This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Coupes... Windows Fail to "index" in Freezing Temp

my 08 had a similar problem except this when the car was off and i went to exit the vehicle the window did not index. i had to restart my car and try again for it to index. The temperature was approx -10 C

Comment

I have that problem after snows or freezing rains. I believe its caused by ice forming on the mechanical components inside the door. Once the car is warmed up and the heat runs for a while in the cabin the ice melts and the window works properly again.

Comment

a thin layer of ice builds up right at the window seal on the bottom. if you use an ice scraper and go right along it. it should free it up.

Mods- VMS ECM/TCM Tune, Custom Magnaflow Cat Back, Full CRAB Intake, Racing Line Motor Mounts and Strut Tower Brace. Tinted Windows & Tails. EBC USR Rotors Front and Rear running YellowStuff Pads
        Originally posted by ahuhn
        so i just realized there a drawer in my room that has nothing in it but tequila, condoms and a blow up doll. cant figure out if thats a good thing or not

Comment

About early winter i had a problem where my window driver side didnt indent and after doing a factory window reset it still isnt going down.. in thinking maybe the motors burnt out but the window still works normally... superannoying because my other window still goes down and works normally. and i think it not indenting messed the seal up now because on the highway wind just blows through it unless i manually indent it to reset the seal...any ideas?
          gonna check my fuse box later on I think.

Comment

Working...
          X