This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Florida Meet Planning Stage

'08 G8 GT... 1 7/8" Kooks Blue Ceramic Coated Long tube Headers... 3" Xpipe...Magnaflow axle backs...Rotofab CAI...Heater hose relocate. Ported throttle body, intake manifold, Custom grind cam 227/237 .620/.604 LSA 113 +3, Circle D 3200 stall, 3.45 rear gear,Tuned by Redline
    Dyno 438 WHP 415 WTQ

'15 Chevy SS Some Like It Hot Red Holden Grill & trunk badge... Solo performance axle backs... Rotofab Intake, Mobile attractions front splitter

Comment

Originally posted by Thebeast
      i have a warranty but im racing. ive done it with my bosses viper, but not my car, so what the hell. ill do it
      i thought that if you took it to race at a track they get your VIN #??
      is there really no way they could tell at a dealership if your racing it?

meh....
      i just dont want to jepordize being able to get ANYTHING/EVERYTHING fixed for "free"
      Black '05 G6 GT Sedan
      (sorry about the extra long signature b4)

Comment

okay, so friday the Oct. 16th or friday the 23rd?

looks like friday is our best option because Saturdays aren't open for public track use and i doubt people would want to be out there all night on sundays.

if we show up early enough it would be cool to have a shoot in the staging area and in front of the orlando speedworld wall.

So post a reply if those fridays are good and ill make a poll for you all to choose which one.

also would you all want to meet there or somewhere else and have a cruise to the track.

and about the warranty you're good to 100,000 miles and there's no way for them to really tell unless you fry something which i doubt will happen in a couple drags....even then just get it moved from the track and they won't know. My engine was rebuilt for some little rattling noise at startup and i just brought it back to them for the same noise while driving. going to pick it up today. i'm not concerned with a fresh new engine warranty and history of engine noises and troubles under my belt .
        2007 G6 2.4L VVT Ecotec- Black Sedan
        Appearance: Tinted Tails, 15% Tint, Black Calipers, Black Overlays and Eyelids, Black Painted Upper Grills, Blacked out door trim, Flowmaster exhaust tip, G5 GT Wheels, Red Interior LEDs, Red LED Dome, removed front plate, added oem fogs
        Performance: WAMS 93 ECU and TCM tune, Injen CAI, and Racingline STB
        Future plans: Red LED Trunk Wiring, Black headlights, exhaust, black rims, eibach springs

Comment

both dates sound good
          i just have to know a week or so in advance so i could get off

my car = stock
          so no racing for me :/
          but as i said b4 ... ill watch
          Black '05 G6 GT Sedan

Comment

oh you could race stock....i'm willing to race in my 2.4! i'm gonna look stupid out there against most cars.

my dad's mustang Gt was running 14 flat at he lost to a 11 sec camaro, a station wagon, and a srt8 charger ....i'm hoping i go up against slightly slower cars

it's not that tough on a stock car really. your on the gas for 15 seconds just a little bit longer than merging onto a highway.
            Appearance: Tinted Tails, 15% Tint, Black Calipers, Black Overlays and Eyelids, Black Painted Upper Grills, Blacked out door trim, Flowmaster exhaust tip, G5 GT Wheels, Red Interior LEDs, Red LED Dome, removed front plate, added oem fogs
            Future plans: Red LED Trunk Wiring, Black headlights, exhaust, black rims, eibach springs

Comment

either way it should be a good time

ill check back to get the updates

but im definately down
              Black '05 G6 GT Sedan

Comment

i dont know about the orlando speedway, but we have an 1/8th mile track i go to here a lot. (only thing i have are raceline motor mounts). what you do is pay at the gate and they give you a racing card. you fill it out with youre info (car, name, address, phone number, crap like that. no vin) then you sign a waver saying if you break something on youre car its your fault, or if you die, its ok to push you off to the side and carry on the races. (not really but close enough). then you get a number written on your window and park in the line of cars waiting to race. thats it. dealer doesnt know and doesnt have to know. like brandon said.
                i dont know if OSW does it any differently or not.
                and stock or not, i vote do it if youve never raced before. its a BLAST!!!! and then, when you do end up fixing up youre car, you have a good benchmark to judge how much of an improvement the mod actually did. i have yet to race since ive put in the motor mounts... depending on how much OSW is... i just may have to race.... crappy tires or not....
                r/t .539, 60' 2.328, 330' 6.529, 1/8mi 10.002, 71.16 mph (completely stock)

My Baby in her darkest hour
                http://www.g6performance.com/forum/s...l=1#post389966

Comment

thank you for the info morpheus

would you happen to know if its the blue pill or red pill im supposed to take?
                  :P lol jk

... i have never raced, and if they dont take your vin i just may
                  Black '05 G6 GT Sedan

Comment

That's how Jax Raceways were before they closed. No Vin, just waivers.

FourDoorMafia MySpace | YouTube

Current Mods: ZZP Strut Bar | CRAB FPU w/Fenderwell Intake
                    Future Mods: Flowmaster 50 Series Exhaust
                    Fabrication: Rear Strut Bar

Comment

ill have my tune by then im definately racing and im definately down for a friday
                      2006 Pontiac G6 V6-Too many mods-Traded In(RIP 2006-2010)
                      2008 G8 GT-TSP Forged LS3-Procharger-219/231 RCR Cam-TSP Ported L92's-Squash-Kooks-Solo 3in-SS Wheels and Brakes-Demon8-BMR-BC Racing Coilovers-Custom Earls Tranny Cooler
                      613/543 @11.5psi Old Numbers
                      11.6 at 123. 1.92 60ft
                      New numbers coming soon........

Comment

I'm down at this point I dunno which date will work but I'm sure once you set it I'll make it work. How much does it cost to race?

Car Domain | ForeverPontiac.com | Progression

Originally posted by WoodburyMan
                        G6Performance - now with TWO Hampsters!

Comment

i thinkkk when i went with my dad its 10 dollar admission (grandstands) or 25 to race....buttt that was for the prize night with qualifying runs and prize money

so im thinking it will be like 10-15 dollars on a regular night to just run

Comment

I might give it a go on the track. I'd go to watch regardless.

FourDoorMafia MySpace | YouTube

Current Mods: ZZP Strut Bar | CRAB FPU w/Fenderwell Intake
                            Future Mods: Flowmaster 50 Series Exhaust
                            Fabrication: Rear Strut Bar

Comment

$10-15
                              i just may race at those rates!

up in MI (where im from originally)
                              i think it was $30 plus to run 3 times on the dragstrip
                              me n my dad used to go in his mazda mx-3
                              Black '05 G6 GT Sedan

Comment

yeah it was 25 for actual bracket racing with street cars and prize money...

so i doubt it would be that much for a test and tune day

Comment

Working...
                                X