Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Want to replace new style gauge cluster and fit into 2005 G6

Hello,

Quick question, is it possible to fit the new style gauge cluster into a 2005 G6 gt? I just recently noticed on the net that there is a new style instrument panel on the 2009 G6's. Will this type work on the 2005's or any other year? Here is a link to what the new style looks like >>>

http://l.yimg.com/dv/izp/pontiac_g6_gxp ... luster.jpg

This gauge model is on the 2009 GXP .

Re: Want to replace new style gauge cluster and fit into 2005 G6

IDK that it has been done........yet. It maybe possible but I see it beeing a PITA to do.

Oh and and

Originally posted by BAMBAMM
    I'm about the best wingman in the San Joaquin Valley...........I'm the guy that will hit on the ugly friend, so you can swoop in and bag the hottie friend.

Comment

True true, but im thinking as long as the cable connection type connected behind the cluster is the same as the older model then maybe yes it could be possible that it might work, i like the new otto style they designed so if it did work id give it a try and install the cluster to see how it turn's out.

Comment

Not possible, it's been asked about before. The 2009.5 MY's have completely different BCM setups to accomidate the new gauges. The BCM can't just be dropped in as it would not interface with the other computer comonents of the older G6's.
        2015 Chevy SS, Perfect Blue Metallic, Sunroof, No Spare, M6
        Appearance: Full LED Conversion, 6000L D3S HID Bulbs, Holden Rear and Front Embloms
        Go Stuff: Diablew 93 Octane Tune

Missed and not forgotten. Traded.
        2005 CGM GTO.
        386whp, 364ft-lb torque, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Tuning, K&N Intake, VX Tails, Halo Projectors
        2009 G8 GT SRM Premium Package, 6000K LED + HID Lows, Factory Bluetooth Retrofit, Atari Gauges, Factory iPod Control, 93 Octane Diablew Tune, Vararam Intake, MBR Strut Bar, Corsa Catback, DBA 4000SX Slotted + Drilled Rotors, Hawk Ceramic Pads.

Comment

Ahh ok, gotcha i understand, Thank you for the info. Too bad it would not work, the new style looks good. I guess i can try changing the led's to another color, but its too much work and im scared that im going to damage my cluster.

Comment

Theres a "How To" on changing the leds in a cluster

Comment

Easiest way to put an 09 cluster in your garage is to put an 09 G6 in your garage.
              2009 PONTIAC G8
              MAGNETIC GRAY METALLIC

Comment

Maybe somebody who makes the white gauge faces will begin producing the 2009 style faces?

Or if you're able to get your hands on an 09 cluster from a wrecked car, just swap the faces into your 05 cluster?

Comment

Originally posted by DrewpyDawg
                  Maybe somebody who makes the white gauge faces will begin producing the 2009 style faces?

Or if you're able to get your hands on an 09 cluster from a wrecked car, just swap the faces into your 05 cluster?
                  Is THIS possible??? I understand that NO we won't have the DIC on the dash but the Gauges, do look better.

Originally posted by BAMBAMM
                  I'm about the best wingman in the San Joaquin Valley...........I'm the guy that will hit on the ugly friend, so you can swoop in and bag the hottie friend.

Comment

Alrighty, not sure if this has been posted on the site before or a long time ago, but here you guys go.... You have been wondering bout doing the gauge cluster swap because you like the different look, well I found a site for very cheap that can do almost anything you want to your cluster,

Black Cat Custom, Click Here

It's not about how fast you get to your destination, it's about how you many heads
                    you turn when you get there...

My Progression Page
                    CarDomainMySpace

Comment

Originally posted by 1BADG6GT
                      Is THIS possible??? I understand that NO we won't have the DIC on the dash but the Gauges, do look better.

Read up people!

Originally posted by WoodburyMan
                      Not possible, it's been asked about before. The 2009.5 MY's have completely different BCM setups to accomidate the new gauges. The BCM can't just be dropped in as it would not interface with the other computer comonents of the older G6's.
                      2009 PONTIAC G8
                      MAGNETIC GRAY METALLIC

Comment

We weren't talking about swapping the whole cluster, we were talking about the possibility of taking just the gauge faces out of the 09 cluster and putting them in the 05 cluster.

Comment

We weren't talking about swapping the whole cluster, we were talking about the possibility of taking just the gauge faces out of the 09 cluster and putting them in the 05 cluster.
                          Did you read my post? I don't think I anyone did, the site I posted makes clusters for our 6s, they might be able to make something work for us...

It's not about how fast you get to your destination, it's about how you many heads
                          you turn when you get there...

My Progression Page
                          CarDomainMySpace

Comment

You are correct, I didn't catch that, my apologies.

However, I still say it won't work. (A) the odometer readout on the new cluster is significantly larger than the old one because it now accomodates the DIC, and (2) the speedometer and tach are both scaled differently and will not be accurate for an 05 gt.

Originally posted by danmccormick87
                            Did you read my post? I don't think I anyone did, the site I posted makes clusters for our 6s, they might be able to make something work for us...
                            Yes, we all are very familiar with that company, they makes the white faces many of us already have. Sorry, you didn't stumble upon anything new.
                            2009 PONTIAC G8
                            MAGNETIC GRAY METALLIC

Comment

Originally posted by ragingfish
                              Yes, we all are very familiar with that company, they makes the white faces many of us already have. Sorry, you didn't stumble upon anything new.
                              But they do custom work, so I'm sure they could easily copy the color and style of the 09 faces but keep everything in scale for the earlier cluster. Of course it's probably going to cost a lot more than a cluster from a wreck.

Comment

Working...
                              X