X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: California, Legal/Illegal Vehicle Mods laws

Originally posted by beefiesG6
    Originally posted by markpetersonii
    Yeah, luckily none of this is done YET. When I do I'll probably be pulled over on base, they actually set up Window tint check points.
    haha thats funny
    Not really, it kinda sucks. They actually make you take it off right there!

Comment

Originally posted by beefiesG6
      Yeah, luckily none of this is done YET. When I do I'll probably be pulled over on base, they actually set up Window tint check points.
      haha thats funny
      MP suck ASSS!!! Here local popos site you, you given the option to "fix" the issue (tint) then take it to CHP to get the ticket signed off, then only pay a 10 admin fee......... or pay a fee and don't remove the tint, BUT then get a HEAVIER fine if pulled over again for a repeated offense.

Originally posted by BAMBAMM
      I'm about the best wingman in the San Joaquin Valley...........I'm the guy that will hit on the ugly friend, so you can swoop in and bag the hottie friend.

Comment

yah got popped again for not having a front plate, but fuck them, ill just put my double sided tape on it again, put it on get it corrected and pull it back off. i really hate parking enforcement. they got me twice now for the front plate missing.

Mods- VMS ECM/TCM Tune, Custom Magnaflow Cat Back, Full CRAB Intake, Racing Line Motor Mounts and Strut Tower Brace. Tinted Windows & Tails. EBC USR Rotors Front and Rear running YellowStuff Pads
        Originally posted by ahuhn
        so i just realized there a drawer in my room that has nothing in it but tequila, condoms and a blow up doll. cant figure out if thats a good thing or not

Comment

Originally posted by snowmanG6
          yah got popped again for not having a front plate, but fuck them, ill just put my double sided tape on it again, put it on get it corrected and pull it back off. i really hate parking enforcement. they got me twice now for the front plate missing.
          they got me for that down by Miramar. I just told them one of the screws fell off and I had the plate in my trunk. Hahaha

Comment

haha, cant tell them that when im in the court house for jury duty, and the car is parked out front and they drive by looking at all the cars

Mods- VMS ECM/TCM Tune, Custom Magnaflow Cat Back, Full CRAB Intake, Racing Line Motor Mounts and Strut Tower Brace. Tinted Windows & Tails. EBC USR Rotors Front and Rear running YellowStuff Pads
            Originally posted by ahuhn
            so i just realized there a drawer in my room that has nothing in it but tequila, condoms and a blow up doll. cant figure out if thats a good thing or not

Comment

Originally posted by 1BADG6GT
              MP suck ASSS!!! Here local popos site you, you given the option to "fix" the issue (tint) then take it to CHP to get the ticket signed off, then only pay a 10 admin fee......... or pay a fee and don't remove the tint, BUT then get a HEAVIER fine if pulled over again for a repeated offense.

In jersey, people who are pulled over for having tinted windshield and/or front side windows (illegal in NJ without medical necessity and a doctor's note) are often times forced to pull the tint off on site -- even if it's the side of a busy interstate.
              2009 PONTIAC G8
              MAGNETIC GRAY METALLIC

Comment

Originally posted by ragingfish

In jersey, people who are pulled over for having tinted windshield and/or front side windows (illegal in NJ without medical necessity and a doctor's note) are often times forced to pull the tint off on site -- even if it's the side of a busy interstate.
                According to my bro they have similar laws in Virginia.
                I was cited for that in my camaro in addition to tinted windows, no registration, no insurance, no drivers lic... The mofo chp was training a cadet so he slapped the whole f-ing book on me!!!

I'm about the best wingman in the San Joaquin Valley...........I'm the guy that will hit on the ugly friend, so you can swoop in and bag the hottie friend.

Comment

I was cited for that in my camaro in addition to tinted windows, no registration, no insurance, no drivers lic... The mofo chp was training a cadet so he slapped the whole f-ing book on me!!!
                  DAMN!!!

Comment

DAMN!!!
                    i know huh! when did this happen?

______________________The Untouchable!____________________

Comment

Originally posted by Ghost
                      i know huh! when did this happen?
                      Now that I think about it... it's been abou a year or so.... The last run in with the law was about 6 months ago in Valencia, Ca (SPEED TRAP) in my Honda... then when I got the tails tinted on the 6 the first time (popo let me go with a warning)...

Comment

6 months ago in Valencia, Ca (SPEED TRAP) in my Honda...
                        seriously? honda?

Comment

seriously? honda?
                          Yes..... I know, I know..... It was before I got the 6!!! matter fact I sold IT to get the 6!!!

And YES speed trap..... I'll explain later....

Comment

seriously? honda?
                            Yes..... I know, I know..... It was before I got the 6!!! matter fact I sold IT to get the 6!!!

And YES speed trap..... I'll explain later....
                            good. cuz we need an explination. 1 more thing or 2...how many fart cans did you have on it? any supercharged stickers?

Comment

good. cuz we need an explination. 1 more thing or 2...how many fart cans did you have on it? any supercharged stickers?

Comment

I'm 36 and I live in Sacramento. I don't have a front license plate on. The best way to avoid being hasseled by LE(Law Enforcment) for this is to keep that tag from the dealership, the one they stick on the front windshield, right where it is. I've kept mine on since the day I bought the car. Never have I gotten a ticket for not having a front plate. (but if I do, I have it right in the trunk, waiting on the dealership to send me that hideous mount kit that goes on the front bumber.....took that off the day I got the car home.)

I've found that if you have alot of exterior modifications done to your vehicle, the more flare you have, the more likely LE is going to pull you over. I haven't tinted my windows for that exact reason. If LE can see the person in the car, especially since I'm an older guy, they just turn their head. My rear plate light doesn't even work, and I've had many a LE car behind me. For the exhaust, I had my resonator removed and got a magnaflow muffler put on. I didn't wanna chance having an incident with the noise it created, so I went back and had them put on a magnaflow resonator, much better! It doesn't scream "Hey Look at me" when I accellerate away normally from a dead stop.

Yeah, I do think age plays a huge factor in being left alone, too. I do believe the more exterior modifications that are made really do draw more attention to the car, you just happen to be the driver. So be sure to make sure all your lights work, that's usually the first thing they look for!
                                "I put the Giggity into Each and Every Thread"

2009 Performance Red Metallic G6, Progression Page

Comment

Working...
                                X