Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

INTAKE!(Any Info or questions post here except delivery inf)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Getoffmylawn
    I installed an injen intake in my Ecotec a while back and got the same problem you did. I checked and it said the mix was 60%air/40%fuel which as you said the engine didnt like. I thought about changing the fuel injectors but in fear of throwing more codes i decided against it. As for sound and power increase it was definetly worth the money. but if you find a way to get rid of that pesky little light let me know
    Almost a 1:1 Mix I highly doubt that.
    2009 Panther Black G8 GT
    334 WHP 347 WTQ

Comment

Originally posted by TLS2000
      GM owns Opel.
      Ok I dont want to take this any further, lol. I thought Opel made these engines before GM owned them. I just looked it up and Opel is simply GMs UK division, like Holden of Australia. So GM CAN take credit for these engines. Good! My car is American again!

The problem is gonna be solved with a good ol tune.Mainly to the air/fuel ratio. If its too lean its getting too much air/not enough fuel. So by already having 60/40 air fuel, making it richer would yield, like ^ said a 1:1 mix. Aaaand... Yea. I dont think any cars are made like that. Engines basically run off compressed oxygen, the fuel is just the catalyst so you dont need THAT much.
      2007 G5 Base Model
      Black 5 Speed

Walmart - A store where you can buy a shot gun, ammunition, a ski mask, a baseball bat, a meat cleaver and map of the middle east, but you can't buy a CD that has a "Parental Advisory" sticker.

Comment

I doubt that Opel was able to create those engines before GM bought them, as that happened in the 1930's.

Oh, and they're GM's GERMAN division. The UK division is Vauxhall.

If you'd like to know anything else about the history of GM, feel free to ask. I love reading about their history.

sigpic
        Mobil 1 | Doctorspeed Stage 3 & 4 CAI | CRABS | Sacchi S45 245 Black 18" Rims | 6000k HID Headlights + Fogs | GT-R Exhaust | 20% Tint | Pioneer AppRadio 2

Comment

Yea. where can I find more info.
          2007 G5 Base Model
          Black 5 Speed

Walmart - A store where you can buy a shot gun, ammunition, a ski mask, a baseball bat, a meat cleaver and map of the middle east, but you can't buy a CD that has a "Parental Advisory" sticker.

Comment

someone pm me and asked where the hose went so pm this. thought it may help others too.
            ....................................... Foreverpontiac.com offical friend of G6P.com......................................
            .................................................. .. Progression & Pics thread .................................................. ..

Comment

just got the dr speed stage 3 in and i must say, it's a lot easier than i thought. i didn't need to take the front right wheel off (although i did, thinking i needed to) - just pulled the plastic rivit out on the front side of the resonator, pushed it down a bit, and used a socket with a swivel neck to get the 10mm bolt in back out.

was a little concerned with not having any support for the intake from the filter all the way to pretty much the intake. solved that with a grommet and a zip tie (will get bigger zip tie later). holds the intake in place very nicely.

reading through all the threads on these intakes, i found the '07 headlights are a bit different... you will see in the pics..

old 'n busted...

new hotness!!!

i only had 2 small zip ties to hold the intake in place, i will be getting a bigger one from work on monday...

this is the snap ball mount that is supposed to add extra rigidity to the headlight... the plastic socket is waaaaaay to tight for the metal screw with the ball on the end. I felt like i was going to break the damn headlight getting it out... going to use some rtv to hold it back in place and find a better way to make it easier to take on/off - maybe buy a new plastic socket and drill the opening a little?.

backed out - to see where it is on the headlight...

this intake sounds miles better than the k&n on my truck - very impressive! gotta go for a drive now - l8r! :wacko:
              Red LED interior, custom floor & trunk lights - LED marker lights, Spider Lite tail lights (used bulbs instead of resistor -ask me how!) - Formula One Pinnaacle 15% Tint - Hard wired Cobra radar detector - Dr. Speed Stage 3 CAI - next... white face gauges and a custom LED glove box light

Comment

There she is. The install was pretty easy. A buddy of mine helped me come up with that bracket. we used a rubber thing that is used or plumbing, it looks like a grommet but with no hole in it so we cut a hole in it and ran a bolt through it. The bracket was some stuff from Home Depot used for securing pipes. We just bent it and it works perfectly. It doesn't move for anything. I still may bend up another one and paint it black. I also want to wrap some foam or something around the part that goes through the hole in the fender. I noticed that the intake tubing gets hot, I wonder if it would be worth wrapping it with heat shield wrap.

Show: GXP Hood - 2009.5 Front Bumper & Rear Spoiler - Black Housing Headlights - White LED Reverse and License Plate Lights- White LED Interior Dome & Map Lights - Matsushita Gen4 6000K HID Lows - White LED Fogs - GXP Rear Bumper - White LED KPH Instrument Cluster Conversion - 15% Tint

Go: CRAB + FPU Powder coated wrinkle black - Racingline STB , MMI & Grounding Kit - Dash Hawk - Front 4 Piston Brembo Brakes - Rear Cobalt SS TC Brakes - BMD Stainless Steel Braided Brake Lines & Endlinks - WAMS 93 Tune - Custom Magnaflow Exhaust - Milzy Motorsports Headers

Progression Page: http://www.g6performance.com/forum/s...ad.php?t=22818
                http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2594110

Comment

by the way, did anyone else have a hard time getting the coupler on the MAF?

