This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ***Find your states legal tint limit***

Looks like Michigan will allow any % on top 4" only of windshield and front windows, any darkness on rear and back side windows. Anyone know how silly a G6 would look with just the rear and back windows done? 4" on fronts just seems like a waste of time to me.

Wish I still lived in Montana, 24% on front and 14% on back and rear.

Comment

That whole 4" thing really bugs me. But I've been paying more attention lately and there are a lot of cars in my area which don't bother with this one. I've seen a few what seems to be about 20% on all side windows.

Wonder what the fine would be like anyway...

Comment

Illinois passed House Bill 3325 on Friday which makes it legal to have tint on your front windows in Illinois. If you have 35% or lighter in the back you can go down to 35% in the front. If you have between 30% and 35% in the back you can have 50% or lighter in the front. If you have less than 30% in the back you can't have any tint in the front.

Comment

Easier put

TINT BILL IS NOW A GOLDEN LAW!!!

GET YOUR TINT BOYS!!!

Up to 35% in the Rear/up to 35% front
          35-30% in the rear/up to 50% front
          IF YOU HAVE BELOW 30% TINT IN THE REAR, YOU CAN NOT HAVE FRONT TINT

If you have an MPV, which include but are not limited to, SUVs, Station Wagons, minivans, Toasters, etc., and said MPV has factory installed privacy glass (smoked), you are allowed to have up to 50% tint in front.
          87 Jeep Comanche Metric Ton
          90 Eagle Talon TSI
          09 G6 Progression(New Car)
          My Progression

Comment

I already have 5% on the back so legally I can't do anything to the fronts.

Comment

what is "(MVP)" from the site there?

Current: Debadged, K&N Air Filter, 3A Racing Exhaust Tips, Blue High Beam Bulb, Sirius/XM, Painted Calipers (Red) WAMS TUNE (93 Octane), Tints 5% back and rear 20% fronts, HID 6k,
              Next: STB, Engine Detail, Paint Engine Plactic Componets Red Repaint Brake calipers

Comment

Why i would have to be born in a state with the dumbest tint law in the country, MI. Is it just me or does anyone elses eyes burn uncontrollable when you scroll up and down kinda fast on the provided tint law page.lol stupid me

Comment

So I'm in Maine, and you can have the rear window tinted if you have dual side mirrors. Those are like tow mirrors right? Also, I have the convertible so technically the rear triangle windows are regular rear windows so would I be allowed to tint them too?

Comment

Working...
                  X