This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ***Find your states legal tint limit***

im not sure how to exactly read what tint is allowed, i live in ny and it says 'Must allow more than 70% of light in' so is that 30% or less tinted? sry, confusing for me

i might want to tint my side windows, and i also want to tint my headlights and tail lights, :s
    My black 06 G6

Decepticon G6
    Current: Injen Air Intake, debadge, red calipers, Decepticon Emblem

Future: Exhaust, Tint windows, tint tail and head lights, paint engine and batter cover, new 18"s, lowered

Comment

Originally posted by rblumenthal
      im not sure how to exactly read what tint is allowed, i live in ny and it says 'Must allow more than 70% of light in' so is that 30% or less tinted? sry, confusing for me

i might want to tint my side windows, and i also want to tint my headlights and tail lights, :s
      The lower the tint #, the less light gets in. So 15% is way darker than 50%. Your legal tint would be 70% then.
      As far as headlights and tails look at chad's (cbrenn71's) stuff. He does both.

'08 G8 GT... 1 7/8" Kooks Blue Ceramic Coated Long tube Headers... 3" Xpipe...Magnaflow axle backs...Rotofab CAI...Heater hose relocate. Ported throttle body, intake manifold, Custom grind cam 227/237 .620/.604 LSA 113 +3, Circle D 3200 stall, 3.45 rear gear,Tuned by Redline
      Dyno 438 WHP 415 WTQ

'15 Chevy SS Some Like It Hot Red Holden Grill & trunk badge... Solo performance axle backs... Rotofab Intake, Mobile attractions front splitter

Comment

alright awesome thank you

do you know if the tinted taillights and headlights are illegal in ny?
        My black 06 G6

Decepticon G6
        Current: Injen Air Intake, debadge, red calipers, Decepticon Emblem

Future: Exhaust, Tint windows, tint tail and head lights, paint engine and batter cover, new 18"s, lowered

Comment

tint limit in WI- 50% on front driver and passenger windows 35% from there back.

Comment

Originally posted by blueg62nv
            tint limit in WI- 50% on front driver and passenger windows 35% from there back.
            Tint limit for me is 35% in the front and 20% in the back No wonder why I have cops by me all the time or follow me. My secret is I stay off I-39 too many state troopers for me. I stay away from Wood County. That county will be pull you over for drivin with your brights on I know because I've been stopped for that reason

Comment

yeah it doesn't help when the state patrol head quarters is right on 51/I-39 in wausau. yeah 35% isn't legal but fuck it who cares!

Comment

quick question, will the police usually pull you over for having illegal tint? you'd think they have more important things to do. its just a fix it ticket right?
                G6 GT, Front and Back emblem overlays, Eyelids, 18" Chrome Factory Rims, Monsoon Audio, Custom Vinyls on back widow and back side small windows

Comment

Originally posted by drumermandan
                  quick question, will the police usually pull you over for having illegal tint? you'd think they have more important things to do. its just a fix it ticket right?
                  It depends on where you are. The place that did my tint is literally right down the road from the State Barracks for troop B which does most of Western CT, and a bunch of cops from there had their personal cars done @ 15% all around at the shop, and told the owner that as long as no one is a dick about it, they won't cite anyone for it. If you get pulled over, it won't be for window tints, and only way they'd fine ya is if you didn't roll them down when you get pulled over, cause they NEEEEED to see inside the car as they're walking up for their safety, so they know you're not gonna pull a gun on them. I would do the same is I was a cop too, reasonable.

Some places though, the Cops are complete dicks about it. They've had people rip tint films off on the spot and charge fines. You really have to check around in your area before you go illegal tint and see if you can ask people who've had it done if they got into any trouble with the cops.

I have 15% all around on mine and 35% is legal here, so I'm illegal. Sometimes I accidentally slip and say 20% but I have 15%!!! I almost got 20%!
                  2015 Chevy SS, Perfect Blue Metallic, Sunroof, No Spare, M6
                  Appearance: Full LED Conversion, 6000L D3S HID Bulbs, Holden Rear and Front Embloms
                  Go Stuff: Diablew 93 Octane Tune

Missed and not forgotten. Traded.
                  2005 CGM GTO.
                  386whp, 364ft-lb torque, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Tuning, K&N Intake, VX Tails, Halo Projectors
                  2009 G8 GT SRM Premium Package, 6000K LED + HID Lows, Factory Bluetooth Retrofit, Atari Gauges, Factory iPod Control, 93 Octane Diablew Tune, Vararam Intake, MBR Strut Bar, Corsa Catback, DBA 4000SX Slotted + Drilled Rotors, Hawk Ceramic Pads.

Comment

Originally posted by drumermandan
                    In May, I got pulled over in my Saturn around the Madison area. The reason the state trooper stopped me was because of my tinted plate cover. It was a busy 3 lane interstate. Then he busted me for my beads hanging from my rearview mirror. In Wisconsin they will pull you over for looking at them the wrong way. I know my time is coming for the tint. They will find any reason to pull me over since I drive a new car I must be doing something illegal

Comment

Originally posted by blueg62nv
                      yeah it doesn't help when the state patrol head quarters is right on 51/I-39 in wausau. yeah 35% isn't legal but fudge it who cares!
                      I'm happy I go to school over in Appleton. I still pick up alot of Portage County Sheriffs, Waupaca County, Sheriffs, and the famous Menasha cops and Grand Chute cops. They all seem to pass me up or ride next to me. I feel alot safer drivin down Highway 10 East then I-39.

Comment

it sucks that they changed the tint laws here
                        used to be however dark you wanted for the back windows, n 35 for the front
                        i have 5% all around, legals 40 front, n 20 back windows, n 12% back glass
                        they crack down on it hard here. depends on where youre at as to how bad the cops are

Originally posted by acxdarlene
                        no...all i did was help u guys w/ ur collection of blonds

Comment

i see what you guys are saying. as far as rolling your window down for the cops.. ya. no problem there. i would too like you said. it just blows if you just so happen to get a cop who got stale donuts in the morning. i was just talking to my friend back home and he just got his license restricted for a couple months for having illegal tint. it was 5% all around on his srt-4. i guess thats a big no no in california.
                          G6 GT, Front and Back emblem overlays, Eyelids, 18" Chrome Factory Rims, Monsoon Audio, Custom Vinyls on back widow and back side small windows

Comment

british Columbia Window Tint Law is "NO TINT ON TWO FRONT SIDE WINDOWS"

2008 G6 SE --------------1975 TA

2008 Pontiac G6

Comment

Got mine done today in Bossier City, LA.

They said legal limit was 50% front sides, 35% rear sides, 12% back.

Just thought I'd throw in that update.

ETA: I actually verified that it's actually 40/25/12, the shop apparently states what's convenient for the tint they have on hand not the actual law.

Comment

just saw this thread, lol, and its sooo old, LOL

well FL is 28 front, 15 back and rear, ans i have 30 front, and 18 back and rear

just before the limit...

Mods: 30% tint front, 18% tint rear, custom eyelids, custom painted rocker panels, custom painted side/wing mirrors, GXP front bumper/fascia, eibach pro kit springs, 17" black/machined face liquid metal venoms, interior CF kit, K&N typhoon intake, Flashtech HID's 6000K lows, 10,000K fogs, Xenon 8500k highs.

Other ride: 07 Q7 for now
                                PSN: racin247
                                Progression-search Silverg6er's FOTOZ

Comment

Working...
                                X