Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm having a hard time seeing as what lower molding you are talking about, I'm pretty sure I know but I fail to see how that would really solve any issues.

Comment

its the one that touches the bottom of the window
      gm must have redesigned it so it wont freeze to the window

Remember if "the" and "and" are spelled right its not a genuine Ahuhn post

Dear God, please send clothes to all those poor ladies in Daddy's computer. Amen.
      Originally posted by snowmanG6
      you would try to tape a poptart to her then give her a bag a skittles and tell her to fart a rainbow

Comment

Figured so, but how does that solve the window freezing to the weatherstrip?

Comment

idk the bulletin only refers to the window freezing to the lower belt molding
          the bulletin reads as folows

"Some customers may comment that under certain cold weather conditions, the door window glass (driver side and/or passenger side) freezes and will not index down when opening the door.

Cause

This condition may be caused by the door window glass freezing to the belt outer sealing strip at the base of the window glass"

and the fix is to replace the moldings

Remember if "the" and "and" are spelled right its not a genuine Ahuhn post

Dear God, please send clothes to all those poor ladies in Daddy's computer. Amen.
          Originally posted by snowmanG6
          you would try to tape a poptart to her then give her a bag a skittles and tell her to fart a rainbow

Comment

Yeah but most have the issue of it freezing up at the top, I think GM needs to get their priorities right.

Sure others have that problem I guess, but mine has never froze down there and I'm in the great white north.

Comment

I don't know about that, because when you open the door, it shouldn't matter if it's frozen at the top. The window would still roll down if it was just frozen at the top as soon as you opened the door, because there's nothing holding it at the top.

I always thought it was frozen at the bottom.

Comment

Mine hasn't indexed when I've opened it before, but there was no ice or snow anywhere it was just when it was really cold out. And I've had my passenger side window stick to the top weatherstrip when I tried to open the door and pull it out.

I dunno... just saying.

Comment

So is this still a problem on the 07s? Or is the "fix" that you were talking about implimented on the 07s

Comment

Originally posted by Stub
                    So is this still a problem on the 07s? Or is the "fix" that you were talking about implimented on the 07s
                    I didn't have any problems this winter and I have an 07 and I'm just a couple hours south of you.

2007 Silver G6 GT Coupe (w/Hammerhead Spoiler)
                    SWO Member
                    Tinted Tails done by Chad (cbrenn71)

Comment

Re: Coupes... Windows Fail to "index" in Freezing Temp

why roll the windows down when its freezing cold outside?
                      Originally posted by WoodburyMan
                      There's a page of leghumping afterwards

Comment

Originally posted by travis05
                        why roll the windows down when its freezing cold outside?
                        ...Because on the coupes, the window rolls down about an inch whenever you open up the door so that it'll get a better seal when you close it and the window closes again. In fact, the window actually has a track in the top moulding and the indexing feature is necessary for the window to go into that track.

sigpic
                        Mobil 1 | Doctorspeed Stage 3 & 4 CAI | CRABS | Sacchi S45 245 Black 18" Rims | 6000k HID Headlights + Fogs | GT-R Exhaust | 20% Tint | Pioneer AppRadio 2

Comment

I have a coupe in shitty winters of northern IL and I only had a problem with the indexing once and that was during a freezing rain. Other than that it usually still opened right up.
                          sigpic

2004 LS1 A4 Quicksilver w/ Red Interior 1 of 301 -

GO-K&N Intake, Spintech Exhaust, Pacesetter Headers, Catless Mids, Tuned using HPTuners By Rian

Turning and Stopping- Cquence Drilled and Slotted Rotors

Show- SAP Repros in Satin black, fake SAP mod, Tinted tails by Jorge, Satin Black Badges, 35% tint all around, Satin Black painted 17's, Flat Splitter

Electronics- Pioneer AVIC F90BT, JL 500.1 Monoblock Amp, JL 12W3-2, DDMTuning 8k 55watt HID hi/low, All Interior and Cluster LED Swap by Bohnman,

Fully modded G6 GTP-TRADED

Comment

yea...shit.

had this happen 2 weeks ago when we had a bit of snow

cant wait til the season actually starts ..

would this be covered under warranty if the window breaks or something?

Comment

I'm pretty sure it would be.

'08 G8 GT... 1 7/8" Kooks Blue Ceramic Coated Long tube Headers... 3" Xpipe...Magnaflow axle backs...Rotofab CAI...Heater hose relocate. Ported throttle body, intake manifold, Custom grind cam 227/237 .620/.604 LSA 113 +3, Circle D 3200 stall, 3.45 rear gear,Tuned by Redline
                              Dyno 438 WHP 415 WTQ

'15 Chevy SS Some Like It Hot Red Holden Grill & trunk badge... Solo performance axle backs... Rotofab Intake, Mobile attractions front splitter

Comment

when i had my grand am my windows use to stick like crazy in the cold so i tried coating the top of the window with vasoline an rolled them up an down a few times to get the vasoline on the seal an after that they worked fine havent had this prob with my 6 yet but im sure i will with our great cold canadian winters but maybe something to try anyway

Comment

Working...
                                X