Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: RIP Saturn 1985-2010

Cleaned up the crap out of this thread.

If you don't have anything productive to say, don't say a thing.
    2009 PONTIAC G8
    MAGNETIC GRAY METALLIC

Comment

Originally posted by MPCentauri
      FWIW Joe, I've been loving my Aura every day I drive it. For the one minor problem I've had so far, the service has been better than excellent. I really hope all the sales and service people get some kind of assistance in finding work at other dealerships, if they want it.

I know how much work you put into getting me that car, especially the whole out of state, little to no credit history thing. The Saturn experience has been great, and I'll certainly miss it.
      Thanks so very much!
      ....................................... Foreverpontiac.com offical friend of G6P.com......................................
      .................................................. .. Progression & Pics thread .................................................. ..

Comment

Ya know what I relized on my way to work today. Im a two time looser.
        I own a Pontiac and work for saturn.

let see anyone of ya beat that!
        ....................................... Foreverpontiac.com offical friend of G6P.com......................................
        .................................................. .. Progression & Pics thread .................................................. ..

Comment

People in America HAVE NO CLUE (or atleas this person) I was talking with a service customer today. She was telling me how sad she was about Saturn going under "but you'll be ok GM will just transfer you to another dealership" Um no all dealers are independently owned and we don't work directly for GM. If the owners of our dealership don't do anything every person in the building is out of a job! She was shocked and speechless.

Comment

Originally posted by jedi3
            Also thanks Nobama for protecting the auto company's and not doing anything to protect the people that are loosing there jobs in the industry! He's just another politician taking care of big business and not taking care of Americans.
            I feel sorry for you and I agree with everything you said. However, since GM is now majority publicly owned, it wouldn't be right to use taxpayers' money to prop up a business that was never profitable just to protect jobs.

Obama did do a big favor for the autoworkers. He preserved the huge pension fund and awarded them a huge share in the new GM, at the expense of shareholders and bondholders' interests. In a normal bankruptcy, other than secured creditors, everything would be in jeopardy including the union itself.

Comment

I am sad to see Saturn go, but it kind of sets things right. Saturn should have been cut before Oldsmobile. Saturn should have been cut before Pontiac. It was another car division within GM that was draining resources away from their main car divisions.

The brands that GM should have today:

Chevrolet, Cadillac, Pontiac, Buick

Kill all other brands.

In the end, this will help to make the dealer network STRONGER. Less GM dealers means more GM cars sold per dealer, which in turn makes the dealers more money. It's sad when a Toyota dealer can move 10x the amount of vehicles that a similar sized GM dealer does right next door. This should help to fix that.

I already know of at least one Saturn dealer that saw the writing on the wall and switched over to Hyundai.

sigpic
              Mobil 1 | Doctorspeed Stage 3 & 4 CAI | CRABS | Sacchi S45 245 Black 18" Rims | 6000k HID Headlights + Fogs | GT-R Exhaust | 20% Tint | Pioneer AppRadio 2

Comment

For some reason GM loved Saturn way more than Pontiac. Almost all resources had been going to the other divisions and Pontiac were left with crumbs. Only in the last 2-3 years did they start to take Pontiac seriously, but it's too late the crisis hit and they had to pull the plug.

Hyundai is a low volume player relatively speaking but at least it is backed by a giant corporation determined to make a presence in North America. So yeah that dealer made a smart move.

Comment

hyundai really has come a long way with their cars. i might consider a Sonata when my lease is up in march 2011
                  2011 Toyota Camry- gunmetal gray-7,869 miles
                  2008 Pontiac G6, white- 26,065 miles- traded in

Comment

Originally posted by cdipier2
                    hyundai really has come a long way with their cars. i might consider a Sonata when my lease is up in march 2011
                    Sonata's are garbage...
                    Hyundai seems to be turning other things around but the Sonata is horrible, transmission is HORRIBLEE
                    2008 Pontiac G6 GXP -AIT Kit - Rear Tint - 18s - Coming Soon: Tinted Tails, GT-R,
                    2006 Pontiac Grand Prix
                    1982 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham

Comment

hyundai=

750WHP Magnacharged GTO.....WTF!
                      TVS2300 GTO, Innovators West 8" Overdrive Pulley, ECS Tensioner, SD tuned by Andrew at Complete street performance, Ed Curtis custom Lunati camshaft 230/236 .6XX/.6XX 113 LSA, Hardened Pushrods, Lunati .675 lift Valve Springs, Single Walbro 255 fuel pump in stock bucket, Kooks 1 7/8 Jet hot coated Headers , Kooks 3" catless mid pipes with DMH low pro electric cutouts, Spintech 2.5" stainless steel exhaust with X pipe, Carbon fiber Cold air box with AEM air filter, Billet products short shifter, JamesBiz Oil catch can, Pedders 5/16" raise springs with drag bags, Weld RTS Black with Hoosiers
                      Show
                      -20% tint
                      -bohaman AUX-in radio mod
                      -Professionally heated seats

Comment

Originally posted by leaveitsmokin
                        Originally posted by cdipier2
                        Sonata's are garbage...
                        Hyundai seems to be turning other things around but the Sonata is horrible, transmission is HORRIBLEE
                        my friend has an 06 sonata and she loves it. i been in it a bunch of times and i dont have any complaints. seemed to have decent acceleration and was relatively comfortable

Comment

We have an 06 Sonata too, i think it looks cool, and accelerates decent but the transmission is pretty jumpy, very laggy, and we have to replace it soon as it is having trouble shifting period. btw it only has 18,000km on it...

also the interior is very cheap, the headliner handles have ALL fallen out, and the cupholder cover gets jammed regularly

as far as trying to get things done by warranty, they give us all the excuses and reasons in the book about how it MUST be our fault,
                          so just a tale of caution, if your going to go the Hyundai route i would say go with a Genesis or nothing
                          2008 Pontiac G6 GXP -AIT Kit - Rear Tint - 18s - Coming Soon: Tinted Tails, GT-R,
                          2006 Pontiac Grand Prix
                          1982 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham

Comment

hey man thanks for the heads up. i havent been in it enough to know the daily annoyances. she has 25,000 miles on it and never complains so who knows

i still have a year and 5 months before i give the car back but i know the time will fly. what my next car will be is still up in the air. i was considering an altima, the new fusion and maybe the malibu. out of all i think the altima is the sexiest, especially the coupe

Comment

Comment

Working...
                              X