting to get on my nerves. What I need to know is the easiest way to get rid of it. I know I could hard wire each speaker to the HU bypassing the stock amplifier, or I could splice in some RCA cables. Is there another way to do this or are thoes my only options?
    Installed - Crab CAB Intake, Borbet Type XL In Black wrapped in Firestone Firehawk Indy 500 Wide Oval, Hammerhead, Lowered, Pioneer AVH-P4100DVD, HID's DDM tuning 55w 10k Low 35W 8k Fog, LED Tail Light Bulbs, Racingline Strut Bar Painted Red, R1 Concepts CD/S Front and Rear, EBC Yellowstuff pads, 25mm H&R Wheel Spacers, GTR (Pending Delivery)

Future Mods - Window Tint, GXP Rear Bumper, Eagle Eyes Projector Headlights, LED Turn Signals, Audi Headlight Mod, Upper/Lower Recessed Grilles, Energy Suspension Sway Bushings, Engine Tune

Re: Fixing the hissing sound when double amped

I would suggest moving your RCA cables as far away and as shielded from the power cables as possible. That is usually where the noise is coming from. I would try that first. If you still have problems then come back and ask again.
    Mods:Vector 93 Tune, OBX Racing Header(Cobalt), ZZP Connectors, Skunk2 Exhaust,Kenwood DVD/Navi System, 2 MTX 12's, 2 amps, Kicker 6x9"(rear), Alpine Type-S(front), Eneki EKM3 Wheels(18x8"), Tinted Tails, Black Projector Headlights, OEM Fogs, DDM Tuning 10K in both, Debadged, Racingline STB, OEM Carbon Fiber Hood

The only lady im gonna be pimpin from now on, is sweet lady propane!-Hank Hill

Comment

Originally posted by Curtismaximus123
      I would suggest moving your RCA cables as far away and as shielded from the power cables as possible. That is usually where the noise is coming from. I would try that first. If you still have problems then come back and ask again.
      i dont think this will work. I have the F90bt and its common among the head units to have a hissing sound. The fact that mine is double amped as well makes it louder too. it used to bother me but not really any more.
      sigpic

2004 LS1 A4 Quicksilver w/ Red Interior 1 of 301 -

GO-K&N Intake, Spintech Exhaust, Pacesetter Headers, Catless Mids, Tuned using HPTuners By Rian

Turning and Stopping- Cquence Drilled and Slotted Rotors

Show- SAP Repros in Satin black, fake SAP mod, Tinted tails by Jorge, Satin Black Badges, 35% tint all around, Satin Black painted 17's, Flat Splitter

Electronics- Pioneer AVIC F90BT, JL 500.1 Monoblock Amp, JL 12W3-2, DDMTuning 8k 55watt HID hi/low, All Interior and Cluster LED Swap by Bohnman,

Fully modded G6 GTP-TRADED

Comment

Mine didn't do that but idk
        87 Jeep Comanche Metric Ton
        90 Eagle Talon TSI
        09 G6 Progression(New Car)
        My Progression

Comment

Well it fixed my problem with it. The noise is not coming from the headunit its coming from the power cable that goes to your amps. If the RCA cables are n e where near them the noice will be amplified by... well your amps.
          Mods:Vector 93 Tune, OBX Racing Header(Cobalt), ZZP Connectors, Skunk2 Exhaust,Kenwood DVD/Navi System, 2 MTX 12's, 2 amps, Kicker 6x9"(rear), Alpine Type-S(front), Eneki EKM3 Wheels(18x8"), Tinted Tails, Black Projector Headlights, OEM Fogs, DDM Tuning 10K in both, Debadged, Racingline STB, OEM Carbon Fiber Hood

Comment

Well it fixed my problem with it. The noise is not coming from the headunit its coming from the power cable that goes to your amps. If the RCA cables are n e where near them the noice will be amplified by... well your amps.
            duh its not coming from the headunit. aftermarket head units have a built in amp for the speakers, then, with the monsoon system, there is an amp under the passenger seat thus double amping your speakers. of course it isn't coming from the head unit.
            sigpic

