GXP Mods?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GXP Mods?

I have a 2009 GXP, 6-speed auto, I am looking to see if there are any possible upgrades? I keep seeing how difficult it is to run a turbo or supercharger because of the trans and tuning. Is there a way around this or any other speed enhancement recommendations?

Re: GXP Mods?

Unsure what is still available. You'll probably need to read through threads here and figure out what others have sone. Do you have the 3.6L? If I recall, there was not much for that motor, however there was at least one person who did modify theirs rather extensively.

As with any car that did not originally come with a Supercharger or Turbo, there is no easy solution, and everything will probably be custom. For basics, you could do intake and exhaust, but I don't think of those as power-adders.
    2007 Pontiac G6 3.5L V6 | 1998 BMW Z3 Dinan

Comment

I love my GXP. Done all the research. Even topics about engine swaps and chargers. The LY7 was imo the poorest choice for the GXP. The GXP GP and Bonneville get a V8. Why couldnt the GXP G6 get some thing more substantial. Only realistic "performance mods" for the LY7 are bolt on upgrades. A cai and exhaust is about it though.

Comment

I've had my 09 GXP for about 2 months and have done extensive research as well. Not much you can do except make them look modded lol.

Comment

You may find something of interest at Mace Engineering in Australia.
          Down there they call the LY7 engine an Alloytec.
          Get Over Killed may be worth talking to as well.
          Current Mods
          245/45/17 Bridgestone Potenza RE-01 R, 245/45/17 Bridgestone Blizzak WS60, Eibach springs, Debadged, Recessed upper grills, GTP rear valance, GXP exhaust, Redline Tuning QuickLifts, K&N air filter, GMPP strut tower brace, Steering wheel stereo controls, Baer Cobalt 13" front brakes, Cobalt SS 11.75" rear brakes, Stainless steel braided brake lines front & rear, Leather steering wheel, Recessed lower grills, Leather shifter handle, Leather parking brake handle, Leather console lid cover, Volant intake, PIAA H9 & H11 Xtreme White Plus headlights & driving lights, 93 octane tuned ECM & TCM, Custom painted headlights, Motorsport Tech wheel adapters, C5 Corvette 17" x 8.5" wheels, Koni Sport struts and shocks, MSD 8.5mm Super Conductor plug wires, Racingline polyurethane motor mount inserts...
          Altered6 Progression Page

Comment

Working...
          X