Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

EXHAUST!(Any Info or questions post here)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: EXHAUST!(Any Info or questions post here)

Originally posted by Dextar View Post
    Well that's what I was trying to figure out, I didn't see one listed for a G6. My front cats are shot and need to be replaced, I was looking for alternatives instead of dropping 500+ on the direct fit pieces.
    I see the ataks on eBay all the time. Seen a pair for a 2013 camaro go for 400 bucks. Seen another for 400.

Comment

Did I miss something, does the Camaro one fit the G6?

20% Tint, Cross-Drilled & Slotted Rotors, Red Painted Calipers, 6000k H.I.D., LED Interior Lights, Carbon Fiber GM Interior, 18" SenDel S26 rims, Volant CAI.
      Wish List: Homelink, Black Sabersport projector headlights

Comment

Originally posted by dax47vlx View Post
        Amazon NOT showing a Listing for OBX system Only headers...
        that where i got mine
        for like 300 bucks

Comment

Originally posted by Dextar View Post
          Did I miss something, does the Camaro one fit the G6?
          Its the same 2.5 and Its round so it will tuck under our cars better. Better enough to do two of them.

Comment

Hey so I haven't found any post on this but what would your guys opinions be on straight piping my g6 and if not putting a flow master 44 series on it

Comment

Hey guys, I need some help from the parts gods. So I noticed an exhaust leak the other day and when I checked it out both the gasket and the corresponding nuts/bolts were gone. So I know what the part number is for the gasket but does anyone have any ideas on the bolts/nuts to connect everything back up.

So the gasket I lost is #7 in this picture. I need the bolts/nuts to connect #'s 1,7 & 6 back together.

If there's no exact part is it something I can pick up at home depot or something?

Thanks for any help!

Comment

• EXHAUST!(Any Info or questions post here)

Originally posted by kingcast View Post
                Hey guys, I need some help from the parts gods. So I noticed an exhaust leak the other day and when I checked it out both the gasket and the corresponding nuts/bolts were gone. So I know what the part number is for the gasket but does anyone have any ideas on the bolts/nuts to connect everything back up.

So the gasket I lost is #7 in this picture. I need the bolts/nuts to connect #'s 1,7 & 6 back together.

If there's no exact part is it something I can pick up at home depot or something?

Thanks for any help!
                You just really need it to hold, I have the OBX catback and all it is is just big bolts with nuts I can't remember if there is a washer or not but if there is a specific part # for the bolts used, I doubt there any dif then that of a stainless hardware store bolt. I would just make sure you get stainless nuts and bolts, your choice on the washer or not, I would for the bolt head side personally, (maybe both to insure even pressure for less risk of another leak maybe?) idk just a thought aha
                Last edited by Newellzie; 11-01-2015, 10:48 PM.
                I live my life a quarter mile at a time. For those 16 seconds or less... I'm telling my g6... Go faster!!!

Progression Page
                http://www.g6performance.com/forum/s...t=26265&page=1

Comment

Yeah after a little research I agree, i think i'm just gonna pick up some stainless steel nuts, bolts & washers, thanks for the input!
                  Side note, how do you like the OBX?

Comment

Yeah after a little research I agree, i think i'm just gonna pick up some stainless steel nuts, bolts & washers, thanks for the input!
                    Side note, how do you like the OBX?

Comment

I love it! I mean it's perfect for me cause It's my daily so I didn't want it outrageously loud and so it's a perfect mix. If you want it to be quite, idle - 2700 rpm is just a little rumble but not loud, you get a little louder above that to 3800 but, nothing people would think to be abnormal. But went you floor it it hops to 4000 and above and screams. A lot of my friends like it and say it's a good balance as well. If you want super loud this isn't the option but if this is your daily it's perfect!
                      I live my life a quarter mile at a time. For those 16 seconds or less... I'm telling my g6... Go faster!!!

Progression Page
                      http://www.g6performance.com/forum/s...t=26265&page=1

Comment

hi everyone, hope someone is still checking this thread lol.

I'm fairly new to performance modding and looking to modify / upgrade my stock exhaust on my 2009 2.4 liter.

Looking to add a nice sound and hopefully performance gains, that being said I cant really find a straight answer as to what options i have for a 4 cylinder. apparently there's some road blocks ( 2 cat converters, back pressure requirement, etc?)

I've read about the GT-R kit but thats no longer available? Also read about the OBX catback which apparently can fit on a 2.4 L but you have to make some custom fits? can anyone confirm that?

Lastly, say I was to skip the actual exhaust system upgrade and just go for a resonator delete / muffler upgrade (single exhaust magnaflow or flowmaster probably), what would be compatible / recommended.

Sorry for all the questions, Its not from lack of research, more so its from finding SO many contradictory stories I don't know what to believe anymore lol

Thanks!
                        Last edited by Infexous; 02-25-2016, 07:34 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Infexous View Post
                          hi everyone, hope someone is still checking this thread lol.

I'm fairly new to performance modding and looking to modify / upgrade my stock exhaust on my 2009 2.4 liter.

Looking to add a nice sound and hopefully performance gains, that being said I cant really find a straight answer as to what options i have for a 4 cylinder. apparently there's some road blocks ( 2 cat converters, back pressure requirement, etc?)

I've read about the GT-R kit but thats no longer available? Also read about the OBX catback which apparently can fit on a 2.4 L but you have to make some custom fits? can anyone confirm that?

Lastly, say I was to skip the actual exhaust system upgrade and just go for a resonator delete / muffler upgrade (single exhaust magnaflow or flowmaster probably), what would be compatible / recommended.

Sorry for all the questions, Its not from lack of research, more so its from finding SO many contradictory stories I don't know what to believe anymore lol

Thanks!
                          I suggest borla s-type. I'm going for their ATAK ones. I'm also x-piping mine as well. I'm using reckless motorsports to do my setup.

Comment

Here is a good question, if I run dual exhaust, how would I add another air fuel sensor to the down stream portion of the pipe? Would I just splice two together and plug it to the existing down stream sensor. Maybe on the center of the x-pipe that I will be adding?

Comment

been looking for a deep sounding muffler lately and settled on the flowmaster 80 series but I can't find any information if it fits my car. All the videos I find on youtube seem to be 07 and below and flowmasters website isn't helpful.
                              09.5 Pontiac G6 GT Coupe with 3.5L. What muffler model would I be looking for and would I need anything other than just the muffler itself when installing?

Comment

Hey what's up guys? I have a little question. This is probably a bit different than most exhaust posts. So right now I have a flowmaster super 44 and no resonator. It has a nice tone but around 3500 rpms shes got those nasty tiny pops. Of course because the res was removed. I had it removed because I have the convertible and it suffered from the degradation they are known for. I was thinking about buying a flowmaster outlaw to play in the resonator position. How does that sound? And any other ideas? I never see many ppl use an outlaw for such.

Comment

Working...
                                X