2004 LS1 A4 Quicksilver w/ Red Interior 1 of 301 -

GO-K&N Intake, Spintech Exhaust, Pacesetter Headers, Catless Mids, Tuned using HPTuners By Rian

Turning and Stopping- Cquence Drilled and Slotted Rotors

Show- SAP Repros in Satin black, fake SAP mod, Tinted tails by Jorge, Satin Black Badges, 35% tint all around, Satin Black painted 17's, Flat Splitter

Electronics- Pioneer AVIC F90BT, JL 500.1 Monoblock Amp, JL 12W3-2, DDMTuning 8k 55watt HID hi/low, All Interior and Cluster LED Swap by Bohnman,

Fully modded G6 GTP-TRADED

Comment

Originally posted by CrimsonGTP
              duh its not coming from the headunit. aftermarket head units have a built in amp for the speakers, then, with the monsoon system, there is an amp under the passenger seat thus double amping your speakers. of course it isn't coming from the head unit.
              I must be confused? Does this guy have aftermarket amps?

Comment

I wasn't aware of this, may be specific to the 09.5's but I have an amp in the trunk too. PS, just above the rear floorpan. Saw this the other day and was surprised to find it. Kinda off topic but it reminded me... urs have this?
                Mods: Tint, Resonator Delete, K&N Filter, GT-R Exhaust, GXP rear bumper, Debadged

Comment

I have the stock mosoon amp, and its located in the trunk. The problem is that the HU is wired into the harness for the stock amp effectively double amping the system and creating the hissing sound. I dont have any RCA cables back there right now so im not sure why some people told me to move them the wiring goes like this

HU---Monsoon Amp----Speakers

I need to eliminate that monsoon amp but I dont know how
                  Installed - Crab CAB Intake, Borbet Type XL In Black wrapped in Firestone Firehawk Indy 500 Wide Oval, Hammerhead, Lowered, Pioneer AVH-P4100DVD, HID's DDM tuning 55w 10k Low 35W 8k Fog, LED Tail Light Bulbs, Racingline Strut Bar Painted Red, R1 Concepts CD/S Front and Rear, EBC Yellowstuff pads, 25mm H&R Wheel Spacers, GTR (Pending Delivery)

Future Mods - Window Tint, GXP Rear Bumper, Eagle Eyes Projector Headlights, LED Turn Signals, Audi Headlight Mod, Upper/Lower Recessed Grilles, Energy Suspension Sway Bushings, Engine Tune

Comment

yeah, me neither. I didn't even know it was there. Very interesting.

Mods: Tint, Resonator Delete, K&N Filter, GT-R Exhaust, GXP rear bumper, Debadged

Comment

You could try turning off the amp on the HU and see if that helps.

Comment

I dont think your supposed to duble amp, the stock speakers are not capable of high amperage. You have to turn off the internal amp, you use the Monsoon amp like an aftermarket amp.

2009 Liquid Red G8GT
                        4 door mafia
                        93 octane VMS ecm/tcm tune
                        8000k hid's
                        Solo Mach Shorty & HFC's
                        Rotofab cai and radiator cover
                        13.207@107.11
                        330 hp/328 tq on a Mustang dyno

Comment

How do i turn off the amp in the HU, ive been through the menus a thousand times and there is no option to turn off the internal amplifier.

Comment

You don't turn it off, but you by-pass it by using RCA's out.

Blue Man Group Member NY Local 123

Comment

Originally posted by FLRNEMT
                              You don't turn it off, but you by-pass it by using RCA's out.
                              Assuming he has an aftermarket HU, wired into a harness, which runs to the Monsoon amp.
                              To expand on that ....
                              Instead of running the speaker (high level) wires to the harness and then to the Monsoon amp, he should use the HU's RCA outputs (low level) and then splice the RCA cables into the harness, which then would connect to the Monsoon amp.
                              Right now it sounds like he's sending a speaker level signal to the amp.
                              He needs to send a line-level signal to the amp. A line-level signal is what he'll get from the HU's RCA outputs.
                              Has been sold -> 2007 Emerald Green Pontiac G6 Sedan V6/Sport

Comment

Working...
                              X