Show: GXP Hood - 2009.5 Front Bumper & Rear Spoiler - Black Housing Headlights - White LED Reverse and License Plate Lights- White LED Interior Dome & Map Lights - Matsushita Gen4 6000K HID Lows - White LED Fogs - GXP Rear Bumper - White LED KPH Instrument Cluster Conversion - 15% Tint

Go: CRAB + FPU Powder coated wrinkle black - Racingline STB , MMI & Grounding Kit - Dash Hawk - Front 4 Piston Brembo Brakes - Rear Cobalt SS TC Brakes - BMD Stainless Steel Braided Brake Lines & Endlinks - WAMS 93 Tune - Custom Magnaflow Exhaust - Milzy Motorsports Headers

Progression Page: http://www.g6performance.com/forum/s...ad.php?t=22818
                  http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2594110

Comment

Originally posted by black07g6gtp
                    by the way, did anyone else have a hard time getting the coupler on the MAF?
                    Yeah, I had to get someone to help me. I Had to stretch it about another half inch to fit.

Mods: Vector 93 ECM/TCM, Addco prototype 7/8" rear sway bar, Powerslot Cryo rotors, Hawk ceramic pads, Yokohama AVID W4S 245/45/18 on Cobalt SS/TC wheels, Pioneer DEH-P6900UB, Alpine PDX-1.600 pushing a 12" Kicker L7, Scosche DIC, Peripheral steering wheel control kit

Comment

So I ordered the CAI from ebay for $129 for my '07 coupe even though they're listing says 05 - 06. It wasn't exactly bolt on and go, but its working ok. I'd recommend it for anyone with the 05, 06, I'm sure it matches just fine. New intake sounds much better and I seem to get a little better throttle response. Getting rid of that stupid resonator is the best thing you can do. My car started sounding like it had an engine in it. Time for the GT-R I think.

Easy resonator removal #3 :

One part I'm not too happy with...they sent me a 90 degree piece of tubing, but it wouldn't match up right. I had to cut my stock intake connections and rig it up to the pipe they sent me. It works but since its the ribbed tubing it looks kinda goofy. I'm still searching for a replacement piece to make it look a little nicer, but at least this works. See how the bracket doesn't match up with the bolt on mine? I ended up finding a long spacer nut that I threaded onto the bolt sticking out then ran a bolt through the bracket and into that.

Still trying to figure out how to mount this better. I know I've seen this same zip tie setup on someone's ride in this forum. Maybe I can paint it blue

[/img]

2008 Member Of The Year-Blue Man Group | Stock Radio Mp3/Ipod Input Installation

Comment

Im gonna repost this in here for the ram air hood owners.
                        My original post is long gone and this info would fare better here.

OK...I have been distrought for quite some time about MPD no longer making an intake for their Ram Air hood.

Sooooo I took some time off of work recently and fabricated a Cold Ram Air Box -what we call a Crab around my household!

It funnels the air from the hood air drop to the intake. It is aluminum and works like a champ.

I am stoked!

For all you school kids out there I just want you to know that we even used Algebra/Geometry to engineer it! So quit falling asleep in those classes!

Our first attempt was a three piece design that worked great but required
                        many complicated precise angle bends (cost me $$ at a metal shop to make them). This was not economical nor was easy. It was in a word ... complicated.

The second design was what we called the deep well design. It allowed more air to flow into the box and it was actually less bends. This was a five piece design that we perfected.

I am not in the intake business. Just wanted one and couldnt find one.
                        I have no idea how this would adapt to a 3.9 or 3.6.
                        I dont think it would work on the 3.6 due to the lines and the 3.9 cover is too big.... hhmmmm
                        I may have to find one locally and take some measurements.

Well anyway....

The first fully functional Ram Air Cold box. (yaaaa...I like crab better)

The only crabs your girl will love!

Anyway...without further adu!

A few more pix here
                        Please consider supporting G6P -Tap here

MODS:
                        Crab Intakes CAB, MPD Ram Air hood, Custom exhaust,
                        WAMS High Performance Tune and a whole lot more....

Comment

khoffman posted up his intake. I dont think I have seen
                          one attached into the resonator hole before. That front pipe
                          looks awesome!

Hey Khoffman....where'd ya pick it up? Drop a CAB in there
                          to hold it and unplug and it would look allot like like mine!

Here is a snap he posted:

MODS:

Comment

Originally posted by khoffman
                            Originally posted by Hello
                            Ask lampoon what he used, he basically made a cold air box except it is modified for the ram air hood.
                            How bout it Lampoon?
                            Thanks.
                            K
                            Sorry I missed thistwo pages back....It took me quite allot of time to fab/setup and many models to come up with one but I needed it to be a certain size and in a certain place.
                            Sans the ram air all you need is to block the radiant heat.

I suggest you put a request in the WTB section since the Dr is on backorder....or design it up....or.....!

Any ideas on making my own cold air box?
                            I made my own...ther eis some info on it a few pages back but I had a DS CAB before that though.
                            I changed my setup so I needed to adjust whcih eded up being something totally new.

You have a 3.5 right??

MODS:

Comment

I have the 3.5. I am in the process of testing different configurations, including ram air to cool the area around the filter without the need of a cold air box. Anybody gone this route, and does it work? I would think positive pressure would allow the engine to breath easier than the area in the fender which is low pressure. I will check a few pages back for your setup info.
                              Thanks.
                              K

Comment

I have the 3.5. I am in the process of testing different configurations, including ram air to cool the area around the filter without the need of a cold air box. Anybody gone this route, and does it work? I would think positive pressure would allow the engine to breath easier than the area in the fender which is low pressure. I will check a few pages back for your setup info.
                                Thanks.
                                K
                                Positive pressure from moving the car won't make much of a difference at all. The pressure needed to make a difference on the intake vacuum would be much more than what is generated by ram air setups.

sigpic
                                Mobil 1 | Doctorspeed Stage 3 & 4 CAI | CRABS | Sacchi S45 245 Black 18" Rims | 6000k HID Headlights + Fogs | GT-R Exhaust | 20% Tint | Pioneer AppRadio 2

Comment

Working...
                                X