This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GTPGuy82
    You have some kind of garage you can keep your car in? That worked for me last year. As long as it wasn't raining or snowing the night before, the windows should index properly.
    The car is garaged every night, but parked in an open parking lot during the day.

So what happens if the window is iced over, and try's to index when you open the door? I would imagine this could damage the motor?

Comment

Remote started the car this morning, for 1.25 cycles, windows still frozen shut, beat on them swore at them opened door at stop lights pulled down on windows nothing for 10 more minutes until some prying on the window toward the car with an open door fanly did the trick.

Unusual morning with wet snow yesterday, and refreezing overnight. Gos the indexing is annoying
      BMG Cofounder who happens to be a Petrolsexual
      ^ The Man
      v The Legend

Comment

Get some silicon emulsion and put it on the weatherstrip, will keep the ice from sticking and protects weatherstrip also. Mine while being coated in ice, opened perfectly this morning.

Comment

Originally posted by jonnycat
          Remote started the car this morning, for 1.25 cycles, windows still frozen shut, beat on them swore at them opened door at stop lights pulled down on windows nothing for 10 more minutes until some prying on the window toward the car with an open door fanly did the trick.

Unusual morning with wet snow yesterday, and refreezing overnight. Gos the indexing is annoying
          If they were frozen shut, wouldn’t trying to force them open do more damage than just leaving them frozen?

Comment

no, the smoke would have no place to go and stay in the car.
            ^ The Man
            v The Legend

Comment

what?

If they are frozen open, when you open the door and then reshut it, the window gets hung up on the upper piece of molding and flexes about 1/4" outside the car. plus its noisy as hell
              Originally posted by colinpeddle
              They'll begin missing us soon. Once all the threads stay on topic thru 14 pages... oh they'll miss us, our wit and our insane ability to wander off topic so effortlessly. Some day, a g5er will stop and say

Go tell the G6ers, passerby,
              That here, by G6er law, we lie
              Stranger, tell the G6ers that we behaved as they would wish us to, and are buried here.
              THIS IS G6PERFORMANCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

KJHLKAJDHLKJHLKAAHHHHHHHHHHHH<- battle cry.

Comment

Originally posted by carsuperfreak
                what?

If they are frozen open, when you open the door and then reshut it, the window gets hung up on the upper piece of molding and flexes about 1/4" outside the car. plus its noisy as hell
                The guy smokes cigarettes. When he drives with the windows closed, the smoke has no place to go. He needs the window open to let the smoke out.

I say just quit smoking.

Interfire - what is silicon emulsion and where do you get it?

Comment

Originally posted by carsuperfreak
                  what?

The windows don’t clear the molding if they can’t index?

Comment

Nope. The window presses against the outside of the molding. You can actually see daylight between the door and the A-pillar, right next to the mirror. Sometimes it will pop back into place as you are driving.

Indexing windows were not meant for northern climates.

Comment

my passenger side is way better than the drivers side it almost clears it, while my side sounded as if a puppy's skull got stuck between the window and frame.
                      ^ The Man
                      v The Legend

Comment

jonnycat....if i had been drinking anything you would owe me a new monitor.

Comment

jnak

You can get some at the dealers, I got mine at Davis. AC Delco little white bottle that you brush on and let dry, I don't think it's very expensive either since they gave me a free bottle to try out. Don't have the bottle with me but I can get the part number sometime, but they'll know what you are talking about.

Comment

dodged a bullet then, whew. Kind of like that time I jacked up a a needy crack whore, but she O.D.'d

j/k
                            ^ The Man
                            v The Legend

Comment

snow and ice

well last night here there was kinda a snow storm :\ and what i did was just seperate the rubber on the outside of the window (credit card) and it the window dropped, should go down, in my case i chipped all the ice off too

Comment

Re: snow and ice

Originally posted by sixspeed
                                well last night here there was kinda a snow storm :\ and what i did was just seperate the rubber on the outside of the window (credit card) and it the window dropped, should go down, in my case i chipped all the ice off too
                                Separated the rubber from the bottom of the window? Or the top? Where was it stuck?

Comment

Working...
                                X