This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coupes... Windows Fail to "index" in Freezing Temp

Anyone else had a problem with their windows indexing properly when frozen? Last night my windows did not roll down when I opened the door... I don't like that!

John
    Mine - 2006 Black Grand Prix GXP

i know the other day mine moved real slow. but i think it was cuz there was some frost on the window

Mods- VMS ECM/TCM Tune, Custom Magnaflow Cat Back, Full CRAB Intake, Racing Line Motor Mounts and Strut Tower Brace. Tinted Windows & Tails. EBC USR Rotors Front and Rear running YellowStuff Pads
    Originally posted by ahuhn
    so i just realized there a drawer in my room that has nothing in it but tequila, condoms and a blow up doll. cant figure out if thats a good thing or not

Comment

hmm frozen, frost-I don't even know what that is.
      TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

it doesn't exist... it's a rumor started by "those people"

you know...

northerners...

:P
        2006 G6 GTP Coupe
        :: Doctor Speed Turbo Kit ::
        :: Decals by RK Vinyl :: <-- Check out the newly redesigned store!!
        :: GT-R Exhaust ::

Comment

Originally posted by G6Performance
          it doesn't exist... it's a rumor started by "those people"

you know...

northerners...

:P
          actually im not a northerner. im in so cal high desert area and it gets cold out here. in the winter we see temps of 10 degrees at night sometimes lower. the avg temp is around 24-32 at night

Mods- VMS ECM/TCM Tune, Custom Magnaflow Cat Back, Full CRAB Intake, Racing Line Motor Mounts and Strut Tower Brace. Tinted Windows & Tails. EBC USR Rotors Front and Rear running YellowStuff Pads
          Originally posted by ahuhn
          so i just realized there a drawer in my room that has nothing in it but tequila, condoms and a blow up doll. cant figure out if thats a good thing or not

Comment

Damn you all and your warm weather! Haha... Just kidding! I am glad I do not have to deal with that heat all summer. I used to live in Orlando. I felt like I was going to melt!!!

John

Comment

I get the same thing. You just have to warm the car up a bit, and have the window defroster selected. The remote start is a must on the coupe.
              -Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

Comment

yeah thats not something the car (or ANY cars for that matter) can really help... just mother nature
                2005 G6 V6 in granite metallic, Kenwood DDX6019 touch screen DVD radio, 2 12" Kicker Solo-Baric L7s, Dynamat, Orion 2400 amp, Power Acoustik 4F cap, XBOX 360, Chrome window trim, Quicklift kit

Comment

I have it happen. Good way to prevent this is coat the window in rianx often- this makes th eglass a bit less prone to freezing over. Be sure you get the part UNDER the gasket, too.
                  Straight up Pimp Trollin'
                  2006 Silver MazdaSpeed 6 Grand Touring Sedan
                  w/ Real Working BOV Action!!!11!

"Zoom Zoom + 6psi Bitches!"

Comment

Ah, I will do that!

Thanks,

John

Comment

Originally posted by CoupeOfG6
                      I have it happen. Good way to prevent this is coat the window in rianx often- this makes th eglass a bit less prone to freezing over. Be sure you get the part UNDER the gasket, too.
                      Coupe you little too excited on that post?? lol
                      TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

Straight up Pimp Trollin'
                        2006 Silver MazdaSpeed 6 Grand Touring Sedan
                        w/ Real Working BOV Action!!!11!

"Zoom Zoom + 6psi Bitches!"

Comment

speaking of window problems anyone else have the passenger window roll ALL the way down when you open the door instead of the 1/2 inch its supposed to? Get really annoying when your getting out of the car cause you have to turn the car back on to roll the window back up.
                          BCG Member #1::G6er Elite

Comment

wow, that would freak me out Try disconnecting the battery and re-program the indexing. I put a How-To in that forum for the procedure, it only takes a minute. If that doesn't fix it... who knows?
                            2006 G6 GTP Coupe
                            :: Doctor Speed Turbo Kit ::
                            :: Decals by RK Vinyl :: <-- Check out the newly redesigned store!!
                            :: GT-R Exhaust ::

Comment

Originally posted by reubenk
                              speaking of window problems anyone else have the passenger window roll ALL the way down when you open the door instead of the 1/2 inch its supposed to? Get really annoying when your getting out of the car cause you have to turn the car back on to roll the window back up.
                              I've had that happen, but I thinks it is due to accidentally hitting the window button while opening the door, or re-opening it right after you closed be fore the window can index properly.
                              BMG Cofounder who happens to be a Petrolsexual
                              ^ The Man
                              v The Legend

Comment

Working...
                              X