X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mobilebyrd
    Originally posted by Ed
    When it comes down to it everything just depends on how much the police in your area care about tint.. if your really so worried about it just go ask a local officer because they should tell you straight up... i wouldn't take any web sites word for it
    Not to diss officers as a whole but I seem to meet the stupid ones when I ask for information they should know. Example...I asked a cop if there were any rules pertaining to moving my firearms from Montana to Alabama. The officer began arresting me for illegally transporting firearms across state lines. Luckily, another cop asked him what the Hell he was donig, apologized for the incident and gave me some free VIP passes for the senior bowl.

Comment

tintcenter.com states that side windows have to let 70% of the lights through. I just got a ticket for my windows, upon research on the CHP website it says NO tint is legal on the side windows.
      BCG Member #1::G6er Elite

Comment

ummmmmmm

our state driving book here tells you exactly what you can have and it is 35%....im breaking the law though :smoke:

Comment

TINT

Wisconsin is gay! The tint laws around here state 50% in the front. 35% in the rear. Well on my old grand am I had 35% all around. I got pulled over by a state trooper for not displaying my front license plate and he wanted to bust me for my tint too. He took out his tint meter and stated that my windows came up 32% in the front. Well out came my doctors note and I got away from it even though I was supposed to go get a better note made

Well I picked up my G6 on a Friday night that Monday it was already in the shop getting tinted and I went with 35% all around again. I would of been busted with my tint once again but the last two times I gotten pulled over was in my mom's sunfire

Comment

I looked into it and here in Vancouver you can have 5% on the rear window and side widows if it's a sedan.

Coupes aren't allowed any side window tint.

I've got 50% on My G6 and haven't had any problems....yet

I had 2 warnings issued to me for my last vehicle. I had a Celica that was imported from the US. Both times going through a roadblock (a very slow night I think) and both times they said get rid of it or it's a 500$ ticket. They claim tint gives people a way to conceal a weapon and that's why it's illegal for driver and passenger side widows.

Fingers crossed.
            Ice Ice Baby
            --------------
            2006 G6-GTP
            Black on Black
            No mods.....yet

Comment

Does anyone know the laws for tinting in Ontario, Canada? I checked the Ministry of Transportation webpage and could not find anything.

G
              Pontiac G6 V6 Sedan Granite Metallic; ASA JH9 19' on Michelin PS2 (225/40/19); Red Caliper Paint by Duplicolor; Partial debadge; Lumar Tint 30/20; Eibach Springs; Razzi Ground Effects; GT-R Exhaust, CRAB Intake, VMS PCM Tune, MPD Hood
              Upcoming Mods: Stage 4

Comment

http://www.oacp.on.ca/content/positions ... html?id=37
                2009 PONTIAC G8
                MAGNETIC GRAY METALLIC

Comment

Ok so I can get 35% window tint in Mass but does anyone know if my tails can be tinted in Mass?
                  ....................................... Foreverpontiac.com offical friend of G6P.com......................................
                  .................................................. .. Progression & Pics thread .................................................. ..

Comment

I found this for you
                    http://www.mustangforums.com/m_3810499/tm.htm

The site moderator seemed to think there may be a problem, I would take with a grain of salt, however...seeing as he owns a nutstang
                    I make it rain on them hoes!!!

Comment

^thanks

I had heard that you couldn't do anything to your headlights/tails.
                      ....................................... Foreverpontiac.com offical friend of G6P.com......................................
                      .................................................. .. Progression & Pics thread .................................................. ..

Comment

i guess im spoiled then because i have 5 % on all my windows and i have never had any problems with the police. might be cuz i live in florida tho
                        If you are patient in one moment of anger, you will escape a hundred days of sorrow
                        -Chinese Proverb

Comment

Re: ***Find your states legal tint limit***

god new york sucks in evey way, 70% max what nonsense is that?! I did see a truck yesterday with windows i could not see through, most likely not legal.
                          Installed - Crab CAB Intake, Borbet Type XL In Black wrapped in Firestone Firehawk Indy 500 Wide Oval, Hammerhead, Lowered, Pioneer AVH-P4100DVD, HID's DDM tuning 55w 10k Low 35W 8k Fog, LED Tail Light Bulbs, Racingline Strut Bar Painted Red, R1 Concepts CD/S Front and Rear, EBC Yellowstuff pads, 25mm H&R Wheel Spacers, GTR (Pending Delivery)

Future Mods - Window Tint, GXP Rear Bumper, Eagle Eyes Projector Headlights, LED Turn Signals, Audi Headlight Mod, Upper/Lower Recessed Grilles, Energy Suspension Sway Bushings, Engine Tune

Comment

Im in delaware and i just went on the Motor Vehicle website, and printed out a window tint waiver. I just had to take it to family Dr. had him fill out his part of the paperwork, filled in my vehicle info and took to DMV to have the noterize it. Now I can (and still occasionally do) get pulled over, but no fines or anything from it. they wont put a notation on your registration since they use it (tint violation) for a probable cause stop. Most cops are surprised that i have it and its filled out and tell me sorry have a good day. Ive only had 1 cop who actually got pissed off, and gave me a hardtime about it, till i told him give me the ticket and (5% on all sides and back, 35% on entire windshield and 5% visor layered over that. *visor was done to pull attention off the windshield tint*)

Comment

soooooooooo two nights ago I found out from a cop the local limit for tints is 23%.....while I was getting pulled over and searched and all that nonesense us youngins have to deal with..... Mine are 13%, funny thing is the ticket was for speeding (BS) not for the tints (even though the cop said "yeahhh buddy yours are illegal")

Comment

What helps alot is if the cop can't really tell how dark it is... if you see one riding around or your about to get pulled over roll atleast your front windows down and side your sunroof cover open to let a much light as possible in. Helps alot trust me! If they ask how dark it is, the best answer is "It was on the car when I bought it" and they will usually take it easy on ya. But you can always tell if a cops had a bad day.. and then your just fuked. I got pulled over one time in a totally blacked out suv and this cop must have been on HIS period, he ticketed me for everything he could come up with, I think he even pulled out a violation guide
                                My Car Domain
                                Vector 93 ECM/TCM Dyno tune, Michelin Pilot Sport A/S Plus 235/50/18 , RacingLine Motor Mounts & Strut Bar, R1 Premium drilled rotors, Custom Exhaust w/ 4" tips, Inchannel Rain Guards, Crabs CAB & Front Pipe Upgrade, GXP rear bumper, 15% Ceramic Tint, Blue Calipers, Blue Dart Overlays, Upper Window & Lower Grill Chrome, Side GTP Emblems, Chrome Door Locks, 8k HID Head & Fogs, Pioneer Head Unit, Rockford Door Speakers

Comment

Working...
                                X