Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

INTAKE!(Any Info or questions post here except delivery inf)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BCG Member #1::G6er Elite

Comment

It is my fiiiiirm belief that all cold air intakes are the same. So I got the 70 dollar knock-off on Ebay. Sucker is nice, except for the code, which I saw coming.

My engine bay is SOOO dirty from the winter, and the intake is all fingerprinted from me manhandling it during installation haha.

Compared to stock

And heres a small video of the sound. The camera sucks and I was in my neighborhood so I topped it at 50 mph lol.
      2007 G5 Base Model
      Black 5 Speed

Walmart - A store where you can buy a shot gun, ammunition, a ski mask, a baseball bat, a meat cleaver and map of the middle east, but you can't buy a CD that has a "Parental Advisory" sticker.

Comment

Howdy fellow ecotec'r(just made that up) I've seen your post on cobaltss.net(I'm tricky1 over there). I have 2.2L Cobalt(5 speed) and IMO all the ecotecs respond quite well to intakes. The ecotecs are quite the impressive power plants.

My mom owns a '06 G6 GT Coupe. So I have no idea how a Eco powered G6 is but I like the G6's quite a bit.

Comment

the ecotec engine is an impressive engine for being a 4 cylinder imo but I don't think it responds all that more than any other engine fitted with a CAI.
          TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

I see the engine light is on. Is that because of the intake, or other problem?

Comment

Originally posted by hemineont1
              Howdy fellow ecotec'r(just made that up) I've seen your post on cobaltss.net(I'm tricky1 over there). I have 2.2L Cobalt(5 speed) and IMO all the ecotecs respond quite well to intakes. The ecotecs are quite the impressive power plants.

My mom owns a '06 G6 GT Coupe. So I have no idea how a Eco powered G6 is but I like the G6's quite a bit.
              Thought that this was a G6 forum????
              06 GT Memphis 6x9's in rear Diamond componet up front Diamond 12" subs Alpine/Rockford Fosgate amps
              http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2492567
              http://www.myspace.com/the_great_m

Comment

well there is a G6 with an ecotec engine available so it pertains
                TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

Yea the engine light is because of the intake. System too lean. Apparently the stock computer doesn't like more air I'll tune it soon enough and get rid of that sucker.

I agree they are impressive engines but they're not really anything special when compared with Jap engines, finally GMs making power out of 4 cylinders. Well, actually its Saab so..... GM cant even take all the credit.
                  2007 G5 Base Model
                  Black 5 Speed

Walmart - A store where you can buy a shot gun, ammunition, a ski mask, a baseball bat, a meat cleaver and map of the middle east, but you can't buy a CD that has a "Parental Advisory" sticker.

Comment

You know that GM owns Saab, right?

sigpic
                    Mobil 1 | Doctorspeed Stage 3 & 4 CAI | CRABS | Sacchi S45 245 Black 18" Rims | 6000k HID Headlights + Fogs | GT-R Exhaust | 20% Tint | Pioneer AppRadio 2

Comment

Originally posted by Eco_JUNK
                      Yea the engine light is because of the intake. System too lean. Apparently the stock computer doesn't like more air I'll tune it soon enough and get rid of that sucker.

I agree they are impressive engines but they're not really anything special when compared with Jap engines, finally GMs making power out of 4 cylinders. Well, actually its Saab so..... GM cant even take all the credit.
                      Well we DO have the Japanese engines beat in Tq. Put your Eco next to a Civic(properly built) and see who gets it off the line first.

Comment

Originally posted by TLS2000
                        You know that GM owns Saab, right?
                        Of course, but Saab developed Ecotecs before GM took over as far as I know. Like how Buick actually developed the 3800, but its a "GM engine". Thats all I was saying.

And as to the civic comparison. Shave about 400 lbs off the G6, then we have a race, lol.
                        2007 G5 Base Model
                        Black 5 Speed

Comment

Oh, and it looks like the Ecotec was designed by Opel.

sigpic
                          Mobil 1 | Doctorspeed Stage 3 & 4 CAI | CRABS | Sacchi S45 245 Black 18" Rims | 6000k HID Headlights + Fogs | GT-R Exhaust | 20% Tint | Pioneer AppRadio 2

Comment

Wow, thats true. I've been misinformed. Well, my point is still relevant. GM can't take all the credit for the Ecotec.
                            2007 G5 Base Model
                            Black 5 Speed

Comment

GM owns Opel.

sigpic

Comment

I installed an injen intake in my Ecotec a while back and got the same problem you did. I checked and it said the mix was 60%air/40%fuel which as you said the engine didnt like. I thought about changing the fuel injectors but in fear of throwing more codes i decided against it. As for sound and power increase it was definetly worth the money. but if you find a way to get rid of that pesky little light let me know
                                just remember, fat kids are harder to kidnap

Comment

Working...
                                X