This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ***Find your states legal tint limit***

If you guys didn't know about the legal limit for tindow tinting in your state this might help.

http://www.doityourselftint.com/tintlaws.html

and I also had a question whats a VESC20??

Edit: I take for granted that if your states not on the list you don't have a tint law
    '06 G6GT 4dr sedan, black leather bucket seats, fully loaded... more to be done -SooJ

not sure about your question but Im def going to sticky this addy and maybe it will cut down on repetative questions about tint! Thanks!
    Originally posted by Toyz
    Originally posted by simplyred
    what do you guys think about switching up the teams again?!
    As long as i dont have to catch, i am all for it!

Comment

no problem

no probs man
      '06 G6GT 4dr sedan, black leather bucket seats, fully loaded... more to be done -SooJ

Comment

Be careful with posting this kind of information as the laws continue to change. I didn't see a date on the list, but in Missouri from 2002 to present the legal limit is 35% tint on front side windows, any tint on rear side and rear windows, none on the windshield.

(Rev) Greg
        (Rev) Greg :: 2006 Fusion Orange GTP Coupe auto - 35% tint - MPD hood - Razzi wing- Dr. Speed CAB - GTR exhaust - GM STB - caliper paint/decals - mesh lower grilles - more to come

Comment

o

it says date in the far left sides its bit old but thought it might help but next time ill post ppl to beaware that laws might have changed a bit

Comment

updated

Hmm these are more updated but still very simmilar.

http://www.tintcenter.com/laws/
            window tinting laws more updated than first post.

http://www.berksweb.com/users/dmv/tint/law.html
            useful info for PA drivers.

im at work so i cant find much but if i can ill post more later

Comment

there are tons of tint-law sites.
              -Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

Comment

What he said. ^^^
                G6P member 340

G8 GT 334 0f 1st 888
                Pedders Street II suspension. Pedders Strut Tower bar. VMS HSRK, VMS PCM/TCM tune, Forged and Stroked LS3, Garrett Turbo
                Borla Cat back. SLP underdrive pulley. FAST ported 102 intake and TB ported. BMR trailing arms, Circle D 3200 stall converter.
                20 percent tint by Scott's tinting and graphics.

Comment

Oooo nice execution of the new smiley my friend!
                  -Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

Comment

Re: o

Originally posted by revgregd
                    I didn't see a date on the list
                    Originally posted by lilsky
                    it says date in the far left sides its bit old but thought it might help but next time ill post ppl to beaware that laws might have changed a bit
                    Oh yeah, how about that? YEAR = Date
                    (Rev) Greg :: 2006 Fusion Orange GTP Coupe auto - 35% tint - MPD hood - Razzi wing- Dr. Speed CAB - GTR exhaust - GM STB - caliper paint/decals - mesh lower grilles - more to come

Comment

Texas

As for Texas goes I do believe its 35% on front side and 5% on the back and you can have 5% on the visor also. As for me...I have 10% on the front sides and 5% on the back. Lucky for me I know the right people so I haven't been pulled over yet. Yet being the key word in that sentence.
                      -Amanda
                      2006 G6 GT
                      "The G Spot" lol
                      loaded and all that good stuff (-onstar and XM)
                      Sirius Sportster Replay
                      2 Alpine 12's, Alpine Amp....yea I'm cool.

Comment

Pennsylvania is...

35% front two side windows... back 2 side and back window can be dark as you want ^_^

Comment

Colorado's is wrong. It is 3" down on the windsheild and 27% or greater on the front side windows. All rear windows can be as black as you want it. Trust me I know.

http://www.cardomain.com/id/WS6Racing" Totaly Badged 2006 Red GT Loaded
                          Originally posted by [i
                          Nancy Reagan[/i]]"Theres no such thing as a stupid question, theres just stupid people that ask questions" 1987

Comment

When it comes down to it everything just depends on how much the police in your area care about tint.. if your really so worried about it just go ask a local officer because they should tell you straight up... i wouldn't take any web sites word for it

Comment

Originally posted by Ed
                              When it comes down to it everything just depends on how much the police in your area care about tint.. if your really so worried about it just go ask a local officer because they should tell you straight up... i wouldn't take any web sites word for it
                              Not to diss officers as a whole but I seem to meet the stupid ones when I ask for information they should know. Example...I asked a cop if there were any rules pertaining to moving my firearms from Montana to Alabama. The officer began arresting me for illegally transporting firearms across state lines. Luckily, another cop asked him what the Hell he was donig, apologized for the incident and gave me some free VIP passes for the senior bowl.
                              How do I set a laser printer to stun?

Comment

Working...
                              X