Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

EXHAUST!(Any Info or questions post here)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

that would be cheeper, but you get a better and higherflowing exhaust system with the gtr
    BCG Member #1::G6er Elite

Comment

what the hell, i guess i can post a link to my exhaust clips here

http://forums.genvibe.com/zerothread?id=27115

for those of you who aren't aware, it's a 2.5" catback with a flowmaster 80 series muffler. (side mount, single in, dual out)

a much cheaper solution that a premade one if you are strapped for cash. (mine was only about $360 total)

Comment

sounds good. ive always liked the flowmaster sound.

then again, i wont get that 5.0 sound i had with my stang either

nothing beats a 302 with no cats, an Hpipe and two Flows!
        -Lucy-
        2006 Silver Gt Coupe
        3.5 l v6, alloy 17"s
        sun and sound package, leather package.

Cardomain Site:
        http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2663987

Comment

to be honest with you, the stang 5.0 flowmaster is the most common sound you will ever hear. i know it before i even see the car.

Comment

Well i am taking my car in monday to get the exhaust done. I am going with the GT-R set up (with the camaro muffler) and 4" tips. I cant wait! Hope it sounds good like everyone that has the GT-R cat back. Probably not the exact same, but close enough for me, i guess.
            06 GT Memphis 6x9's in rear Diamond componet up front Diamond 12" subs Alpine/Rockford Fosgate amps
            http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2492567
            http://www.myspace.com/the_great_m

Comment

From TankMalones thread.

Originally posted by TankMalone
              i know, another exhaust thread, but heres my idea, im assuming it will hold up without welding because every cat-back i have installed/purchased has been clamped together and not welded, so here goes...im going to remove the entire stock cat-back, using a 2.5" straight pipe to the rear axel, then add three 90 degree mandrel bends (first to turn toward passenger side, second to turn back towards rear of car, third to turn towards driver side) into a magnaflow muffler, one more 90 degree mandrel bend to exit out the factory location in the bumper...im getting the pipe and bends from summit...my biggest question is, what muffler should i go with? any opinions, advise?

Originally posted by the TANK
              I wanted to take my pipes under the gas tank too but i dont know if thats the best decision

but it sounds cool go for it man

basically just going to redo the factory cat back with 2.5" pipe, no resonator, and a magnaflow muffler, im going to route it with the same bends as factory...i think im forgetting 2 bends before the axle...anyone have a clear pic of the bottom of their car, such as on a lift?

anyone know a specific part number for a muffler to use, preferably magnaflow or borla? now im thinking of just cutting out the resonator and throwing in a borla with a center inlet and offset outlet and keeeping the 2.25'' stock pipe
              Originally posted by EmersonHart13
              I know there are part numbers on here for dual exhaust, you could probably use those part numbers to get a dimension or call Magnaflow to get the single exhaust version of the muffler.

As mentioned before, Search...

John
              2009 Panther Black G8 GT
              334 WHP 347 WTQ

Comment

went to a local shop today, 2.5" from the factory 'y-pipe' back to a single outlet magnaflow muffler, $300 and it sounds amazing.
                custom 2.5” cat-back with magnaflow single in and out, alpine Type-R 12”, Alpine MRP m650

Comment

went to a local shop today, 2.5" from the factory 'y-pipe' back to a single outlet magnaflow muffler, $300 and it sounds amazing.
                  What kind of piping? Did they use Mandral bends?
                  2009 Panther Black G8 GT
                  334 WHP 347 WTQ

Comment

They used aluminized steel, not too worried about going stainless plus I wont have my car long enough to need it, could have got it but would have been another couple hundred $$$, not mandrel bends but I believe they used either a 6” or 9” radius for the bends so those don’t hurt me too much and going up to a 2.5” pipe is giving me more flow than I need (looked at the bends are not pushed in at all, if I can get some pics ill post them)….just thought id post to show another option for those that don’t have/don’t want to spend a ton of money on a decent exhaust…but I am more than satisfied with this, especially considering I spent 900 on the borla cat back for my 01 trans am (which is now totaled and the reason I now drive the G6...o how I miss that car haha)
                    custom 2.5” cat-back with magnaflow single in and out, alpine Type-R 12”, Alpine MRP m650

Comment

Now that I look at it, I wish I had a GT-R. It does sound good however.
                      G6P member 340

G8 GT 334 0f 1st 888
                      Pedders Street II suspension. Pedders Strut Tower bar. VMS HSRK, VMS PCM/TCM tune, Forged and Stroked LS3, Garrett Turbo
                      Borla Cat back. SLP underdrive pulley. FAST ported 102 intake and TB ported. BMR trailing arms, Circle D 3200 stall converter.
                      20 percent tint by Scott's tinting and graphics.

Comment

I don't have a GT-R system, but I am very happy with my custom dual Magnflow setup.

2008 Mazda Mazdaspeed3 GT
                        Forge Motorsports BPV
                        CP-E Xcel Nano SRI
                        HKS 3" Hi-Power CBE
                        HyperTech Max Energy Tune

Comment

Yours is sweet Keith, no doubt about it. I don't have mandrel bent or stainless though.
                          G6P member 340

G8 GT 334 0f 1st 888
                          Pedders Street II suspension. Pedders Strut Tower bar. VMS HSRK, VMS PCM/TCM tune, Forged and Stroked LS3, Garrett Turbo
                          Borla Cat back. SLP underdrive pulley. FAST ported 102 intake and TB ported. BMR trailing arms, Circle D 3200 stall converter.
                          20 percent tint by Scott's tinting and graphics.

Comment

Originally posted by ElecBlueG6GT
                            Yours is sweet Keith, no doubt about it. I don't have mandrel bent or stainless though.
                            Thanks. My system is stainless steel, but with very good machine bends(not mandrel).
                            2008 Mazda Mazdaspeed3 GT
                            Forge Motorsports BPV
                            CP-E Xcel Nano SRI
                            HKS 3" Hi-Power CBE
                            HyperTech Max Energy Tune

Comment

Originally posted by RicJilla22
                              Originally posted by GT-R
                              Originally posted by revgregd
                              Slight change of topic ... has anyone tried using a different muffler in the GT-R exhaust system either for a different tone or even to try to get more performance? Don't have my GT-R system yet but want to plan ahead for anything that can be done with this exhaust.
                              You can always go to another muffler, but I tried several different types, and didn't like the sound. This set up came the closest to sounding like a Porsche or an exotic european, while still making a nice gain in performance.

Working with a v6 is tricky, if your not carefull, you'll end up with an obnoxious sound, or that of the infamous ricer.
                              This is exactly what I am trying to avoid on my car.... GT-R, what exhaust did you go with for your car?????
                              I just put a GT-R on my car and wondered what other people were experiencing sound wise over 3500 rpm. Mine sounds a bit ricer-ish and high-pitched. I just had it installed yesterday so I'm hoping it isn't 'settled' in yet.
                              If life is a highway, than I'm driving!
                              SSSS #8 06 Silver GTP CAB GT-R

Comment

Yeah you gotta work it in for a bit and it'll get better, drive it hard a couple times to heat it up good.

Comment

Working...
                                X